Product Review: @BIOS

xox

@BIOS is a Gigabyte tool used to flash the BIOS within Windows. It seems like a harmless tool and it looks nice, with a clean GUI and stuff like that. However, it actually does not work properly. I mean, it works doing some things (like flashing the BIOS), however, it doesn't work in the sense that it destroys the way that Windows boots. It destroys the registry file in some occasions. The actual success rate of @BIOS is seriously small and is just way too risky.

Please use QFlash in the BIOS, it actually works :D

-Tom

Compatible with Windows 95

I have used @BIOS once, i had to re-flash the BIOS after because the @BIOS program did not have the latest BIOS for my mobo, i just manually downloaded the new BIOS and used QFlash.

All in all @BIOS is not that hot.

GPU: Gigabyte HD7970 | Mobo: ASUS Z97i PLUS | CPU: 4790K

HDD: Samsung 1tb SSD | Disp: 3x Asus 23.6" 1080p

RAM: 16gb Kingston Hyper X | Case: None

I have used @BIOS once, i had to re-flash the BIOS after because the @BIOS program did not have the latest BIOS for my mobo, i just manually downloaded the new BIOS and used QFlash.

All in all @BIOS is not that hot.

I must say, QFlash is much better, although, you have to use a FAT32 disk.

@bios is the best thing ever !

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

@bios is the best thing ever !

Have you actually used it successfully?

Have you actually used it successfully?

probably used it over 10 motherboards from G31 (2008) to z67 (2013)

works perfectly

just double click and click a few buttons

and thats it

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Never used @BIOS. I alwasy used WinFlash or NVFlash in DOS. I guess I'm old school like that

This should also be in member reviews

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

probably used it over 10 motherboards from G31 (2008) to z67 (2013)

works perfectly

just double click and click a few buttons

and thats it

Yeah, it decided to completely ruin my registry and when I weny to the computer shop to get it fixed, the guy said it was notorious.

Yeah, it decided to completely ruin my registry and when I weny to the computer shop to get it fixed, the guy said it was notorious.

whats ur OS ?

whats ur OS ?

Windows 7

MSI m flash is much better. You can use an ntfs usb drive and you don't even need to format it.

MSI m flash is much better. You can use an ntfs usb drive and you don't even need to format it.

I will pprobably have to agree with you there..,.

@BIOS worked well for me. By default, if I am not mistaken, it clears the BIOS settings, so you need to put everything back to have the OS boot again.

But the really awesome Windows BIOS updating tool, is what Dell have for their systems. Simply amazing.

Dell systems don't have dual BIOS chip, but I never seen or heard anyone have their BIOS update fails (unless they pull the plug, or losses power or kill the program while doing the update process, or something along those times). BIOS configuration is never cleared, and the update process is really fast compared to @BIOS.

I am surprised that motherboard manufactures don't have such solid system as the one from Dell. And it's been years that Dell have theirs, it's not something new. We are talking for the past 10 years or almost that Dell have this.

Yeah, I used @Bios a while ago when I still had my 60GB Ocz Vertex 2 and it killed the boot times and it butchered the SSD. Even after a complete re-install and a secure wipe of the ssd using a linux distro, the Drive never performed the same.

Highly not recommended to use @Bios for anything!

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Flashing bios in Windows is very risky. Almost bricked my bios by using a Asus bios flasher. I would recommend flashing your bios in either the bios or in a DOS environment which is the safest way imo.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Flashing bios in Windows is very risky. Almost bricked my bios by using a Asus bios flasher. I would recommend flashing your bios in either the bios or in a DOS environment which is the safest way imo.

Can't agree with you more dude

@BIOS worked well for me. By default, if I am not mistaken, it clears the BIOS settings, so you need to put everything back to have the OS boot again.

But the really awesome Windows BIOS updating tool, is what Dell have for their systems. Simply amazing.

Dell systems don't have dual BIOS chip, but I never seen or heard anyone have their BIOS update fails (unless they pull the plug, or losses power or kill the program while doing the update process, or something along those times). BIOS configuration is never cleared, and the update process is really fast compared to @BIOS.

I am surprised that motherboard manufactures don't have such solid system as the one from Dell. And it's been years that Dell have theirs, it's not something new. We are talking for the past 10 years or almost that Dell have this.

HP has a good one as well for BIOS, no problems with them really, have updated like 15 HP computers and no problems.