Making Money

Spectator

Do you guys have any ways that you make money on the side? If so share! I have a job where I work 25 hours a week and overtime isn't an option on the jobs end not mine. I don't have enough time to get another job but was curious if anyone had a good way of making some money on the side.

I sell things on eBay for a living (well, for now). I started out selling old stuff of mine, then I started to resell items. That's how I was able to build my system. It might take a while to make good profit, but I would say it's good enough to have as a side job.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.6 GHz

Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus VII Hero

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32 GB @ 1903 MHz

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan X @ 1100 / 7030 MHz
Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D with the Ghetto LED 5000 lighting kit
Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO
PSU: Corsair AX1200i
Display: Dell P2415Q
Cooling: Corsair H100i
Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB (Cherry MX Reds)
Mouse: Sharkk MMO Pro

Spoiler
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550
Gigabyte GA-G41MT-S2PT
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev 2
G.Skill Value 8 GB (1333 MHz)
Cooler Master N200
Seagate Barracuda 1 TB
Insignia 300W
Windows 7 Enterprise

Spoiler
Intel Core i3 3240
Asus P8Z77-V LX
4790K stock cooler with Cooler Master HTK-002 thermal paste
Corsair XMS3 4 GB (1333 MHz)
Cooler Master HAF 912
Seagate Barracuda 1 TB
Thermaltake TR2 430W
Windows 10 Pro

I sell things on eBay for a living (well, for now). I started out selling old stuff of mine, then I started to resell items. That's how I was able to build my system. It might take a while to make good profit, but I would say it's good enough to have as a side job.

so you buy thing on ebay for a low or good price and resell a little higher? How do you deal with getting goods that are damaged and or not what they were supposed to be?

so you buy thing on ebay for a low or good price and resell a little higher? How do you deal with getting goods that are damaged and or not what they were supposed to be?

I buy things wherever there's a good price. I've never actually encountered a defective product for resale, so really I can say is I would return it after inspection.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.6 GHz

Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus VII Hero

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32 GB @ 1903 MHz

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan X @ 1100 / 7030 MHz
Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D with the Ghetto LED 5000 lighting kit
Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO
PSU: Corsair AX1200i
Display: Dell P2415Q
Cooling: Corsair H100i
Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB (Cherry MX Reds)
Mouse: Sharkk MMO Pro

Spoiler
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550
Gigabyte GA-G41MT-S2PT
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev 2
G.Skill Value 8 GB (1333 MHz)
Cooler Master N200
Seagate Barracuda 1 TB
Insignia 300W
Windows 7 Enterprise

Spoiler
Intel Core i3 3240
Asus P8Z77-V LX
4790K stock cooler with Cooler Master HTK-002 thermal paste
Corsair XMS3 4 GB (1333 MHz)
Cooler Master HAF 912
Seagate Barracuda 1 TB
Thermaltake TR2 430W
Windows 10 Pro

I sell things and return things and rebuy them if they go on sale right after I buy them.

I sell things and return things and rebuy them if they go on sale right after I buy them.

I buy things wherever there's a good price. I've never actually encountered a defective product for resale, so really I can say is I would return it after inspection.

how do you guys deal with taxes. Are you taxed on this?

That's always been my fear about eBay. In fact I only just worked up the courage to buy from someone online about a week ago on this forum. Honestly, I'm still very jittery, waiting for it to get here. Every time I hear a loud noise or something, I practically jump and scream "I know that GPU is fake, now gimme my money back you filthy scammer!" Then I remember how I rationalized the purchase, and how I know it should be fine... And then I remember that I just screamed in real life and didn't express my fear over the Internet to the person it's relevant to. Then I realize someone's about to kick me out of the library for randomly screaming in the corner. None of this makes it much better though. I'll feel a lot better when it finally gets here and I can stop panicking.

Anyway, maybe if this goes well I could become an eBay seller too. Might be a fun job.

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

how do you guys deal with taxes. Are you taxed on this?

Not if I hand a guy the item for a handful of cash

Not if I hand a guy the item for a handful of cash

That doesn't work as well if the seller is in California and your in New Hampshire.

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

That doesn't work as well if the seller is in California and your in New Hampshire.

I usually just sell stuff to friends.

These making money threads need to stop, there is one every other day

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Guys I'm 15 and don't want to actually work how do I make internet money, I need to buy a computer with the most expensive parts pcpartpicker would let me select

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Yea, there's way too many... I wonder if somehow you could make money by talking to other people on forums about how to make money online? Oh wait...

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

This didn't mean to turn into that and I guess I put a poor title on this. All I wanted to see was how people made money on the side. The best thing to do is to actually get a job

This didn't mean to turn into that and I guess I put a poor title on this. All I wanted to see was how people made money on the side. The best thing to do is to actually get a job

Odd jobs

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Odd jobs

Gotta be careful how odd it gets though. I was once hired to clean out this guys garage while he watched, but he insisted he watched with one of those horse head masks. Then I take a break, and I come back to find a different guy in the same mask where the first guy was, but he was acting as if I hadn't noticed that they had swapped places. Then he wanted me to touch he mask while reading from some old book. As it turned out this wasn't even the weird part, as they just took off the mask when I finished reading and gave me a free muffin. The weird thing was that I found someone had taken a dump in the water cooler. Still worth it for $40? You decide.

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

scrap metal is not what it used to be. I have many 100s of lbs of aluminum scrap and it is not worth no dollars. So I horde for the future.

Drugs.

In all seriousness though look for websites where you can find side jobs. Depending on what you're willing to do i know care.com has a section for this but you could also check sites like craigslist. People will need help cleaning, moving things, household chores, being driven somewhere, walking their dog, teaching them how to do something etc. If you find something you don't mind doing and you do a good job you might even find people calling you back for help again. Just a thought. Also, you should look into drop shipping items. And look through the things you own and see if there's anything you can sell. Stuff like that. One more thing is you could create a t-shirt campaign. If you have a good idea and a good design, just try your best to spread it around (not on here though, against coc) and get as many people as you can to order it. You can use services where you don't even need to put up the money for it, they're only printed if enough people order it and it's charged to and directly shipped to them and then you get some money afterwards. Hope this helps. I'll let you know if i think of something else.

Just a normal guy with a constant desire to modify everything he owns. 

Check out my current build here:

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1006447-the-cake-is-a-lie-water-cooled-portal-pc/

Do you guys have any ways that you make money on the side? If so share! I have a job where I work 25 hours a week and overtime isn't an option on the jobs end not mine. I don't have enough time to get another job but was curious if anyone had a good way of making some money on the side.

It's generally pretty tough and it's all about timing but you could learn how to flip merchandise. The most reliable secondary source of income for most people is through investments and trading.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8