New to PC gaming and afraid to mod

I just recently got a dedicated gaming PC 3 weeks ago. I love everything about it, and I can't believe I used to game on a Wii U. I have gotten used to the small adjustments ( like rebinding keyboard controls) but anything more intensive ( like uncapping framrate in deadrising 3) is incredibly difficult to wrap my peasant brain around.

I have done some research on modding ( google, youtube, LTT forums ) and have drawn the conclusion of, Steam workshop=garbage and nexusmods=win. I even have a list of nexusmods I would like to install. About 10 mods as well as skse, skyui, and patches for game and DLC.

My first question is should I even try. It seems there will be a lot of troubleshooting. Also seems much more difficult than creating an .ini file (DR3 framrate uncap took me 2 days to figure out) Skyrim without mods can still be fun right, I'll be playing at 1080 with a great framerate.

Second question, if I screw it all up I can just delete everything and reinstall right? (sorry if this is dumb question, feel free to insult my newbness) or am I risking more damage to other files or my hardware?

Third question, Do I install all the mods I want right away, or one at a time. Does it just depend on preference. (I've seen this debated both ways)

4) Will having Win 10 os give me problems.

Please any not trolling advice would be greatly appreciated.

And yes I'm the real Yoyomaster

https://youtu.be/qlaxSz9T-Qc

My PC is

• CPU
    i5 6600k
  • Motherboard
    krait z170
  • RAM
    16g ddr4 2400mhz
  • GPU
    msi gtx 960 2gb
  •  
  • Storage
    wd blue 500gb hdd
  • PSU
    corsair cx500
  • Display(s)
    AOC G2460 g sync
  • Cooling
    zalman cnps10x
  • Keyboard
    Razer Orbweaver
  • Mouse
    death adder croma
  • Sound
    ATH ad700x
  • Operating System
    win 10

I just recently got a dedicated gaming PC 3 weeks ago. I love everything about it, and I can't believe I used to game on a Wii U. I have gotten used to the small adjustments ( like rebinding keyboard controls) but anything more intensive ( like uncapping framrate in deadrising 3) is incredibly difficult to wrap my peasant brain around.

I have done some research on modding ( google, youtube, LTT forums ) and have drawn the conclusion of, Steam workshop=garbage and nexusmods=win. I even have a list of nexusmods I would like to install. About 10 mods as well as skse, skyui, and patches for game and DLC.

My first question is should I even try. It seems there will be a lot of troubleshooting. Also seems much more difficult than creating an .ini file (DR3 framrate uncap took me 2 days to figure out) Skyrim without mods can still be fun right, I'll be playing at 1080 with a great framerate.

Second question, if I screw it all up I can just delete everything and reinstall right? (sorry if this is dumb question, feel free to insult my newbness) or am I risking more damage to other files or my hardware?

Third question, Do I install all the mods I want right away, or one at a time. Does it just depend on preference. (I've seen this debated both ways)

4) Will having Win 10 os give me problems.

Please any not trolling advice would be greatly appreciated.

And yes I'm the real Yoyomaster

https://youtu.be/qlaxSz9T-Qc

Welcome to the forum!

1. Trouble shooting is our nature. Don't be afraid, it is quite easy.

2. No need to reset everything if anything goes wrong

3. I don't thinks there is any perceivable difference, just do what is most conveinient.

4. I have Win 10 and it runs great for me.

LIBERATOR: Core i5 6400 @ 2.7GHz | GeForce GTX 670 2 GB | HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4 @ 2133 MHz | 250 GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD
My new build; Liberator, Check it out

The more friendly we are, the more helpful we are!

MY OLD BUILD (AKA PREBUILT MONSTROSITY)
INSANITY: AMD Athlon II X2 @ 3.0 GHz | Geforce GT 720 2 GB | 4 GB DDR3 @ 1333 MHz | 120 GB Silicon Power SSD | 500 GB Hitachi HDD

1) Yes

2) Yes. Though doing a fresh install is certainly not ideal of timely most of the time as an easier fix (i.e. uninstalling a troublesome mod) is usually always available. Reaching into your third question the benefit of installing mods in small increments allows you to find out what mods are causing problems.

3) Depends. I usually install mods in increments of five, just to make sure everything is stable. When installing super crucial stuff like SKSE I would do that shit one by one.

4) No.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

-snip-

Firstly, welcome. A big part of PC gaming is that you get to learn more about the stuff that you've invested money into.

Troubleshooting is the name of the game. Problems happen here, (just as they happen on consoles). But the difference is, you can fix it!

Backup the files for a game (ie copy them elsewhere) and then mod. Restore your backup if needed.

3. Install the mods whenever you like. Although, read the instructions, some mods may require another, or something like that.

4. I'm also running windows 10. Ensure that you go through all the settings in the win10 settings menu (there aren't that many, but there are some important ones to disable).

Some important settings include the peer to peer updates, some of the privacy stuff, auto joining hotspots. etc...

Although, give us your pc's specs. Just in case.

Edit that's a nice pc (room for an ssd upgrade, and replacing that cx power supply). It'll be fine with Windows 10

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

what's wrong with the Wii U?

*think you are trolling so read this with sarcastic tone*

Nothing wrong its the best console ever. I just love dropping $110 for pickmin 3 and smash Bros. And the holiday titles this year (kiss fingertips and toss away) Bellisimo! with that new star fox and zelda U.

*now being serious*.

The only big problem is the extremely limiting online multiplayer (I have no friends) Even if they managed to push more than 10 million consoles. I think they max at ten players playing one game (or maybe 8)

I think the Wii U would be a good cabin console. just buy physical games and play with your family on a vacation.

Its a fun thing to do, basically don't worry about messing things up, the whole point is to break things and put it back together, its like "hacking the game." It can be tedious if things don't work, you have to go back and change some mods, but its a learning experience, you learn about different things. 

Modding Skyrim with Nexus Mod Manager is easy, but start getting some crashes, there are guides to follow, its pretty straight forward. 

I think it makes games a lot more interesting, since you can customize it to to your preferences. Just requires some patience, time, and persistence to get things to work.

Modding Skyrim can be very hard. Read the Torturials carefull and bring some time. Its a big learning curve, but you will manage it.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

• 1 month later...

This process was a nightmare. but my game looks great. definitely not worth it IMO. The only reason I got anything to work is because nexusmm is so easy to use. I still don't know what mods are on and which ones are loaded and not active. basically if I have more than two mods I have no idea whats going on. maybe I would have a better time modding a game that isn't skyrim. skyrim is buggy from the get go. I even thought it was my mods preventing me from putting a alchemy table in my breezhome, 10 hours in game lost and nothing to do with mods, just skyrim bug. facepalm