Is this a good deal/video card

I am honestly a cheap bastard so it would be too much for me, but the biggest question is how guilty would you feel buying this, and what are you trying to do with it? 

If you can justify it without feeling guilty, then yes, it is worth it. 

The 980 is a good card, especially for DX11.

COMPUTER: Mobile Battlestation  |  CPU: INTEL I7-8700k |  Motherboard: Asus z370-i Strix Gaming  | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 | Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev. b |  PSU: Corsair SF600 | HDD: Samsung 860 evo 1tb

I am honestly a cheap bastard so it would be too much for me, but the biggest question is how guilty would you feel buying this, and what are you trying to do with it? 

If you can justify it without feeling guilty, then yes, it is worth it. 

The 980 is a good card, especially for DX11.

Honestly I just saw it and said that looks like a good deal. I probably shouldnt spend that much money on it. I currently have a 280X and its alright. Im just wondering whether this 980 is actually good and why they are giving it away for so cheap

Honestly I just saw it and said that looks like a good deal. I probably shouldnt spend that much money on it. I currently have a 280X and its alright. Im just wondering whether this 980 is actually good and why they are giving it away for so cheap

Yeah, I spent a total of $704 on my computer (so far), so that is not cheap for me. xD

If you see that the 280x is an issue, then by all means, upgrade. It is still a decent card even now. I'd personally recommend sticking with AMD (Fury-X) for the short-run DX12 until Nvidia begins selling GPUs that ACTUALLY support Asynchronous Compute. 

But if Nvidia makes you happy, then by all means.

(Do look at what you do and see how much of a difference that you would notice.)

Forgot to link in my build.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/FAQBytes/saved/#view=jhZbt6

COMPUTER: Mobile Battlestation  |  CPU: INTEL I7-8700k |  Motherboard: Asus z370-i Strix Gaming  | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 | Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev. b |  PSU: Corsair SF600 | HDD: Samsung 860 evo 1tb

Yeah, I spent a total of $704 on my computer (so far), so that is not cheap for me. xD

If you see that the 280x is an issue, then by all means, upgrade. It is still a decent card even now. I'd personally recommend sticking with AMD (Fury-X) for the short-run DX12 until Nvidia begins selling GPUs that ACTUALLY support Asynchronous Compute. 

(Do look at what you do and see how much of a difference that you would notice.)

May i ask you where in the hell you got a 290X for $225, my 280X was over $300

AND WHAT, YOUR CPU WAS $200!!!!!!! The price it shows me is over one thousand dollars!!!!!!

May i ask you where in the hell you got a 290X for $225, my 280X was over $300

Craigslist.

AND WHAT, YOUR CPU WAS $200!!!!!!! The price it shows me is over one thousand dollars!!!!!!

Yep. Got it on Ebay, and it is an early stepping as well. When I got it, it was coated in thermal paste.