How to remap device inputs?

SquareCarousel

I've been trying to use an old mouse to create an new device. Is there a way I can edit the driver or use a program to assign it a new input, like making both clicks register as 'up' keys? Button remapping software hasn't helped so far because you can't select individual mice, only set global remaps to all mice. Any ideas?

I've been trying to use an old mouse to create an new device. Is there a way I can edit the driver or use a program to assign it a new input, like making both clicks register as 'up' keys? Button remapping software hasn't helped so far because you can't select individual mice, only set global remaps to all mice. Any ideas?

Don't think its possible using normal software unless the mouse itself has rebind able software/hardware built in - as it will still be sending the input to the computer as a mouse gesture, and you cannot use 2 mice on the same PC

But maybe somebody knows some wacky solution

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Autohotkey should be able to do that for you. Programming-wise it sits on the software-layer and uses 'hooks' to dip below. If some other program uses similar method to get inputs too, before Autohotkey kicks in, Autohotkey won't be able to counter. That may cause issues, most likely only with that particular other program, mind you. But the way around that is to mess with Windows registry directly. Here's some info on that. I believe, these are all global changes. So you can't have one 'normal mouse' and one 'keyboard mouse'.

Can I not edit the registry of the second mouse? As in, is there a way to tell the computer that the mouse is not a mouse when you plug it in?

Can I not edit the registry of the second mouse? As in, is there a way to tell the computer that the mouse is not a mouse when you plug it in?

After some digging it looks like the simplest way to do what I want is to make a custom driver for the mouse. Thanks for the ideas :)