q6600 + gtx 750 ti ?

Epiclol86

so i got a q6600 for almost nothing (20$, had to do it) with a board and ram (4gb ddr2) with it. i have a pretty decent cpu cooler lying around somewhere that isn't used, and i wondered if a gtx 750 ti would be a good investment to go with it. Will the cpu (oc'ed or not) bottleneck a gtx 750 ti?, and would the result be capable of anything okay? i want to use it as a t.v. pc, to watch netflix and stuff, but i though with a card like that i could even play some of my oldish games like far cray 2-3, JC2 or mount and blade...?

R5 3600x | RTX 3070 | 16Gb 3200mhz | Gigabyte B550 gaming x | 500gb 660p SSD + 1tb wd blue HDD |

so i got a q6600 for almost nothing (20$, had to do it) with a board and ram (4gb ddr2) with it. i have a pretty decent cpu cooler lying around somewhere that isn't used, and i wondered if a gtx 750 ti would be a good investment to go with it. Will the cpu (oc'ed or not) bottleneck a gtx 750 ti?, and would the result be capable of anything okay? i want to use it as a t.v. pc, to watch netflix and stuff, but i though with a card like that i could even play some of my oldish games like far cray 2-3, JC2 or mount and blade...?

That CPU was around before i became a techie but since (if im not wrong) it has been used in scrapyard wars with similar in performance cards it should be fine.

My previous computer had a q6600 in it, and I did some research on this topic as well. The q6600 won't bottleneck the 750ti in games that aren't as CPU intensive like GTA 5 for example. The q6600 will however not run CPU intensive games like galactic civilizations 3 or cities: skylines (not decently anyway). 

My Rig:

Model: P650RG | Brand: Clevo | CPU: 6700HQ | GPU: 980M | RAM: 16GB KINGSTON HYPER-X DDR4 | SSD: 2x 480GB Kingston KC300 | Screen: 3K Panasonic IPS LED 

thanks to everyone who replied :D  i think i'll get the 750 ti, its really cheap around here anyways!ü

R5 3600x | RTX 3070 | 16Gb 3200mhz | Gigabyte B550 gaming x | 500gb 660p SSD + 1tb wd blue HDD |

My previous computer had a q6600 in it, and I did some research on this topic as well. The q6600 won't bottleneck the 750ti in games that aren't as CPU intensive like GTA 5 for example. The q6600 will however not run CPU intensive games like galactic civilizations 3 or cities: skylines (not decently anyway). 

You call GTA V not CPU intensive? 

You call GTA V not CPU intensive? 

Maybe not the best example, still it's a game that benefits far more from GPU than CPU.

My Rig:

Model: P650RG | Brand: Clevo | CPU: 6700HQ | GPU: 980M | RAM: 16GB KINGSTON HYPER-X DDR4 | SSD: 2x 480GB Kingston KC300 | Screen: 3K Panasonic IPS LED