New to IOS, is there any way to hide apps I dont want on my home screen?

Profoundsoup

You can't take any apps off the home screen. You can only banish them to a folder and throw the folder onto another page of the home screen.

Yep thats what I did. They will never be seen again......

Sorry, you bought the wrong phone. I could recommend a much better android one if you wish, just tell me what you are looking for! I personally use the note series because I really love using a stylus, but if I didn't need that I would use the zenfone from asus

Sorry, you bought the wrong phone. I could recommend a much better android one if you wish, just tell me what you are looking for! I personally use the note series because I really love using a stylus, but if I didn't need that I would use the zenfone from asus

iPhones aren't bad just because the OP doesn't like them...

iPhones aren't bad just because the OP doesn't like them...

I really don't like them for multiple reasons, most people say "Oh just jail break them and they are great" You shouldn't have to literally hack into a phone to be able to enjoy it. If they cost $200 I wouldn't hate on them as much, but they don't. And I would also like to mention that iPhone use a lot of Samsung parts, such as the main processor, and I believe screen, so if this oh so great company uses parts from Samsung, why wouldn't you want to just have an entire phone from them?

Oh hahaha. I have a Nexus 6 as my phone but I wanted a tablet for multimedia use because of a bigger screen and I there really arent any good android tablets out ATM and I heard tablet apps are really shitty on android. So I picked up an Ipad.

Oh hahaha. I have a Nexus 6 as my phone but I wanted a tablet for multimedia use because of a bigger screen and I there really arent any good android tablets out ATM and I heard tablet apps are really shitty on android. So I picked up an Ipad.

Ah, thought you meant phone, well there are some really good android tablets, If you are a gamer I recommend the nvidia shield, coming in at only $200. If you are looking for a flagship, look at Samsungs note tablets or their tab series, Also if you want a HUGE tablet, they recently came out with this... thing... Called the view, its a whole 18 inches of android, kinda ridiculous, and I personally don't believe I wouldn't use it but I think it was only $400. If you want a keyboard with your tablet, googles new pixel c tablet looks really cool, but I don't believe it is officially released yet.

Ah, thought you meant phone, well there are some really good android tablets, If you are a gamer I recommend the nvidia shield, coming in at only $200. If you are looking for a flagship, look at Samsungs note tablets or their tab series, Also if you want a HUGE tablet, they recently came out with this... thing... Called the view, its a whole 18 inches of android, kinda ridiculous, and I personally don't believe I wouldn't use it but I think it was only $400. If you want a keyboard with your tablet, googles new pixel c tablet looks really cool, but I don't believe it is officially released yet.

I know the hardware is coming but compared to IOS from the things ive heard the tablet on Android just doesnt compare as far as optimization with apps....

I know the hardware is coming but compared to IOS from the things ive heard the tablet on Android just doesnt compare as far as optimization with apps....

I dont know where you are looking, I barely notice any apps that are missing from android. I know more and more are coming over from apple because with each contract cycle more and more apple users realize that android is better and they switch over, so I recommend just making the switch and trying out an android tablet for a bit, sure there may be some more niche apps that are limited to the apple store, but all of the large and main apps are on android

I dont know where you are looking, I barely notice any apps that are missing from android. I know more and more are coming over from apple because with each contract cycle more and more apple users realize that android is better and they switch over, so I recommend just making the switch and trying out an android tablet for a bit, sure there may be some more niche apps that are limited to the apple store, but all of the large and main apps are on android

What I mean is apps arent optimized to be used on a large screen 8+ inch and hardly any apps are going to take advantage of the extra space. From what Ive heard those are the issues with Android tablets compared to Apple tablets where the support for tablets is extremely good. 

What I mean is apps arent optimized to be used on a large screen 8+ inch and hardly any apps are going to take advantage of the extra space. From what Ive heard those are the issues with Android tablets compared to Apple tablets where the support for tablets is extremely good. 

I haven't really noticed anything, and I have been through 3 different android tablets, so just give one a try if you are able. If you really want a huge screen you should look at the view, like I said it is a whole 18 inches, and there is a whole section of the home screen to control your tv with. I personally believe the benefits out weigh the cons when using an android tablet. 

I haven't really noticed anything, and I have been through 3 different android tablets, so just give one a try if you are able. If you really want a huge screen you should look at the view, like I said it is a whole 18 inches, and there is a whole section of the home screen to control your tv with. I personally believe the benefits out weigh the cons when using an android tablet. 

