SLI Cooling mAtx case

Afranqui

Hey everyone. This is my first SLI config and I was just curios about the temps that people see in an mAtx setup. Under load the bottom GPU sits around 60-70 degrees C while the top is around 70-80. Are these temps around average for what you guys are seeing. There is no gap in between the cards they are flush to one another. The case I am in is the BItfenix Aegis, I have two intake fans in the front the top intake is through a rad and only one exhaust in the back. I was planning on experimenting with fan placement but thought I would drop a thread here first.

Thanks! 

Hey everyone. This is my first SLI config and I was just curios about the temps that people see in an mAtx setup. Under load the bottom GPU sits around 60-70 degrees C while the top is around 70-80. Are these temps around average for what you guys are seeing. There is no gap in between the cards they are flush to one another. The case I am in is the BItfenix Aegis, I have two intake fans in the front the top intake is through a rad and only one exhaust in the back. I was planning on experimenting with fan placement but thought I would drop a thread here first.

Thanks! 

What are your system specs and the kind of coolers on the GPU's. It sounds about right while the top card is a bit toasty you want to try and keep temps below 85C in general. Ideally if you can add a pressure optimized fan right in front of the two GPU's to supply it with some better airflow that can help a fair bit if your wanting to drop the temps.

I have a 4790k in its own AIO liquid cooler. The 970's coolers are EVGA's ACX 2.0+. 

I have a 4790k in its own AIO liquid cooler. The 970's coolers are EVGA's ACX 2.0+. 

Hmm Ideally for smaller cases or SLI it's best to have blower cards so the hot air gets exhausted out of the rear, downdraft type coolers tend to heat up the top card a lot more. The best is to try and keep good air circulation so the hot air gets out as soon as possible and replaced with fresh air. I would setup the front and bottom as intake on the case and have the top and rear as exhaust. Sometimes having a fan blow air in between the cards as much as possible can help.

Do you think that if i modded the case to accommodate a fan in the side panel directly next the cards it would make a difference?

Do you think that if i modded the case to accommodate a fan in the side panel directly next the cards it would make a difference?

Potentially it can help take out some of the heat given off from the cards.

I usually recommend the people with smaller cases and narrow PCIe slots to buy one blower and one boardpartner design. I know the looks aren´t the most beautiful ones but it works very well, and there´s no realy temp issues then at all.

The fan will help for sure, but it won´t be doing any miracles. And of course there´s also more noise to handle then.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling