how to enable sli windows 10?

cruztony

I have them properly connected and using an sli bridge. My pc recognize both ot them but i dont think they are running sli. When i go to nvidia control panel there is no option to enable sli. How can i fix it?

Edit: im running 980ti sli

I believe SLI is automatic. If your cards meet the requirements for SLI (same GPU core, same VRAM) then you should be fine.

I've built 3 PC's, but none for myself... In fact, I'm using an iMac that my dad bought for me as my desktop. Awkward...

Please don't say "SSD drive." By doing so, you are literally saying "Solid State Drive Drive" and causing my brain cells to commit suicide. The same applies to HDD (Hard Disk Drive) and PCIe (Peripheral Component Interconnect Express).

I believe SLI is automatic. If your cards meet the requirements for SLI (same GPU core, same VRAM) then you should be fine.

So how could i test this?

So how could i test this?

Go into a game with only one card installed, take note of your FPS, install the second card and repeat. If the framerates are significantly higher the second time then it works.

I've built 3 PC's, but none for myself... In fact, I'm using an iMac that my dad bought for me as my desktop. Awkward...

Please don't say "SSD drive." By doing so, you are literally saying "Solid State Drive Drive" and causing my brain cells to commit suicide. The same applies to HDD (Hard Disk Drive) and PCIe (Peripheral Component Interconnect Express).

Sli is not automatic

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

nvidia control panel

RIG #14670k @4.4 / 1.25v vcore. @ 4.5 / 1.3v vcore/ 1.95v vccin. MSI GAMING 4G GTX 970 @1540/3700 1.275v BIOS MOD. 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage RAM 2400mhz. MSI GAMING 5 Z97 MOBOFractal Design Define S. Dark Rock Pro 3. 850 EVO 250GB Seasonic M12II 620w
RIG #2: 4790k @ 4.6 / 1.25v vcore. EVGA SC ACX 2.0 980 SLI16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz. Asus MAXIMUS VII Hero Z97. Fractal Design Define R5. NH D15. 850 EVO 250GB AX 860

I have them properly connected and using an sli bridge. My pc recognize both ot them but i dont think they are running sli. When i go to nvidia control panel there is no option to enable sli. How can i fix it?

Edit: im running 980ti sli

are their 2 sets of Sli bridge "teeth" iirc there is 2 sets cause you need to use both for Tri/Quad SLI but on my 680s I had to use the ones further away from the rear IO.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

NONSENSE! SLI must be activated through nVidia´s control center.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

NONSENSE! SLI must be activated through nVidia´s control center.

I dont have the option to do it. I go to nvidia control panel and the option to enable it is not there

I dont have the option to do it. I go to nvidia control panel and the option to enable it is not there

look what I said above, you might need to change your sli bridge postion

System Specs

look what I said above, you might need to change your sli bridge postion

Ok let me do that and see what happens

Ok let me do that and see what happens

If that´s still not helping you can remove both cards and change their PCIe slots. I´ve had that before and after I changed it would allow me to activate SLI.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

If that´s still not helping you can remove both cards and change their PCIe slots. I´ve had that before and after I changed it would allow me to activate SLI.

I actually did that and work, i have two 980ti amp extreme. They are huge, i was hoping to have one in the first slot and the other one in the last one. Seems i doesnt work that way. They are working fine now. Thanks

I actually did that and work, i have two 980ti amp extreme. They are huge, i was hoping to have one in the first slot and the other one in the last one. Seems i doesnt work that way. They are working fine now. Thanks

You are welcome :).