Is my MSI R9 270X running way too hot?

Ethre

Hello, I have an MSI R9 270X with Twin Frozr fans. The question I want to ask is if my GPU is running too hot.

I was playing GTA V earlier today, and at the beginning the temps were like 70-75C, but after playing the game for like 15-20 minutes the temps raised up to 80-90. I never saw it over 90C. The card's fan is also broken I think ,as it makes this unusual sound, tried everything to fix it but I couldn't. I can't RMA the card because it was purchased in the capital city, which is 4 hours away from me, and the warranty is about to end.

Hello, I have an MSI R9 270X with Twin Frozr fans. The question I want to ask is if my GPU is running too hot.

I was playing GTA V earlier today, and at the beginning the temps were like 70-75C, but after playing the game for like 15-20 minutes the temps raised up to 80-90. I never saw it over 90C. The card's fan is also broken I think ,as it makes this unusual sound, tried everything to fix it but I couldn't. I can't RMA the card because it was purchased in the capital city, which is 4 hours away from me, and the warranty is about to end.

"The card's fan is also broken I think" - You solved your own problem. Now go get a replacement heat sink fan from ebay/amazon/ whatever you want. Those are really easy to replace

Current: R2600X@4.0GHz\\ Corsair Air 280x \\ RTX 2070 \\ 16GB DDR3 2666 \\ 1KW EVGA Supernova\\ Asus B450 TUF

Old Systems: A6 5200 APU -- A10 7800K + HD6670 -- FX 9370 + 2X R9 290 -- G3258 + R9 280 -- 4690K + RX480

I was playing GTA V earlier today, and at the beginning the temps were like 70-75C, but after playing the game for like 15-20 minutes the temps raised up to 80-90. I never saw it over 90C. The card's fan is also broken I think ,as it makes this unusual sound, tried everything to fix it but I couldn't. I can't RMA the card because it was purchased in the capital city, which is 4 hours away from me, and the warranty is about to end.

90°C is high for a 270X.

If your fan is broken, then it's a pretty bad problem, try to get it sort out.

90°C is high for a 270X.

If your fan is broken, then it's a pretty bad problem, try to get it sort out.

the fan spins fine, but it just runs really hot

the fan is just making noise, but thats about it

coil ?

coil ?

noo, definately not coil whining

i have a video about this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9REgqKO6Zd4

i really have no idea why my card is running so hot

the airflow in my case is just amazing

i can live up with the sound but if my gpu runs this hot for no aparent reason, that's when i get worried

it doesn't exactly push to 90c, it just goes to high 80's at times, and then drops all the way down.

Try to clean the GPU from the dust, and if you can change the thermal compound it will help a lot, i have the r9 270x (asus) and max temps are 65/70 when i'm playing.

Even the idle temps of the card reaches 30C 

Try to clean the GPU from the dust, and if you can change the thermal compound it will help a lot, i have the r9 270x (asus) and max temps are 65/70 when i'm playing.

I will probably change the thermal paste tommorrow