Side swiped by a druggie

TheMechEngineer

Gather 'round everyone, it's story time.

So I'm driving into the local shopping centre carpark and and this crazed teenaged bitch as high as a kite comes tearing around the corner from the left in front of me without looking.

Literally she's going like 60kmh (40mph) and her eyes are so wide you can see the whites of her eyes, and she was swearing out loud.

Bitch cuts right in front of me at the limit of adhesion (I had right-of-way, mind you), swings around my nose barely missing me, and has so much lock on that she swings around too much and scrapes the side of her car along the right rear of mine, while I'm laying on the horn.

And drives off without even thinking to stop.

Luckily I'm a friggin' ninja and got her number plate, but it felt like someone had kicked me in the teeth when I saw the massive paint scrape mark along the right-rear corner.

After I finally get home and finish dealing with insurance/police calls, I search her number plate on the government website.

Come to find out that her number plate is illegal, because a different car is linked to that set of licence plates (and I definitely got the right number plate details).

My car has never even had a single scrape over it's whole lifetime (8 years), so I'm real pissed off that the first battle scar is from a drugged-up, lower socio-economic teenage bitch who most likely doesn't have a legal licence, any rego or insurance.

EDIT: Wrong section, this can be moved. Great day huh!

Well that's messed up.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Gather 'round everyone, it's story time.

So I'm driving into the local shopping centre carpark and and this crazed teenaged bitch as high as a kite comes tearing around the corner from the left in front of me without looking.

Literally she's going like 60kmh (40mph) and her eyes are so wide you can see the whites of her eyes, and she was swearing out loud.

Bitch cuts right in front of me at the limit of adhesion (I had right-of-way, mind you), swings around my nose barely missing me, and has so much lock on that she swings around too much and scrapes the side of her car along the right rear of mine, while I'm laying on the horn.

And drives off without even thinking to stop.

Luckily I'm a friggin' ninja and got her number plate, but it felt like someone had kicked me in the teeth when I saw the massive paint scrape mark along the right-rear corner.

After I finally get home and finish dealing with insurance/police calls, I search her number plate on the government website.

Come to find out that her number plate is illegal, because a different car is linked to that set of licence plates (and I definitely got the right number plate details).

My car has never even had a single scrape over it's whole lifetime (8 years), so I'm real pissed off that the first battle scar is from a drugged-up, lower socio-economic teenage bitch who most likely doesn't have a legal licence, any rego or insurance.

EDIT: Wrong section, this can be moved. Great day huh!

I mean I can't blame you for jumping to conclusions so quickly as I'd be uncontrollably angry but how do you know she was a druggy? Or a teenager for that matter? What if she had just gotten mugged or had a stalker show up at her work and she was terrified and sped away and accidentally hit you?

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

I mean I can't blame you for jumping to conclusions so quickly as I'd be uncontrollably angry but how do you know she was a druggy? Or a teenager for that matter? What if she had just gotten mugged or had a stalker show up at her work and she was terrified and sped away and accidentally hit you?

I'm sure, I thought about that, but you could tell she thought she was invincible (from being high on something).

Normal people would stop or even slow down, but she was a flying around and tried threading the needle....with little success.

Are you sure you have driven for 8 years?

Okay okay, so there's a few hundred million exceptions to that rule....

Moved to Off Topic.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Condolences...to you and your car, thats so screwed up man....

TISPOL-calls-for-fast-action-on-drug-dri

Never gunna end well....

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

You should take up writing stories for a living, children's stories.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Report to popo and proceed to sue the offender's ass to hell and beyond...

(however if that was me, I might have given chase and proceed to use PIT maneuvering against the offender...)