Fanless

Luke32800

Sapphire R7 250 or Palit GTX 750ti KALMX

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

What is the very best possible stable fanless graphics card?

Are you looking for just one you can buy, or would you be willing to mod one?  Because that could make a big difference in how powerful you can go while remaining fanless.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

If you want to throw a fuckton of money at the silent PC problem...my desktop is fanless.  Watercooling + remote radiators.

Workstation:  14700nonk || Asus Z790 ProArt Creator || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || Crucial Pro Overclocking 32GB @ 5600 || Corsair AX1600i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

If you want to throw a fuckton of money at the silent PC problem...my desktop is fanless.  Watercooling + remote radiators.

What is taking heat from the radiators?  If there isn't a fan blowing through them, are they just so big that being passive works?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

What is taking heat from the radiators?  If there isn't a fan blowing through them, are they just so big that being passive works?

If the radiators are far enough away, you can put fans on them and not hear them at all.

Workstation:  14700nonk || Asus Z790 ProArt Creator || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || Crucial Pro Overclocking 32GB @ 5600 || Corsair AX1600i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

If the radiators are far enough away, you can put fans on them and not hear them at all.

oh, well of course... but that's not really fanless then :)

A great solution though

What is the very best possible stable fanless graphics card?

GTX 960 with an Acrtic Cooling Accelero S3 (http://www.arctic.ac/ch_en/accelero-s3.html ). The heat sink on the back cools the VRM and VRAM nicely. But it is pretty big, so it may not fit in your case.

EDIT: And for non stock coolers look in my signature. 2x GTX 980 passive...

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

GTX 960 with an Acrtic Cooling Accelero S3 (http://www.arctic.ac/ch_en/accelero-s3.html ). The heat sink on the back cools the VRM and VRAM nicely. But it is pretty big, so it may not fit in your case.

EDIT: And for non stock coolers look in my signature. 2x GTX 980 passive...

Holy jeez, that's way more extreme than I ever thought possible. Raises the question of the value of passive... I mean, if that is so well cooled it can work without a fan, I have to imagine that if you added just one like huge 280mm fan at very low rpm so it was still literally silent, you could get even better temps. Sure, its not truly passive any more, but you'd still accomplish the main point of it being silent, and could get much better temperatures.

Holy jeez, that's way more extreme than I ever thought possible. Raises the question of the value of passive... I mean, if that is so well cooled it can work without a fan, I have to imagine that if you added just one like huge 280mm fan at very low rpm so it was still literally silent, you could get even better temps. Sure, its not truly passive any more, but you'd still accomplish the main point of it being silent, and could get much better temperatures.

I could but I don't have to.

Also the finn density is very low, so it will not has as big as an effect as on a "standart" heat sink.

If I add a moveing part in a future build it will be a pump so I can use water or oil to transport the heat. Heat pipes are a pain to work with.

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil