Elder scrolls online thoughts?

NickTheMajin

I hate MMOs but the thought of traveling around all of Tamriel sounds awesome. I hate having other people in my games. People bunny hopping around the map takes me out of the game. That and I hate the whole "huge empty landscape with mobs of predetermined enemies that res pawn after two minutes" and finishing a quest only to find a few people are already there killing the end boss.

Are there mods for it like there are for Other Elder Scrolls titles?

I won't be doing PVP or anything MMOy like that. Just exploring and doing the main quest. The old republic was tolerable in that respect, but that game was free. This one will not be.

Don't buy it. You already have the mindset of someone who will immediately go "WOW THIS GAME TOTALLY RUINS ELDER SCROLLS".

Don't put yourself through it. Wait for the next ES title.

ESO in itself is a mass of cancerous puss that shouldn't even be mentioned as being an Elder Scrolls title.

You're better off waiting for Tamriel Rebuilt to amount to something glorious

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

As an elder scrolls fan, I hate it immensely, It is the first 3D (I have to exclude 2D graphic games like arena) Bethesda game I hate, I say stay away from it.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Don't buy it. You already have the mindset of someone who will immediately go "WOW THIS GAME TOTALLY RUINS ELDER SCROLLS".

Don't put yourself through it. Wait for the next ES title.

I play it right now and I agree with Kloaked. You gotta look at it like an MMO and not anything related to the ES games.

I hate MMOs but the thought of traveling around all of Tamriel sounds awesome. I hate having other people in my games. People bunny hopping around the map takes me out of the game. That and I hate the whole "huge empty landscape with mobs of predetermined enemies that res pawn after two minutes" and finishing a quest only to find a few people are already there killing the end boss.

Are there mods for it like there are for Other Elder Scrolls titles?

I won't be doing PVP or anything MMOy like that. Just exploring and doing the main quest. The old republic was tolerable in that respect, but that game was free. This one will not be.

I bought it made an archer character and became bored of it very quickly.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

Mostly only try-hards hate the game, and list incredibly stupid reasons for why they dislike it or no reasons at all.

You should get it OP. It is a really fun MMO. It might not be in the same quality as Skyrim, Morrowind, or Oblivion but that doesn't mean it is bad. It isn't meant to be identical to the single player games in the series, and going in thinking it is Skyrim or Morrowind but online is only going to disappoint you. It is actually a really good game, with lots to explore and do, and looks really nice. Plus, it is really fun to play with people. :)

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I hate MMOs

Don't buy it then.

It's a MMO with a ES theme, nothing else. If you already hate MMO's then you'll hate this one, no doubt about it.

I bought it for $15 have had a lot of fun with it, but that's also because I love MMO's.

It's definitely a good game, but the "end-game" isn't all that great.  Once you hit 50, the max level, you get "veteran ranks".  There are 10 veteran ranks, which take a long time to level.  Until they get rid of this feature I do not see this being a good game, unless you love grinding endlessly. 

Wow all the hate surprises me. It's a great MMO, but all those people hating probably expected an Elder Scrolls game which is wildly unrealistic in an MMO perspective.

Mah Build:  CPU: Intel i7-7700K COOLING: NZXT Kraken X52 GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 MOBO: Asus Strix Z270F RAM: 16GB GSKILL TridentZ RGB 3000 

CASE: In Win 303 STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate 1TB  SSHD PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W

I played it 6 Weeks with Friends. It was a Fun MMO time, but i get bored by MMO´s real quick these Days. And of course its no real TES. People who thought that are naiv.

The best MMO ever exist was SWG and i doubt it will be toped anytime soon.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Wow all the hate surprises me. It's a great MMO, but all those people hating probably expected an Elder Scrolls game which is wildly unrealistic in an MMO perspective.

Ya its ridiculous. The amount of BS about this Game hurts. It has nice Graphics, alot of character customisations, tons of skills, a huge World and Fun Quests. For an MMO it was realy good.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO