PC SPECS:

CORE I7 3930K 3.2GHZ

16GB RAM

2TB HDD

ASUS RAMPAGE IV EXTREME (Motherboard)

MSI GTX 960 4G

NZXT 750W PSU

R9 390

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Get a 390 instead of a 970.  

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

Since you have a 4G 960, that should work well for SLI since it has the same VRAM as a 970. But if you're looking into getting a new card, check out AMD cards like the R9 390.

Since you have a 4G 960, that should work well for SLI since it has the same VRAM as a 970. But if you're looking into getting a new card, check out AMD cards like the R9 390.

960 SLI is worth or not?

960 SLI is worth or not?

no unless you already have a single card. i would get a 390 in your case

RIG #14670k @4.4 / 1.25v vcore. @ 4.5 / 1.3v vcore/ 1.95v vccin. MSI GAMING 4G GTX 970 @1540/3700 1.275v BIOS MOD. 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage RAM 2400mhz. MSI GAMING 5 Z97 MOBOFractal Design Define S. Dark Rock Pro 3. 850 EVO 250GB Seasonic M12II 620w
RIG #2: 4790k @ 4.6 / 1.25v vcore. EVGA SC ACX 2.0 980 SLI16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz. Asus MAXIMUS VII Hero Z97. Fractal Design Define R5. NH D15. 850 EVO 250GB AX 860

no unless you already have a single card. i would get a 390 in your case

I live in Saudi Arabia & R9 390 is 700$

960 SLI is worth or not?

they will definetly outperform 970

get them if you play new AAA games(driver support)

for older games no

and since you allready have one, i say it's worth it

you also have a powerfull enough PSU

they will definetly outperform 970

get them if you play new AAA games(driver support)

for older games no

I play new games like gta 5 fallout 4... etc

I play new games like gta 5 fallout 4... etc

then go for it

you can allways sell them if they won't work well for you

then go for it

you can allways sell them if they won't work well

both have to be 4gb version ?

both have to be 4gb version ?

they don't have to be

but if you will get the second one 2GB, your first one will also be limited to 2GB

so get 4GB

but it doesn't have to be MSI

Just gotta remember that quite a few games these days do not run all that well with sli, i would always recommend going with a single card if possible. Cant really go wrong with either 970 or 390 depending on the price where you live, go for whichever one is cheaper. If you have a 1440p monitor the 390 would probably be the better option there tho, if you run 1080p either card is good.

Ryzen 7 3700x, MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX, 16GB Ballistix Elite 3600MHz, MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio, Corsair RM750x V2

they don't have to be

but if you will get the second one 2GB, your first one will also be limited to 2GB

so get 4GB

but it doesn't have to be MSI

thanks for the help, I think 8gb is too much for me I will get the 2gb

Just gotta remember that quite a few games these days do not run all that well with sli, i would always recommend going with a single card if possible. Cant really go wrong with either 970 or 390 depending on the price where you live, go for whichever one is cheaper. If you have a 1440p monitor the 390 would probably be the better option there tho, if you run 1080p either card is good.

I have 1080p monitor, & GTA 5 supports SLI?

Although I am a bit of an AMD fanboy, I might recommend getting a second 960. Some games don't do well on SLI and so it really depends on the games you are playing. I would look at what games you want to play and see if they work better on AMD or Nvidia cards. For instance, Fallout 4 does slightly better on the GTX 970 than the R9 390 (My Card).

CPU: i5 4690 GPU: Powercolor R9 390 RAM: 2X4GB DDR3-1600 G.Skill Ripjaws X Case: NZXT S340 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H97-D3H CPU Cooler: Some cooler I took off of an old Socket 775 Mobo

Although I am a bit of an AMD fanboy, I might recommend getting a second 960. Some games don't do well on SLI and so it really depends on the games you are playing. I would look at what games you want to play and see if they work better on AMD or Nvidia cards. For instance, Fallout 4 does slightly better on the GTX 970 than the R9 390 (My Card).

GTA 5 works on SLI?, I play GTA 5 ALOT

Gotta admit im not sure about GTA 5, the problem a lot of people have with sli is microstutter in quite a few games, if GTA 5 is one of them i do not know.

Ryzen 7 3700x, MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX, 16GB Ballistix Elite 3600MHz, MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio, Corsair RM750x V2

thanks for the help, I think 8gb is too much for me I will get the 2gb

The VRAM doesn't double in SLI, for example I'm using two 4GB 980's in SLI and I still only have 4GB of total usable VRAM so I'd go with the 4GB cards if the price difference is reasonable where you live.  Also not sure you can mix cards with different amounts of memory, it worked on older generations but I know from personal experience it didn't work with the 6xx and 7xx cards and remember reading that NVidia discontinued support for it in their drivers.

The VRAM doesn't double in SLI, for example I'm using two 4GB 980's in SLI and I still only have 4GB of total usable VRAM so I'd go with the 4GB cards if the cost is reasonable where you live.  Also not sure you can mix cards with different amounts of memory, it worked on older generations but I know from personal experience it didn't work with the 6xx and 7xx cards and remember reading that NVidia discontinued support for it in their drivers.

This, im pretty sure you can match different brands, but im also pretty sure they need to have the same amount of VRAM. Also as said, if you have 2 cards with 4GB of VRAM in sli, you do not have 8GB, you still just have 4 :)

This, im pretty sure you can match different brands, but im also pretty sure they need to have the same amount of VRAM. Also as said, if you have 2 cards with 4GB of VRAM in sli, you do not have 8GB, you still just have 4 :)

Yes you can run different brands and clock speeds together, both cards will just run at the speed of the slowest one.  I didn't know about the memory limitation until I tried adding a 4GB 680 that I got for free to a rig that had two 2GB 680's, tried everything to get it working and the answer I got from EVGA support was that starting with that generation you needed to use cards with the same VRAM size.

It depends on how much the two options cost. The 960 in SLI performs as well as a 980 if I'm not mistaken, however the 970 can overclock to meet the 980 in performance. If the 970 is cheaper, definitely. If the 960 SLI is cheaper, you'll get a little bit better performance, but you'll come across some issues that come with SLI such as some triple-A titles not offering support at launch.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

The VRAM doesn't double in SLI, for example I'm using two 4GB 980's in SLI and I still only have 4GB of total usable VRAM so I'd go with the 4GB cards if the price difference is reasonable where you live.  Also not sure you can mix cards with different amounts of memory, it worked on older generations but I know from personal experience it didn't work with the 6xx and 7xx cards and remember reading that NVidia discontinued support for it in their drivers.

so, I should get 4gb ?

Just watched a video on sli gta 5 performance and it looks pretty good. Keep in mind the video I watched used 2 980s, not 2 960s.

CPU: i5 4690 GPU: Powercolor R9 390 RAM: 2X4GB DDR3-1600 G.Skill Ripjaws X Case: NZXT S340 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H97-D3H CPU Cooler: Some cooler I took off of an old Socket 775 Mobo