FX-9370 @ Inferno Speeds! (literally)

Go to solution Solved by afyeung,

Question is... how do I do that? haha I've never overclocked a CPU before.

Enter the bios by mashing delete or booting into bios through windows if you have an SSD and windows loads too fast. Then go to the overclocking tab and change the voltage and cpu multiplier.

Okay, so I'm a complete newbie when it comes to CPU overclocking. I've never tried it and I'm usually too scared to try.  :(

Right now I have a FX-9370 plugged into ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 with Corsair H100i cooling it, and I want to try my hand at overclocking the CPU. I'm not scared anymore since I plan a CPU/MOBO overhaul coming Christmas.

I need some tips as to what I need to do to overclock a CPU... GPU's are much easier to me!  :D

Thanks ahead of time!

That thing is an inferno even without overclocking. *Hides from the AMD fanboys

they will find you. get ready to fight.

We've now got three different subjects going on, an Asian fox and motorbike fetish, two guys talking about Norway invasions and then some other people talking about body building... This thread is turning into a free for all fetish infested Norwegian circle jerk.

they will find you. get ready to fight.

Begins throwing 980Ti's at the enemy and huge amounts of VRAM

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

@1.5v you can probably hit 4.8+ ghz 

Current PC: Origin Millennium- i7 5820K @4.0GHz | GTX 980Ti SLI | X99 Deluxe 

Begins throwing 980Ti's at the enemy and huge amounts of VRAM

The 390 which is half the price has 33% more VRAM

@1.5v you can probably hit 4.8+ ghz 

You need to do it in the BIOS there are countless overclocking tutorials on YouTube.

Enter the bios by mashing delete or booting into bios through windows if you have an SSD and windows loads too fast. Then go to the overclocking tab and change the voltage and cpu multiplier.

That thing is an inferno even without overclocking. *Hides from the AMD fanboys

Even fanboys can't disagree with the fact that it's a fucking radiator.

EDIT: I mean a home appliance radiator.

Even fanboys can't disagree with the fact that it's a fucking radiator.

This screwed with my brain since radiators cool loops

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

If you bought a Toyota Prius that had been turbocharged and supercharged up to 700 HP, would you try tweaking it up to 800? :D

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Radiators are also massive heat outputters.

radiator_2708484b.jpg

actually radiators are the things they use on space stations to radiate the heat. The picture is of a heat exchanger ( it still radiates small amounts of heat) 

We've now got three different subjects going on, an Asian fox and motorbike fetish, two guys talking about Norway invasions and then some other people talking about body building... This thread is turning into a free for all fetish infested Norwegian circle jerk.

*throws R9 390Xs with 8GB of VRAM*

*quickly grabs three 390xs and runs away*

Now to build a quad crossfire rig...

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

actually radiators are the things they use on space stations to radiate the heat. The picture is of a heat exchanger ( it still radiates small amounts of heat) 

Colloquially in the UK, they are called radiators.

Yeah, I think we call them that here too, but he's got a point - looks an awful lot like a plate heat exchanger, and basically is functioning as one too

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Yeah, I think we call them that here too, but he's got a point - looks an awful lot like a plate heat exchanger, and basically is functioning as one too

I wasn't attempting to disprove at all.

I wasn't attempting to disprove at all.

didn't say you were :)  I don't think you can prove or disprove what something is called anyway :P

i know, they are called radiators pretty much everywhere. Doesn't mean that it is correct tough. 

i know, they are called radiators pretty much everywhere. Doesn't mean that it is correct tough. 

Well, they're called whatever the majority of people call them, simply be definition :)

Sure, that won't make it something it's not, if for example we called them cars, but it doesn't change what they're called, or make what they are called "wrong"

Well, they're called whatever the majority of people call them, simply be definition smile.png

Sure, that won't make it something it's not, if for example we called them cars, but it doesn't change what they're called, or make what they are called "wrong"

A radiator (as on a space station) is called a radiator because it radiates heat. Why a heat exchanger is called a radiator i do not know.

edit: i didnt mean to start a long discussion, im just bored