WD blue not detected even though it's detected in bios!

TheDj408

So yeah this is the issue and if I attach the hard drive then it takes forever to start the pc as system is installed on SSD!

So yeah this is the issue and if I attach the hard drive then it takes forever to start the pc as system is installed on SSD!

You must go into Disk management and add it.

You must go into Disk management and add it.

PC doesn't boot up if I attach the hard drive Nd if I attach it after syst boots with SSD then it is not getting recognized!

PC doesn't boot up if I attach the hard drive Nd if I attach it after syst boots with SSD then it is not getting recognized!

Please use proper grammar so I can understand you, Insert your HDD AND SSD, then go into your bios(F12 usually check manual) and set SSD as boot, then go into disk management and add your WD.

Please use proper grammar so I can understand you, Insert your HDD AND SSD, then go into your bios(F12 usually check manual) and set SSD as boot, then go into disk management and add your WD.

Tried that! Boot is set to SSD!should I try something else?

Tried that! Boot is set to SSD!should I try something else?

Sys boot, then put in your HDD and go do my previous post.

try to boot with a ubuntu or linux live boot CD then format the disk and happy storage.

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

try to boot with a ubuntu or linux live boot CD then format the disk and happy storage.

Sys boot, then put in your HDD and go do my previous post.

System boot is set to SSD, even tried selecting manually!

I tried that yesterday! In Ubuntu it gets detected but does not mount so cant access ant data on the HDD!

I've SSD in which system is installed! If I try to boot into windows when HDD is plugged in, it never boots up!

Where as while its booting, if I remove the data connection of HDD then it boots up in 2-3 secs!

Dont know whats the problem here! 

I tried formatting in Ubuntu already still not detected!

I tried that yesterday! In Ubuntu it gets detected but does not mount so cant access ant data on the HDD!

I've SSD in which system is installed! If I try to boot into windows when HDD is plugged in, it never boots up!

Where as while its booting, if I remove the data connection of HDD then it boots up in 2-3 secs!

do it in safe mode

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

you can mount in in fstab via terminal then format in NTFS then mount again via stab then boot windows if it sees the disk.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Fstab Guide

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

Have you considered you might have a faulty hdd?

Actually its 6 months old & was working fine! But if nothing works I'll get it replaced!

Have you tried it in another PC? It really sounds like your HDD is dead.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

same here

Have you considered you might have a faulty hdd?

you can mount in in fstab via terminal then format in NTFS then mount again via stab then boot windows if it sees the disk.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Fstab Guide

Tried everything and after many things it worked but never worked with Windows and Ubuntu! It had near to 800 bad sectors! So finally I did RMA & may get replacement! Any reason for the bad sectors ?

I had really important data on it :(

Can I use two different brands for RAID 1? [both 1 TB]

Tried everything and after many things it worked but never worked with Windows and Ubuntu! It had near to 800 bad sectors! So finally I did RMA & may get replacement! Any reason for the bad sectors ?

I had really important data on it :(

Can I use two different brands for RAID 1? [both 1 TB]

Bad sectors are mostly made by wrong write files. Then the sector will get jammed and not be able to read that again. Maybe formating it in 0 sectors again will work again but this is not always like it will work mostly that sector is gone forever. And for you're question yed you can place 2 different kind of hdd's in raid 0 but it is recomended that you use 2 same of a kind hdd for better performance.

Bad sectors are mostly made by wrong write files. Then the sector will get jammed and not be able to read that again. Maybe formating it in 0 sectors again will work again but this is not always like it will work mostly that sector is gone forever. And for you're question yed you can place 2 different kind of hdd's in raid 0 but it is recomended that you use 2 same of a kind hdd for better performance.

Thanks for the answer! I need better reliability not performnce? So RAID 1 ?