Hello from a Newbie

PolosElite23

Hello, I'm PolosElite23 (Feel free to shorten to Polos or Pez if you would like).

I am a college student working in an IT Department (They let me make Ethernet cords last night! I messed half of them up though...but it was fun!) and have been interested and playing with computers for pretty much my whole life.

I've started to take an actual interest in learning the nitty-gritty tech stuff for both my job and out of personal curiosity, and have kind of latched onto LinusTechTips for lots of information. TechQuickie and Linus' videos on computers basically fill my YT history at the moment.  :)

As such, I figured I might as well get involved in the community here to see if I can learn some more, get advice, and make some new forum friends.

So....yeah. Hi.

Spoiler

[CPU] Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core        [Motherboard] MSI B150 Gaming M3
[RAM] 8GB Kingston Black (1x8GB) DDR4-2133         [GPU] Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB GDDR5
[Case] Fractal Design Define R4    [PSU] Corsair CX600M
[Storage] Kingston HyperX Fury 240GB, WD Caviar Blue 1TB   [OS] Windows 10

Hello, I'm PolosElite23 (Feel free to shorten to Polos or Pez if you would like).

I am a college student working in an IT Department (They let me make Ethernet cords last night! I messed half of them up though...but it was fun!) and have been interested and playing with computers for pretty much my whole life.

I've started to take an actual interest in learning the nitty-gritty tech stuff for both my job and out of personal curiosity, and have kind of latched onto LinusTechTips for lots of information. TechQuickie and Linus' videos on computers basically fill my YT history at the moment.  :)

As such, I figured I might as well get involved in the community here to see if I can learn some more, get advice, and make some new forum friends.

So....yeah. Hi.

Welcome!  Don't let the trolls get to you and you'll be fine here :D We have a pretty knowledgeable community here, so any help you need we can do what we can to educate/help/troll :D

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

So....yeah. Hi.

welcome :D

lesson one: follow your topics

lesson two: read the coc (http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/95599-linus-tech-tips-forum-code-of-conduct/)

have fun :D

Hello. Thank you for putting this in the right subforum c: And please remember to follow your own threads when making topics elsewhere.

No problem! Thank you for the welcome! And I'll be sure to follow them, didn't notice it doesn't follow by default like I usually have it set.

And please quote the people you're replying to (unless it's the OP).

Welcome to the forums, have fun!

I'll be sure to quote!

Thanks for the welcome!

Welcome!  Don't let the trolls get to you and you'll be fine here :D We have a pretty knowledgeable community here, so any help you need we can do what we can to educate/help/troll :D

I tend to shrug off trolls well. Thanks for the welcome and I'll be sure to ask.

welcome :D

lesson one: follow your topics

lesson two: read the coc (http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/95599-linus-tech-tips-forum-code-of-conduct/)

have fun :D

Follow topics! Got it!

Read the CoC last night. Thanks for the reminder though.

Spoiler

[CPU] Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core        [Motherboard] MSI B150 Gaming M3
[RAM] 8GB Kingston Black (1x8GB) DDR4-2133         [GPU] Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB GDDR5

Welcome aboard.

If you want to continue practice in the (super cool) art of making RJ45 cables, buy one of these bad boys.

█ 

hey, have a pic of Vlad :)
247264_10150200205728766_2378040_n.jpg?o

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

So....yeah. Hi.

Hello Brother welcome to the Creed. :D 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

Never ever work on a computer while on a carpet with socks on, even if you touch the PSU every twenty seconds.

Haha! Good advice! Thanks!

Welcome aboard.

If you want to continue practice in the (super cool) art of making RJ45 cables, buy one of these bad boys.

Thanks for the welcome! I was using one of those last night. It was a bit crappier though :P

Why did i think of an AA meeting like thing when i read this... HI!

I don't know? Well...I read it again and I can see why lol

Thanks for the welcome!

Spoiler

hey, have a pic of Vlad :)

Thanks! :)

Hello Brother welcome to the Creed. :D

Thank you! :D

Spoiler

Welcome to the forum! As everyone else said above, always follow your topics and read the CoC(at the bottom of the page)! Enjoy your stay :)

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.6 GHz

Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus VII Hero

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32 GB @ 1903 MHz

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan X @ 1100 / 7030 MHz
Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D with the Ghetto LED 5000 lighting kit
Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO
PSU: Corsair AX1200i
Display: Dell P2415Q
Cooling: Corsair H100i
Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB (Cherry MX Reds)
Mouse: Sharkk MMO Pro

Spoiler
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550
Gigabyte GA-G41MT-S2PT
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev 2
G.Skill Value 8 GB (1333 MHz)
Cooler Master N200
Seagate Barracuda 1 TB
Insignia 300W
Windows 7 Enterprise

Spoiler
Intel Core i3 3240
Asus P8Z77-V LX
4790K stock cooler with Cooler Master HTK-002 thermal paste
Corsair XMS3 4 GB (1333 MHz)
Cooler Master HAF 912
Seagate Barracuda 1 TB
Thermaltake TR2 430W
Windows 10 Pro

Welcome to the forum! As everyone else said above, always follow your topics and read the CoC(at the bottom of the page)! Enjoy your stay :)

Thanks for the welcome! 

Spoiler

Oh, a newcomer.. Welcome! 

Oh, a newcomer.. Welcome! 

Thank you!

Spoiler