I feel ya, thanks

I really don't like them for multiple reasons, most people say "Oh just jail break them and they are great" You shouldn't have to literally hack into a phone to be able to enjoy it. If they cost $200 I wouldn't hate on them as much, but they don't. And I would also like to mention that iPhone use a lot of Samsung parts, such as the main processor, and I believe screen, so if this oh so great company uses parts from Samsung, why wouldn't you want to just have an entire phone from them?

Who bought up Samsung? I certainly don't hate a lot of their products. Furthermore you do realise how manufacturing works, right? If Apple can tell Samsung what to manufacture then how is that a big deal. Btw, the SOC is a completely custom design by Apple. Samsung only MANUFACTURES them. Major difference. 

Never called them "oh so great" either. I am personally switching to Android again when financials aren't a concern for me but I can easily understand why people would pick up iPhones. Plenty of reasons to hate on them but the same goes for any product. Just...try to be objective.

Those only give me a few options tho......Im talking about getting into the actual location of the settings. Its so stupid its hidden in an app. Why cant they just a button in the quick settings panel so u can access it from wherever... 

There's no reason you need to turn off features and functionality when you can keep them on and still get great battery life. If you don't want an app to have your location, just prevent it from accessing your location when it prompts you when you first open it or disable location for the app in the settings app. 

Exact opposite. When I used Android, I was rooting and installing custom roms to get rid of bloatware and to overclock the damn things so it wasn't a laggy piece of shit. Note II and Galaxy SIII were the last two android phones I used before switching to iPhone and never looking back. With iPhone you can jailbreak to customize. With Android, my experience was needing to root and flash roms just to have a bloat free and smooth experience. 

Then again, you could get a Nexus device and deal with the awful camera and shit battery life. Haven't used the recent Nexus devices but the Nexus 4 sucked the fat one and the Nexus 10 was probably the most unstable piece of shit I've ever had the displeasure to use (Shit would literally reboot mid ebook and gave me 4-5 hours of screen on time compared to the iPad 3's 10-12). 

Also, you guys know Google now is on iPhone right? Like the entire thing. Stop saying siri sucks as a negative for iPhone. Siri is awesome, but if you don't like it, use Google Now. It's there. 

As for settings TC, why do you somehow need to visit the settings often enough for there to be a pull down option for it? Seriously. You have your quick toggles from swiping up. What else do you need to do on the fly?

• iOS has a higher crash rate than Android.

Citation needed. I've never had an app crash on iOS. Had the whole fucking device reboot multiple times on multiple android devices. 

HTC Incredible

HTC Rezound

Galaxy SIII

Galaxy Note II

Nexus 4

All laggy pieces of unstable crap. Only pleasant experience was Cyanogenmod on the Note II that was fine though still slow in comparison to the iPhone 5 I got immediately after. 

This thread is a negative shit show, if OP wants some actual iOS advice and help, give me a shout

Really don't feel like starting an argument about iOS vs Android here

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

There's no reason you need to turn off features and functionality when you can keep them on and still get great battery life. If you don't want an app to have your location, just prevent it from accessing your location when it prompts you when you first open it or disable location for the app in the settings app. 

I not talking about the simple settings such as location and bluetooth. Im saying if I ever need to get into the settings to change something that isnt a quick settings its not as intuitive to close out of what Im doing just to get there

I not talking about the simple settings such as location and bluetooth. Im saying if I ever need to get into the settings to change something that isnt a quick settings its not as intuitive to close out of what Im doing just to get there

True, but its extremely rare to ever need to go into the settings, or at least I very rarely do

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

True, but its extremely rare to ever need to go into the settings, or at least I very rarely do

Yeah I guess your right. Its just the initial setup where I have to tweak things its annoying 

Yeah I guess your right. Its just the initial setup where I have to tweak things its annoying 

yeah after a few days youll get used to it :) it takes time to adapt to a new platform, try keep an open mind

I use iOS major so hit me up if you need advice - you have to realise you have less control than android or you will just be fustrated

the layout is generally pretty well optimised and apps work really well for how 90% of people use their phone, you will get annoyed thinking about it in an Android way, 

or it could be its not the phone for you, but hey, its worth giving it a shot

Either delete the apps (if you can) or put them in a folder on an isolated screen

Got an Android, never going back to apple again (notice I spelled apple with a lowercase and Android with an uppercase)

This thread is a negative shit show, if OP wants some actual iOS advice and help, give me a shout

Really don't feel like starting an argument about iOS vs Android here

The argument started 2 pages ago.

The argument started 2 pages ago.

You have never seen me get started :P