Moving the WAN show to a prerecorded setup

MrJakePrince

I don't know how many of you know of Woodysgamertag, if you don't he's a big gaming commentator, anyways his weekly podcast used to be live but they had tons of DDOS issues so moved to a prerecorded show and the quality got better and it's now even more enjoyable, it's called Pain Killer Already btw. Anyways was wondering if they should do the same with the WAN show and make it pre recorded so there are no more tech issues and they could fit it in at a more convenient time for them, and i've been on twitch a number of times watching live and haven't enjoyed it anymore than watching the archive so personally it would be an improvement in my eyes. 

Just a thought, hopefully Linus or Luke etc will see this and take it into consideration.

What do you guys think? :)

Intel i5 3570K | Msi GTX 660 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | AsRock Z77 Extreme 6 | Sharkoon T28 

Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 | Rocaat Pyra | Steelseries 7H | Corsair SP2500

Not a good idea if he wants to keep the live feel to it. I mean, with that you can't exactly do twitter blitz or take live callers in can you? There isn't too many problems with the live show anyway so I feel like prerecording the WAN show wouldn't do much good, possibly even make it worse.

You sure think you know what is best for Linus Media Group.

Fractal Design Define R4 | Intel i7-4770K | Corsair H80i | Corsair SP120 PWM | MSI Z87-GD65 GAMING | 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro | MSI GTX770 GAMING | Samsung 840EVO 120GB | 2x WD Red 2TB | Corsair AX760 | Windows 8 Pro

PKA Was only good if there was beef with Wings because he's an asshole, anyway I think  it would solve issues but they wouldn't get the same feedback and the issues kind of make the show good in a way, having people chat about what they are seeing in real time is a much cooler experience for some people.

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

Tech issues are part of the fun of something being live.

I do see that there would be some benefits but have no personal preference.

If they did change it to this format I would get more sleep and save money. (I tend to buy soft drinks and sweets for it, admittedly I do that anyways but you know.)

CPU: i5 4430 PSU: XFX 550w Ram: 8gb Patriot Viper 1600mhz

Motherboard: MSI H87M-G43 Case: Fractal Design Define R4

SSD: 840 Evo 250gb, 512gb MX100 GPU: MSI GTX 980TI Gaming Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo

I like the new WAN show. I have been watching all of the livestreams since the start back to back recently and the quality is SO much better. I like it being live. If they pre-record it then they have "The Tek" and they would probably do a Q&A which would be "Inbox.exe" They are also patnered with Twitch so I can't and don't want the Wan Show to change.

I don't find Woody entertaining at all. Watched his videos every so often over the last few years and I just find him annoying.

But it removes all the interaction and pretty much the point of a livestream, so no twitter blitz, live callers etc. PKA was a lot cooler when they were doing the live prank calls and calling subs etc, even though they got DDOSed pretty often.

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

You sure think you know what is best for Linus Media Group.

Just in a ranting mood from being pissed off at that new giveaway man so just venting some shit, plus got my exam results today so need to vent somewhere with some decent people :)

Intel i5 3570K | Msi GTX 660 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | AsRock Z77 Extreme 6 | Sharkoon T28 

the wan show is a live stream not a tv show... if u want pre-recorded watch there youtube channel

Character artist in the Games industry.

Great idea!

I have never watched the twitch stream live, because it airs way to late for me. 

Btw, change the name to 'Slick'. Terms & conditions don't allow you to use real names ;-)

Proud to be from Belgium.

Seems interesting, they have discussed moving the WAN show into Podcast format so they might be thinking about it.

But it removes all the interaction and pretty much the point of a livestream, so no twitter blitz, live callers etc. PKA was a lot cooler when they were doing the live prank calls and calling subs etc, even though they got DDOSed pretty often.

The live callers thing happened for like two episodes and so many people just said it was a dumb idea at the time because there were so many issues, internet issues, mic issues etc... not even mentioning razer comms, with twitter though all they have to do is tweet out and ask for questions when they record it, they'd probably get through more that way and be able to sort them better and less people would moan about them not answering their question.

NOOOOOOOOOOO

We won't get to watch the funny twitch comments then.

Technical difficulties is what we're all about. 

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

No offense but this is a bad idea since a large part of the wan show is it being our chance to get to communicate with linus and slick directly also if you don't like watching it live just watch the archives its a win win for everyone that way, on a side note woody and wings are the biggest bleeps on youtube, they are both money whores and both complain about money all the time especially wings 

| 3570k @ 4.4.ghz | Hyper 212 evo | 8GB (2x4GB) 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte Z77X UD3H | Corsair CX750M | Corsair 300R | OCZ 240GB SSD | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD | Asus DCUII 7950 @1150mhz core 1600mhz mem

| BenQ XL2411T | Corsair Vengeance K60 | Logitech G700 | steelseries Qck+ | Fiio E10 | Zalman clip on mic | HD 598 | ATH-M50 |

the twich comments are the funniest things in the chat and also the twitter blitz.

Btw, change the name to 'Slick'. Terms & conditions don't allow you to use real names ;-)

Slick's name isn't really a secret anymore, it was all over the computex vids

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

NOOOOOOOOOOO

We won't get to watch the funny twitch comments then.

Technical difficulties is what we're all about. 

It isn't the WAN show without technical difficulties 

| 3570k @ 4.4.ghz | Hyper 212 evo | 8GB (2x4GB) 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte Z77X UD3H | Corsair CX750M | Corsair 300R | OCZ 240GB SSD | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD | Asus DCUII 7950 @1150mhz core 1600mhz mem

| BenQ XL2411T | Corsair Vengeance K60 | Logitech G700 | steelseries Qck+ | Fiio E10 | Zalman clip on mic | HD 598 | ATH-M50 |

We want MOAR technical difficulties!!

It isn't the WAN show without technical difficulties 

They would have to do a weekly technical difficulties episode for all of us if they pre-recorded the Wan Show. :P

We want MOAR technical difficulties!!

They would have to do a weekly technical difficulties episode for all of us if they pre-recorded the Wan Show. :P

I need my weekly fill of technical difficulties 

Then WAN show is way to 'interactive' to prerecord it, it would lose a lot of entertainment without twitter/twitch chat etc imho

I think its a great idea, they can still have special guests call in and record the calls, and i never catch it live anyway, (i did once, it was awful by the way, i still prefer watching it on YouTube )  i don't see why not.

About the twitter blitz that everyone keeps pointing out, why not have Linus tweet questions/discussion topics during the recording and get answers, that way it can be pre recorded and still have a twitter blitz ; o

Keep it live in my opinion. People who prefer pre-recorded/edited just watch the YouTube archive the following morning/day.

I think that all the tech problems that they have are part of the fun of watching it live. And pre-recording it will get rid of all the interactions with their audience like the Twitter blitz. 

Also, if you can't watch it because of the tech issues or because of the time, then you can just watch the archive. 

I like having it be live, makes it more fun. The videos are for prerecorded stuff!

Desk: monitors 3x Asus VE248h(eyefinity), Keyboard Cm Strom Trigger(mx red), Mouse Corsair m65, Headset Audio Technica ATH-M50

Black Friday 2013 Build: i7 4770k, Gigabyte Z87X UD5H, 16gb Corsair, Msi R9 290, Corsair Axi 760, Corsair 750D, 2x intel 530 240gb ssd, 2x Seagate 400gb

Older Machine amd x640, msi 760g mobo, 8gb gskillz, Sapphire 6870, Corsair hx650, Cooler master haf 922, ocz agility 3 120gb ssd || HTPC: i7 3770k, shuttle xpc z77, 16gb gskillz, Asus GTX 650 ti, intel 120gb msata ssd

Their are pluses and minuses to this idea. First lets start with the pluses.

One of the pluses to this would be more stability and less tech problems behind the scenes. They also do not have people always saying "Audio's bad, stream lag", and also the troll that come around once in a blew moon in the chat. Linus can also do this recording at a better time for both Him, Slick, and their guest.

Now the minuses. First one being that their will be no more live Q&A, no more guests talking with chat, and also no more telling linus their is a problem.it will come out a day late and also may not come out at all. You never know when youtube might be a ass to you on uploads.

The only comment I have on this is don't call him Luke, call him slick, come on man, you don't know him.

Ryzen 5 1500x, Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4, GA-AB350N, 16GB 1600Mhz, EVGA GTX 970, 250GB Samsung 960 Evo, 120GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1TB WD Green & 2TB Seagate Barracuda. 650w OCZ ZX & Cooler Master Elite 130. Acer CB241HQK 4K, LG IPS234V-PN 1080p, Ducky Zero Shine All Blue/Anne Pro Brown/SteelSeries Apex Pro & Razer Naga 2014