Possible Bad Card... I think?

meller

I'll start with my system specs then give you what I know so far.

Motherboard: ASUS X99-Deluxe
CPU: Intel i7 5820k
GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 980 Ti Strix

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR 2400mhz

Power Supply: EVGA 1000w 

The rest doesn't really matter

I have one card in the First PCIe Slot and my second card in the 4th PCI, just as the manual dictates.  

Now the problems I have started to notice.  To begin with, in ASUS GPU Tweak II, I've noticed that even if I have my fans turned to 100%, GPU Tweak only registers as one card's fans spinning up.  Oddly enough, it's the secondary card in the SLI config.  I know the fans are kicking on for my first card, as I've visually seen it.  Also to note, the first card runs much hotter than my second card.  Usually 20 degree's difference.  The first card is hooked up to my PG278Q via Display port, and my second 1080p monitor via DVI.  I get 144hz, G-Sync is detected.  But I still say that things like Nvidia Experience is extremely laggy to open.  I thought, eh maybe it does work since I'm getting picture on all monitors, and I get what seems to be great FPS in games.

But when I went into the bios today, I noticed a tool called GPU Post.  When I clicked on it, it only displayed my second card, in slot 4 running @ 8x.  Nothing in any of the other slots.  On top of that in ASUS GPU Tweak II, some times it doesn't list any cards in the drop down menu.  Like, the drop down is there and I can hover over options, but there isn't anything listed in the drop down menus.  I run the newest drivers, I have bios version 2001 (was 1801, but I updated it just to see if anything in there was the issue... )

Does this sound like a bad card?  Everything else works amazingly on the motherboard, leading me to believe it's not a bad motherboard.  I will be swapping the cards positions tonight to see if my secondary card in slot 4 is detected in slot 1 just to double verify my motherboard isn't the issue.

Advice?