FOR GAMERS! 4k 60hz 1ms vs 1440 144hz 1ms

josiphp

I am looking to buy a new monitor for pc and consol gaming. I have 2 options and am not sure what to pick because I have no experience in having a gaming monitor. I was looking around on amazon for some good deals and I found a BenQ XL2730Z 27" 2560X1440 1ms response time 144hz monitor and an ASUS PB287Q 4k UHD 1ms response time monitor. I know there is a huge argument about response time and refresh rate, the higher the better right. I will also be doing some editing on Final Cut and mixing in Logic so it will be used for other things. I have heard that 144hz makes "the world of a difference" and "completely changes the gaming experience" so im stuck on whether I want the higher res or the decent res and the higher response time. I will post links to both monitors below, any help is appreciate, or if you have a monitor in mind thats better than those two in that price range. 

www.amazon.com/dp/B00KJGY3TO

www.amazon.com/dp/B00TUK9D9K

for 4k gaming you need dual 980tis for Fury X, 1440p is much easier to achieve

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

Resfresh rate is more important than response time.

So if you can find a 144Hz 5ms in the res you want, go for it.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Just get the ASUS ROG Swif, you will not be dissapointed

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

Response time "4k 1 ms 60hz" is completely fake.

That's 60hz refresh rate.  That's automatically a 16.7ms of frame response time just from the refresh rate.

Anything advertised as "1 ms" is probably referring to pixel transition time which has nothing to do with the refresh rate.  And even that is fake.

"1ms" response times are grey to grey (one shade of grey to another, and not even a FULL proper cycle of white to black to white (THIS is the true response time)) and that can only be achieved by aggressive overdrive algorithms.

There's also processing lag response time as well (internal electronics).

You do not want a 4k screen for gaming unless you have 3-4 card SLI or tri fire....

Hello, as I own a 4K g-sync monitor acer xb280hk. I can recommend two things:

A 144mhz 1440p monitor if you are gonna play competitive games likes csgo or BTF 4.

B 4K monitor with g-sync because you need a very powerful sli configuration to handle it at high or very high settings most of games. I got a 980 sli and y play at 45-50 at ultra most games.

In my opinion I went for the 4K monitor because I like very high detailed resolutions and I don't play csgo or BTF 4 so often.

Best regards.

I'm using a 4K monitor now. I think for rpg games like GTA5, Fallout4,  4K looks better than 2K and 144hz really not important....And to be honest, if you want to achieve 60fps in 4K ,that's very hard, (at least dual GTX 980 or Dual R9 390X)but does that means in 2K you want to achieve more than 120fps easy? Nooooo....It's not easy and you need really powerful GPU too.  

CPU:Intel Core i7-5930K @4.5GGPU: 2 of MSI R9 390X GAMING 8G Graphics Card crossfire   Mobo:ASUS TUF SABERTOOTH X99    Ram:Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 2666MHz  SSD:2 of Samsung 850 Pro 512GB WatercoolerCorsair Hydro Series H100i GTX  CaseCorsair Graphite Series 780T   PSU: EVGA 1000 P2  80+platinum  Keyboard:Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB black Monitor: LG277MU67 4K IPS FREESYNC