1.7v Stock on 4790k?

I installed my new Gigabyte Gaming -5 Z97 and 4790k last night and when I went into BIOS the Voltage for the core said 1.7v Speedfan shows 1.779v and I didn't get around to installing CPU-Z last night to see what that said. I had go with stock cooler for a bit until I get an 1150 bracket for my Corsair H110 so temps are not great '44c idle'. Still doesn't seem right at 1.7v.

I did some in timeline rendering with the DenoiserII plugin in Premiere CC and the render time is much worse for a 450 frame clip compared to my previous 8350 setup.  2min 13sec v 3min 21sec

Also my 1600mhz Kingston Beast ram is showing as 1333mhz in the BIOS it can be turned up easily, i'm just curious as to why that would be. Would that be effecting my render times that much? 

Any help is appreciated as always. I would like to have my new $480 setup performing as it should, because something is definitely off here. 

Icarus I -Past

Icarus II Present

HAL 6000 - Future

um...

unless your running Liquid Nitrogen

something is wrong with 1.7 volts on air...

maybe a defective VRM on the CPU? 

Ummm thats deffently not right, if you can find out were a read point for CPU voltage is on the board use a Multi meter and read it that way.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

Update your bios immediately and after that load optimized defaults. For the ram turn XMP on.

HARDWARE INTERRUPT MOTHAF#%A!
WINDOWS 10 = adware, driven by spyware

1.779V on a Haswell Refresh CPU. Kek

Turn down for temps!

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

Update your bios immediately and after that load optimized defaults. For the ram turn XMP on.

EDIT: Airdeno just posted the link. Thank you for the help. I'lll give this a shot this afternoon and see if that fixes it. 

Icarus I -Past

Icarus II Present

HAL 6000 - Future

EDIT: Airdeno just posted the link. Thank you for the help. I'lll give this a shot this afternoon and see if that fixes it. 

Are you sure you're not looking at CPU Input Voltage (VCCIN)? 1.7-1.9v is perfectly fine.

Vcore should be somewhere between 1.05-1.15v stock. 1.7v would instantly result in a thermal shutdown (you'll be hitting 100C faster than you can blink).

LanSyndicate Build | i5-6600k | ASRock OC Formula | G.Skill 3600MHz | Samsung 850 Evo | MSI R9-290X 8GB Alphacool Block | Enthoo Pro M | XTR Pro 750w | Custom Loop |

Daily | 5960X | X99 Sabertooth | G.Skill 3000MHz | 750 NVMe | 850 Evo | x2 WD Se 2TB | x2 Seagate 3TB | Sapphire R9-290X 8GB | Enthoo Primo | EVGA 1000G2 | Custom Loop |

Game Box | 4690K | Z97i-Plus | G.Skill 2400MHz | x2 840 Evo | GTX 970 shorty | Corsair 250D modded with H105 | EVGA 650w B2 |

I had this happen to me as well with my sniper z97 mobo. It was throwing 1,450 volts at my 4790k as well when I first booted it. These GB z97  mobos apparently come with older bioses that do not support Devil's canyon CPUs right off the bat, wich was one of the things about z97.  Which is WTFunny....  :D

Also, runit3 is probably right. Make sure you are looking at the vcore. ;]

HARDWARE INTERRUPT MOTHAF#%A!
WINDOWS 10 = adware, driven by spyware

I can't get the BIOS update to run. Is there something else that I need to do to make it work? Looks like I was looking at CPU VRIN which is at 1.7v VCORE is .85v. Now though I want to get all of my drivers and bios stuffs up to date so I can get this thing working like it should. Rendering times are still awful.

Icarus I -Past

Icarus II Present

HAL 6000 - Future

If it's the CPU input voltage, the value is going to be higher than the CPU's current voltage.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

1.7v would kill the CPU, probably the VCCIN you're reading.

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro | PSU: Enermax Revolution87+ 850W | Motherboard: MSI Z97 MPOWER MAX AC | GPU 1: MSI R9 290X Lightning | CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k | SSD: Samsung SM951 128GB M.2 | HDDs: 2x 3TB WD Black (RAID1) | CPU Cooler: Silverstone Heligon HE01 | RAM: 4 x 4GB Team Group 1600Mhz

If it's the CPU input voltage, the value is going to be higher than the CPU's current voltage.

Yea no, I went full tard. :/ BIOS help tho pl0x? Want to have that all squared away to then i'm going to start to OC it.

Icarus I -Past

Icarus II Present

HAL 6000 - Future