Performance Issues - Lenovo y50

Go to solution Solved by Lord_Karango17,

Check through task manager if anything is hogging up the cpu. Go through the uninstaller menu and get rid of anything you don't need.

Go into the power options and make sure its not on power saver.

Those are the things that come to mind...

Hello my dear LTT Community!

I've got a problem with my Lenovo y50 Laptop regarding its performance... 

I did nothing exceptional with it but since two days relatively basic games like Rocket League and CS:GO, even LoL started lagging for no good reason. One specific thing for Rocket League was that the sound also started to go crazy... There's constantly a cracking noise especially when the sound gets louder (already tested different earphones).

But sadly, that's not the only performance problem because you can really notice the worse perfomance in windows itself... For instance if I start up a webpage it takes quite some time until i can start scrolling same with accessing the google search field or sth like that. Even navigating through the System Settings takes a lot more time and program start-ups are much slower as well.

I already tried to clean up the registry and let those cleaners to their work, but nothing seemed to help. Also checked my Anti-Virus (avast) and after a complete scan nothing was found.

So here are my specs:

Lenovo y50 (non UltraHD monitor)

Windows 10 64 bit

Intel i7 4710 HQ

16 gb of RAM

Nvidia GTX 960m 4gb VRAM

256 gb SSD storage

I really hope that you guys can help me to find a solution :)

Alex (Femex)

Check through task manager if anything is hogging up the cpu. Go through the uninstaller menu and get rid of anything you don't need.

Go into the power options and make sure its not on power saver.

Those are the things that come to mind...

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

Holy balls.... It really was the power option... It was magically set to a "download mode"..

Dont even know what that one is but thanks a lot sir :)