What is safest way to carry a computer?

JohnnyIsHere

Heyy so i am like trying to pick parts for my 1st pc build. http://nz.pcpartpicker.com/p/tMPdLk .

And each week i swap between my parents house's.. which means as i am currently taking my laptop from house to house..once i build my pc i will need to take my computer from house to house..

So when i swap houses i'm not driving so would it be safe.. once i have built it... to just put it back inside the box which came with the case and hold it in the back seat or something???

Like are there specific bags... or will this be cool? so i can just take it out of the box and hook it up to the wall once at the other parent house...

Yeah so if u know if this is allg pls leave a comment :D as i am allready like spending $300 more than i want to spend on my pc

:l

Thanks Johnny

if you're constantly on the move a gaming laptop is a LOT more practical - lugging around a PC has quite a few hazards to the components - GPUs hanging from PCIe slots while being transported, heatsinks applying pressure to the board in odd ways, bumps in the rode can cause a lot of issues as well.

My advice - if you need more power, get a good gaming laptop.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

It would probably be best to put it back in the padded box the case came in. I'd recommend taking out the GPU from the computer and putting it back in it's antistatic bag too as there's really not a lot supporting it. Strap the case in with the seatbelt or put it on the floor/back seat so it doesn't slide around :)

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Put it in the packaging your case came in while supporting heavy components, like the video card, with packing foam/peanuts/etc.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

if you're constantly on the move a gaming laptop is a LOT more practical - lugging around a PC has quite a few hazards to the components - GPUs hanging from PCIe slots while being transported, heatsinks applying pressure to the board in odd ways, bumps in the rode can cause a lot of issues as well.

My advice - if you need more power, get a good gaming laptop.

Mhmm i have a acer laptop currently tho only i3 :l but it is so bad and everyone says Pc will be 10x better than a laptop... Do u know any cheap gaming laptops? cause all the ones i see are expensivee

Mhmm i have a acer laptop currently tho only i3 :l but it is so bad and everyone says Pc will be 10x better than a laptop... Do u know any cheap gaming laptops? cause all the ones i see are expensivee

Acer are crap - REAL crap

Lenovo Y50 with the 1080p non-touch display can be had for 800$ and will likely be several times better - I'm personally very happy with mine - more so than my main rig actually.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

It would probably be best to put it back in the padded box the case came in. I'd recommend taking out the GPU from the computer and putting it back in it's antistatic bag too as there's really not a lot supporting it. Strap the case in with the seatbelt or put it on the floor/back seat so it doesn't slide around :)

Ahkk i have no idea where the parts go in a computer yet.. so if i take out the gpu will everything else be intact and no damage to it? 

And this anti static thing i don't get it...like when i build/ DE-assemble i wear a anti static strap?? and it cuts off static?? like is it 100% protecting my stuff...

can i not touch a pc part and the ground :o 

Heyy so i am like trying to pick parts for my 1st pc build. http://nz.pcpartpicker.com/p/tMPdLk .

And each week i swap between my parents house's.. which means as i am currently taking my laptop from house to house..once i build my pc i will need to take my computer from house to house..

So when i swap houses i'm not driving so would it be safe.. once i have built it... to just put it back inside the box which came with the case and hold it in the back seat or something???

Like are there specific bags... or will this be cool? so i can just take it out of the box and hook it up to the wall once at the other parent house...

Yeah so if u know if this is allg pls leave a comment :D as i am allready like spending $300 more than i want to spend on my pc

:l

Thanks Johnny

If you haven't bought the parts yet, then you should consider buying a gaming laptop. They're way more transportable and you can get good gaming laptops nowadays.

MSI: http://www.amazon.com/GT72-Dominator-17-3-inch-i7-6820HK-Computer/dp/B00YEYH8WG/ref=sr_1_17?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1448007168&sr=1-17&keywords=gaming+notebooks&refinements=p_n_feature_four_browse-bin%3A2289792011%2Cp_36%3A2421891011

http://www.amazon.com/GE62-15-6-inch-Skylake-i7-6700HQ-Computer/dp/B0161XQBU2/ref=sr_1_24?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1448007168&sr=1-24&keywords=gaming+notebooks&refinements=p_n_feature_four_browse-bin%3A2289792011%2Cp_36%3A2421891011

Put it in the packaging your case came in while supporting heavy components, like the video card, with packing foam/peanuts/etc.

Peanuts? :P In a computer? :o dp u mean i should like put tons of foam inside the pc or outside pc but inside packaging.

why not get something like the corsair 380t from corsair get a pack of foam that expands the really expensive ones and just put it in the finished build and let it expand and whenever youre travelling put it back so the pieces dont move the gpu included. 

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

Acer are crap - REAL crap

Lenovo Y50 with the 1080p non-touch display can be had for 800$ and will likely be several times better - I'm personally very happy with mine - more so than my main rig actually.

How big is the screen? Like my hinges on my laptop broke off so i have been using a 1600 x 900 monitor and a 1440 x 900 monitor.. Should i use that or the laptop screen

Yeah i don't want to spend that much moneyyy though :l Like i am trying to keep it under 1,500 nzd which is like 1,000 usd

How big is the screen? Like my hinges on my laptop broke off so i have been using a 1600 x 900 monitor and a 1440 x 900 monitor.. Should i use that or the laptop screen

15.6 on the Y50 and 15.6 or 17 on the Y700

The hinges on the non-touch models are good - I repeat what I said before - Acer are crap. utter crap

Peanuts? :P In a computer? :o dp u mean i should like put tons of foam inside the pc or outside pc but inside packaging.

Packing peanuts: packing_peanuts_ta_49668.jpg

Foam should be surrounding the inside and outside of your PC. I recommend putting packing peanuts in your case and then package the case with components inside the package your case came in. 

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

why not get something like the corsair 380t from corsair get a pack of foam that expands the really expensive ones and just put it in the finished build and let it expand and whenever youre travelling put it back so the pieces dont move the gpu included. 

Thats like $100 more than my current case :l and im trying to cut down on money off that build :( Do i put the foam in when i travel and take it out once i play?

Thats like $100 more than my current case :l and im trying to cut down on money off that build :( Do i put the foam in when i travel and take it out once i play?

yep you dont have to swap cases just get the foam let it expand once and it will stay that shape. Then put it back once youre travelling and take it out when you play

Packing peanuts: packing_peanuts_ta_49668.jpg

Foam should be surrounding the inside and outside of your PC. I recommend putting packing peanuts in your case and then package the case with components inside the package your case came in. 

Oh :P that makes sense...ah kkk cool! Any idea how much they cost? and can i keep my pc as it is and just add in the packing peanuts or do i HAVE too take some parts out and put it in there original boxes

Oh :P that makes sense...ah kkk cool! Any idea how much they cost? and can i keep my pc as it is and just add in the packing peanuts or do i HAVE too take some parts out and put it in there original boxes

It would be better to put the GPU in an anti-static bag by itself, but if it's more convenient, you can just pack it to the brim with packing peanuts: http://www.officedepot.com/a/browse/peanuts/N=5+530215/

You HAVE to take out the GPU and you HAVE to take out a bigger CPU cooler as well as drive slowly to avoid damage from bumps in the road - PCs aren't made to be hauled around - that's why Laptops exist

You HAVE to take out the GPU and you HAVE to take out a bigger CPU cooler as well as drive slowly to avoid damage from bumps in the road - PCs aren't made to be hauled around - that's why Laptops exist

why not just do what I said so it supports both the cooler and gpu

yep you dont have to swap cases just get the foam let it expand once and it will stay that shape. Then put it back once youre travelling and take it out when you play

Ah kk sweeet! : D Is this like a 100% past work right on keeping stuff safe?? like i don't wanna take 50/50 chances each week ya know :o

Will the peanuts alone + in a seat belt be enough to keep everything safe?

Would i smaller case help much

Ah kk sweeet! : D Is this like a 100% past work right on keeping stuff safe?? like i don't wanna take 50/50 chances each week ya know :o

Will the peanuts alone + in a seat belt be enough to keep everything safe?

Would i smaller case help much

a smaller case would help. just maybe use the expanding foam to support the gpu and cpu cooler. make sure it expands well use two if you have to. the only way it will be safe is to take out the gpu and cooler each week for a 100% way.

Ahkk i have no idea where the parts go in a computer yet.. so if i take out the gpu will everything else be intact and no damage to it? 

And this anti static thing i don't get it...like when i build/ DE-assemble i wear a anti static strap?? and it cuts off static?? like is it 100% protecting my stuff...

can i not touch a pc part and the ground :o

the other parts should be safe. What I meant with the antistatic bag is when your buy the GPU it will come in a greenish bag, that's an antistatic bag, put the GPU back in that bag to keep it safe :D

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

It would be better to put the GPU in an anti-static bag by itself, but if it's more convenient, you can just pack it to the brim with packing peanuts: http://www.officedepot.com/a/browse/peanuts/N=5+530215/

Is it a pain in the but to re adjust the GPU? Or is it like a 20 second thing...How would i go by doing that? like how do i take it out and put it in while keeping it at the right static or something

a smaller case would help. just maybe use the expanding foam to support the gpu and cpu cooler. make sure it expands well use two if you have to. the only way it will be safe is to take out the gpu and cooler each week for a 100% way.

I don't have a cooler in my build so is that allgood?