giving up on HTC phones

qwertywarrior

hi guys

ive been an android user since the galaxy s2  (gingerbread era)

and almost every phone had the same button lay out

back button - home button  - settings or app button (i could modify it doesn't matter)

the idea is that the home button is in the middle

since the HTC ONE for some odd reason HTC decided to put the home button of the the right and keep the middle empty

it is extremely frustrating

muscle memory wont allow me to change

they are one of the only companies that are making mid to high end 4.3 inch phones   every one else is making   4.6+ inch phones which is just impossible for me to use one handed

what other companies are making great 4.3- ~4.4 inch phones

i cant seem to find any  the ones i found were cheap :/

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Samsung Galaxy S4 has the button layout of Menu-Home-Back <- Screen does not fit your requirement

LG Oprimus G2 has the button layout of Back-Home-Menu (I think) <- Screen does not fit your requirement

Nexus 4 has the button layout of Back-Home-App <- Screen does not fit your requirement

Maybe look into increasing your max screen size requirement?

I don't know how small your hands are but my hands are considered small and I can use the S4 1 handed for most things except typing where it is much easier to use two fingers to type.

PC: The Oracle
Phone History: Nokia 3310, Samsung Z500, HTC Touch, iPhone 3GS + Samsung S5600 Preston, iPhone 3GS + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S2 + Samsung Galaxy Tab + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S3 + Blackberry Torch 9800, Samsung Galaxy Note 2 + Blackberry Bold 9900 + Blackberry Playbook, Samsung Galaxy Note 2  + Nokia Lumia 920, Galaxy S4 +Nokia Lumia 920, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy S5

Have you seen an s4 its screen is 5 inches but the phone itself is smaller than an s3 which has a 4.7 inch screen I think, when I held the s4 it felt tiny then again I do have a note 2 :p

| 3570k @ 4.4.ghz | Hyper 212 evo | 8GB (2x4GB) 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte Z77X UD3H | Corsair CX750M | Corsair 300R | OCZ 240GB SSD | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD | Asus DCUII 7950 @1150mhz core 1600mhz mem

| BenQ XL2411T | Corsair Vengeance K60 | Logitech G700 | steelseries Qck+ | Fiio E10 | Zalman clip on mic | HD 598 | ATH-M50 |

Samsung Galaxy S4 has the button layout of Menu-Home-Back <- Screen does not fit your requirement

LG Oprimus G2 has the button layout of Back-Home-Menu (I think) <- Screen does not fit your requirement

Nexus 4 has the button layout of Back-Home-App <- Screen does not fit your requirement

Maybe look into increasing your max screen size requirement?

I don't know how small your hands are but my hands are considered small and I can use the S4 1 handed for most things except typing where it is much easier to use two fingers to type.

i dont mind on screen buttons like the nexus 4

ive used a nexus 4 and i like it because of its 15:9 aspect ratio same as the galaxy s2

but its battery life is low and heats up in my hand  (ill see what the new nexus is like)

i tried an s4 two days ago i thought it was a note because for me it was insanely big i kinda laughed of big of a phone it is

but i checked an it does say i9500 in the system settings sooo ,,,

i currently use a HTC ONE S and because of its ceramic manufacturing problem its being chipped of quite easily so im looking for something new

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Slap your hand and yell at it to change, and use the HTC One

ahahhahahahaha xD

i dont mind on screen buttons like the nexus 4

ive used a nexus 4 and i like it because of its 15:9 aspect ratio same as the galaxy s2

but its battery life is low and heats up in my hand  (ill see what the new nexus is like)

i tried an s4 two days ago i thought it was a note because for me it was insanely big i kinda laughed of big of a phone it is

but i checked an it does say i9500 in the system settings sooo ,,,

i currently use a HTC ONE S and because of its ceramic manufacturing problem its being chipped of quite easily so im looking for something new

you must have really small hands for the s4 to seem that big, I kind of want an even bigger phone than the note :p

| 3570k @ 4.4.ghz | Hyper 212 evo | 8GB (2x4GB) 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte Z77X UD3H | Corsair CX750M | Corsair 300R | OCZ 240GB SSD | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD | Asus DCUII 7950 @1150mhz core 1600mhz mem

| BenQ XL2411T | Corsair Vengeance K60 | Logitech G700 | steelseries Qck+ | Fiio E10 | Zalman clip on mic | HD 598 | ATH-M50 |

snip

im looking at the HTC First right now

its running ASOP over that face book launcher which u could disable !

great soft touch body

and also a great 720p lcd screen

ill wait a bit more and see what google will offer

you must have really small hands for the s4 to seem that big, I kind of want an even bigger phone than the note :P

i have normal hands not small but ive seen  how people use an s4  they stretch their hands in order to use it one handed  like having to reach the end of their screen with their thumb

i have normal hands not small but ive seen  how people use an s4  they stretch their hands in order to use it one handed  like having to reach the end of their screen with their thumb

I have to do that a little with my note but only a little I would have no problem reaching the s4 screen, do you have small thumbs I know someone with normal size hands and really stumpy thumbs?

