Windows 10 Updates are annoying.

These are why we need to be able to choose our updates and parts of them. I only need Windows to update Windows, I can deal with Intel myself.

Microsoft is annoying me (as much as Apple annoys me that my iPod doesn't remember to "Trust this computer"), If I install the latest Intel graphics drivers, with Intel's own damn driver application, I get a Windows update, not for windows but for my Intel graphics drivers. Windows wants me to use old Intel drivers in that don't work anymore, I've tried them, all my subtitles and video content get f*cked. But if let Windows do its thing then update the drivers on my own, the next time I use my PC Windows Update says my drivers are out of date and I need to update.

Here is what happens with the outdated drivers Windows Update wants me to use:

This occurs in VLC video subtitles, game visuals and Windows own media viewing applications.

5 videos

Battlefield 4, with current Intel drivers runs fine, with the ones Microsoft thinks are current...

the camo on my weapons is supposed to be Flat Snow aka plain white, and yes my clan is NSA.

I didn't put this in troubleshooting because there is no solution other than waiting for Microsoft to update what drivers they consider current.

Feel free to share your annoyances with Windows Update in Windows 10 below.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

This was the main reason I didn't update from 7 so.....

(The second and third were memory leaks and spying)

Well for the spying aspect isnt any IPS you visits tracking your traffic unless you have VPN but still is able to be spied on. If you have PRO version you can avoid the update and annoying popups that is reason i also have PRO version for Windows... I have no problems with memory leak.. 

Magical Pineapples

why do you need intel drivers? are you using iGPU?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Well for the spying aspect isnt any IPS you visits tracking your traffic unless you have VPN but still is able to be spied on. If you have PRO version you can avoid the update and annoying popups that is reason i also have PRO version for Windows... I have no problems with memory leak.. 

Well you can't avoid the update, but I am aware you can delay it

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

(The second and third were memory leaks and spying)

the "spying" is just a public overreaction, because the internet is stupid

everyone who is on the internet is already getting spied on by worse things than microsoft

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Well you can't avoid the update, but I am aware you can delay it

You can avoid updates it just reg trick. 

Magical Pineapples

One word man... Ubuntu

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

why do you need intel drivers? are you using iGPU?

Yeah, playing at peasant resolution but with PCMR fps. Gonna try pick up a 980 or 980ti at Fry's or Micro Center on Black Friday. But would I be wrong to assume this would be a problem even with a GPU as it happens in VLC, iTunes, and other non-game media applications.

It's fine right now, I keep scheduling the update to later so I can just keep using Intel provided drivers.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

Well yeah if you edit the registry you can have it do many things, but why am I going to bother until after dx12 only games are released, I don't switch OS until I either have to or want to due to the new OS's greatness.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

you don't need a registry edit..its in the gpedit config

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile