Upgrade from my 34UM95

Sean W.

hey guys,

I love my 34UM95 Monitor, but Fallout 4 is being stupid and wont let me run the game in 21:9 3440x1440. I tried to fix the .ini file and it still wont work and I just dont want to deal with it anymore. 21:9 is amazing, but its just not game friendly. 

So I was chewing on the idea of getting a 4k monitor. I really haven't kept up on all the new monitors lately. I wasn't planning on upgrading from my monitor few years! So I was hoping you monitor gurus could recommend a monitor!

I have a 4770K and SLI 980s so not really worried about being able to push all the pixels.

A few things i'd like the monitor to have:

-16:9 3840x2160 resolution

- LED IPS

- Matte screen

-60hz+. there is new Nvidia tech that lets you go up to 144hz? Gsync/Vsync-Extreme-Pro-Edition something something?

- I'm leaning towards a 32" model

- I'm thinking I can sell my 34UM95 for about $600, so thats kinda my budget +/- $200ish

So yea... What monitor do you think will fit my needs? I really want to play Fallout 4...

Ill trade you for my 3xAOC i2267fw 22-Inch monitors

youll trade me your $300 worth of monitors for my MSRP $1,000 monitor huh. how generous of you   :rolleyes:

Uhh not sure if you can "upgrade" them. 21:9 1440p to 4k is basically a downgrade for many reasons. And 21:9 monitors have premium price atm.

Why not play borderless at 16:9 if Fallout 4 sucks at scaling ?

Also have you tried this?

Thats a link for a $708 34UM95... uhm, thank you?

People will spend 100 less for a used monitor? good luck.... I'm not sure why they would buy that for 600 used when they can get it for 700 new with all the warranty ect. 

I have a 2019 macbook pro with 64gb of ram and my gaming pc has been in the closet since 2018

People will spend 100 less for a used monitor? good luck.... I'm not sure why they would buy that for 600 used when they can get it for 700 new with all the warranty ect. 

It could be argued that a used monitor is better. its already been tested and confirmed to be working 100% with no bleeding/dead pixels. 

It could be argued that a used monitor is better. its already been tested and confirmed to be working 100% with no bleeding/dead pixels. 

lmao

I'll sell you my used apple monitor for 1200 bucks then. 

I have a 2019 macbook pro with 64gb of ram and my gaming pc has been in the closet since 2018

I'll sell you my used apple monitor for 1200 bucks then. 

A used monitor doent increase its value. But it also doesn't turn its value into complete shit either. "oh, its a used $1000 monitor, its only worth $80 now ".

This forum is shit. So far there's only been one helpful post in this thread

Buy a crossover or wasabi mango or umh or microboard korean 4k panel in 39 40 or 43" 

Ebay etc etc