Intel i7-5960X CPU

CoolerMaster Master Pro 5 Case

EVGA GeForce GTX TITAN X SC (x2) or 1 titan X and 1 NVIDIA Quadro M6000 GPU

Asus X99-E WS/USB 3.1 Motherboard

G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 DDR4 4x8GB RAM

Intel 750 Series 1.2TB PCIe SSD

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA3 SSD

Corsair AX1500i Digital ATX PSU

Note - I will sort cooling out later.  If anyone has any ideas to cool this beast then let me know please.

cant you afford more ram you need at least 64gb of it

im kidding dont kill me

get a 980ti and you dont need 1500 watts of power get like 750 watts

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

CPU Intel i7-5960X     Case CoolerMaster Master Pro 5 GPU EVGA GeForce GTX TITAN X SC GPU Cooler   Motherboard Asus X99-E WS/USB 3.1 RAM G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 DDR4 4x8GB SSD (PCIe) Intel 750 Series 1.2TB PCIe SSD SSD (SATA3) Samsung 850 Pro 1TB PSU Corsair AX1500i Digital ATX Case Fans

Cryorig QF120

Note - I will sort cooling out later.  If anyone has any ideas to cool this beast then let me know please.

Look at my build in my signature

i'm really curious.. which one performs better? 1st?

Holy Linus, those are 2 epic builds

The Beast: CPU: i7 4790K GPU: EVGA 1080 SC Cooling: Dual NZXT Kraken x61 RAM: HyperX Fury 1866MHz Storage: SSD: 500GB Samsung EVO 840 + HDD: 1TB WD MOBO: Asus Z97 - a PSU: RM850x Case: H440 green-black Setup: Link PCPP: Link Evolution: Link 

Gear: PS4 with custom skin // Astro A50 Xbox edition to fit colour scheme // Oppo PM-3 Planar Magnetic Closed Back Headphones // OnePlus One 64GB sandstone

Other stuffs: Acer aspire 128GB SSD 10GB RAM // MacBook Pro 13" 500GB SSD 16GB RAM // A 2009 iMac 21"

over kill much?

Yes it's overkill, but for OP it might be what he/she wants. Seriously. Its his/her money, he can do what he/she wants. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

over kill much?

$1000 CPU

$550 MOBO

$370 RAM

what do you plan on using this for? because unless your trying to hack into NORAD, your really just wasting your moneys 

No Excuses, Play Like A Champion!!!  

Holy Linus, those are 2 epic builds

Thanks.  It's meant to be a workstation for rendering 3d objects in Maya and stuff like that.

Yes it's overkill, but for OP it might be what he/she wants. Seriously. Its his/her money, he can do what he/she wants. 

no i get it, im totally down for over kill... but that OP asked "how does this sound" so im just making sure he knows...

It would cost about $10,000 - $18,000 AU depending on if I got the Quadro M6000 ($7600) or the Titan X ($1100).

Thanks.  It's meant to be a workstation for rendering 3d objects in Maya and stuff like that.

You can deffo use that CPU for 3D rendering yea.

TIPS:

- Maybe wait for the 6950X ? That's a 10 core extreme edition that'll come out soon. Might be worth looking into it/waiting for

- Get a 980ti instead of a titan X

The Beast: CPU: i7 4790K GPU: EVGA 1080 SC Cooling: Dual NZXT Kraken x61 RAM: HyperX Fury 1866MHz Storage: SSD: 500GB Samsung EVO 840 + HDD: 1TB WD MOBO: Asus Z97 - a PSU: RM850x Case: H440 green-black Setup: Link PCPP: Link Evolution: Link 

Gear: PS4 with custom skin // Astro A50 Xbox edition to fit colour scheme // Oppo PM-3 Planar Magnetic Closed Back Headphones // OnePlus One 64GB sandstone

Other stuffs: Acer aspire 128GB SSD 10GB RAM // MacBook Pro 13" 500GB SSD 16GB RAM // A 2009 iMac 21"

and as for as cooling goes, if your spending 10k - 18k on it anyways, another $500ish for a custom water loop would help you get the most out of your components  

and as for as cooling goes, if your spending 10k - 18k on it anyways, another $500ish for a custom water loop would help you get the most out of your components  

That's what I want to do but I don't know what pump and that, that I should go with.  I'm also thinking of using the Corsair 900D case instead and probably a 1000-1200 watt PSU.

and a Xeon with ECC Ram wouldnt be a bad way to go either

That's what I want to do but I don't know what pump and that, that I should go with.  I'm also thinking of using the Corsair 900D case instead and probably a 1000-1200 watt PSU.

Swiftech MCP655 Variable Speed

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/16737/ex-pmp-203/Swiftech_MCP655_Variable_Speed_12v_Water_Pump_w_G14_Thread_Ports_Perfectly_Tapped.html?tl=g30c107s153

you might even want two running is series so if one fails the other will keep on running... the last thing you would want is to fry a $1000 CPU because a $100 pump failed... 

Swiftech MCP655 Variable Speed

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/16737/ex-pmp-203/Swiftech_MCP655_Variable_Speed_12v_Water_Pump_w_G14_Thread_Ports_Perfectly_Tapped.html?tl=g30c107s153

you might even want two running is series so if one fails the other will keep on running... the last thing you would want is to fry a $1000 CPU because a $100 pump failed... 

and then just slap as many rads on your case that will fit

I will however wait for the 6 gen i7 extreme edition CPU to be released before I build this PC.