I have to do that a little with my note but only a little I would have no problem reaching the s4 screen, do you have small thumbs I know someone with normal size hands and really stumpy thumbs?

do u have a ruler ?

i want to know how big ur hand are

im serious .,,

do u have a ruler ?

i want to know how big ur hand are

im serious .,,

Yeah shall I do from tip of thumb to tip of little finger and then middle finger to bottom of my hand, honestly they aren't that big at all ?

Yeah shall I do from tip of thumb to tip of little finger and then middle finger to bottom of my hand ?

tip of ur middle finger to bottom of ur hand

tip of ur middle finger to the end of ur middle finger

and also tip of ur thumb to bottom of ur hand  (same area where u measured the bottom of ur middle finger)

tip of ur thumb to the end  of ur thumb

and tip of ur index finger to tip of ur little finger

tip of ur middle finger to bottom of ur hand

tip of ur middle finger to the end of ur middle finger

and also tip of ur thumb to bottom of ur hand

tip of ur thumb to the end  of ur thumb

and top of ur index finger to tip of ur little finger

okay I'll get the ruler, I'll do it to the nearest 0.5cm

okay I'll get the ruler, any prefered measurement cm or inches 

cm please

cm please

okay I'll be a few minutes i'm looking for another ruler I'm regretting coloring this one in from an exam 

okay so 

tip of my middle finger to bottom of hand is 19.5cm

tip of my middle finger to end of my middle finger is 9cm

tip of my thumb to bottom of my hand is  13cm

tip of my thumb to end of my thumb is 7cm

tip of my index finger to tip of my little finger is 14.5cm

I will measure my hand too so we know the hand that can perfectly use an S4

Phone History: Nokia 3310, Samsung Z500, HTC Touch, iPhone 3GS + Samsung S5600 Preston, iPhone 3GS + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S2 + Samsung Galaxy Tab + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S3 + Blackberry Torch 9800, Samsung Galaxy Note 2 + Blackberry Bold 9900 + Blackberry Playbook, Samsung Galaxy Note 2  + Nokia Lumia 920, Galaxy S4 +Nokia Lumia 920, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy S5

I will measure my hand too so we know the hand that can perfectly use an S4

good idea then I can see if I've somehow made a mistake if my results look strange although it I can't measure my hands I might need linus to make me a guide on how to tie my shoes 

tip of my middle finger to bottom of hand is 18cm

tip of my middle finger to end of my middle finger is 7.5cm

tip of my thumb to end of my thumb is 6cm

tip of my index finger to tip of my little finger is 13cm

Edit: I also used Note 2 with this hand. (One handed and two handed when typing.)

@dkihs90

@JORDANonPC

tip of my middle finger to end of my middle finger is 8cm

tip of my index finger to tip of my little finger is 14cm

ummm..... ?!??!

@dkihs90

@JORDANonPC

tip of my middle finger to end of my middle finger is 8cm

tip of my index finger to tip of my little finger is 14cm

ummm..... ?!??!

no idea why an s4 feels big to you we have the same size hands pretty much

no idea why an s4 feels big to you we have the same size hands pretty much

make a pic of u holding ur phone and reach the far left side of the screen and middle top of the screen on an s4 or 4.7+ inch device

i want to know how u hold a phone  maybe im holding it a different way

make a pic of u holding ur phone and reach the far left side of the screen and middle top of the screen on an s4 or 4.7+ inch device

i want to know how u hold a phone  maybe im holding it a different way

I have no camera other than my phone sadly, maybe I've just adjusted I tend to hold my phone lower when using one hand so the furthest corner is the only place I need to stretch to get to and I never really need to do that unless I'm clicking on an app 

I have no camera other than my phone sadly, maybe I've just adjusted I tend to hold my phone lower when using one hand so the furthest corner is the only place I need to stretch to get to and I never really need to do that unless I'm clicking on an app 

use ur front facing camera in front of a mirror

EDIT

i normally use the far left of the screen when typing one handed which i like to do