Looks like Ubisoft fixed nothing, Syndicate runs 30-40fps on 970...

bydus

You can see it for yourself, not much graphic settings to choose from and he is running AAx2 so I would expect it to run 40-50fps without any AA 

im sorry, was i the only one expecting Ubisoft to do this?

i mean, when in the past have they ACTUALLY optimize before a release after initial development?

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

im sorry, was i the only one expecting Ubisoft to do this?

i mean, when in the past have they ACTUALLY optimize before a release after initial development?

I can't believe Far Cry 3 ran well :o

Seriously though, are they trying to go bankrupt?

I can't believe Far Cry 3 ran well :o

it didnt unless you had AT least a GTX 670 (which was around $300 at the time)

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

it didnt unless you had AT least a GTX 670 (which was around $300 at the time)

Uhm.... my R9 270 can run it.

at max settings over 60 fps?

Solitaire. 

at max settings over 60 fps?

With some dips, I guess. And with MSAA turned off.

With some dips, I guess. And with MSAA turned off.

i recall my GTX 660 struggling with it

Solitaire. 

My 650M laptop played Farcry 3 fine (not maxed - but visually appealing) back in the day .  . . I digress . . . after unity, I didn't even bother having a desire for this. Their reputation is gone for the assassin's creed line as far as I'm concerned. Maybe when its 9.99 on sale somewhere and I just have to use 10 dollars on something or I'll lose it type of random situation.

SLI 1070 Setup for sale!!!

at ~5 frames per second

Edit: Nvm, I thought you were talking about Syndicate. Disreguard

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

How come in that video it was showing 4GB of Vram being used when the 970 is meant to only have 3.5GB of usable memory?

My PC: i5 4690k===MSI GAMING 3===980TI===8GB-Corsair-Vangence-Pro-Series===H100i-GTX===EVGA G2 750W===Samsung 850evo m.2 boot drive===Samsung 250gb evo SSD===Seagate-Barracuda-1TB-HDD===NZXT-H440

How come in that video it was showing 4GB of Vram being used when the 970 is meant to only have 3.5GB of usable memory?

because it does have 4gb, but 500mb is just shitty memory

Its all about those volumetric clouds

Being 30-40 fps at max doesn't really mean that they did not optimise syndicate.

They could have just increased the maximum settings far beyond the above average computer could handle so people could actually benefit from better/enthusiast hardware.

But then again, turning off the settings can be a turnoff.

I'm downloading the preload right now.

Soon enough I'll be able to report how it runs on a 6700k and 980ti. 

And it looks worst than Unity,  at least Unity was a graphic orgasm

You're going to judge the appearance of a video game on a compressed YouTube video? That just doesn't make sense. 

I was fairly happy with how Unity ran on my 970, so I'll pick this up when I have some extra money.

Am I the only one looking at these responses and looking confused as its not due to be released for at least another 4 hours? Assuming its working on Greenwich Mean Time.  
I say that, I have heard the rumours of codes and access being accidentally given more than 2 weeks ago for more than a few PC users.

Its not my fault I am grumpy, you try having a porcelain todger that's always hard! 

That's cause it's a 'way it's meant to be played' and 'gameworks title'. For the best experience on Nvidia GPUs like the 970 you should stick to AMD gaming evolved titles.

Only half joking. :mellow:

But as above poster said isn't the game not out yet? What gives? There may be updated drivers coming as well so let's give them a chance.

Anyway with regarding to Assassin's Creed. A lot of the problem with Unity was not average the frame-rate, but rather the hitching and stuttering. You would always get a few frames which took too long to render ruining the experience. Was probably more to do with momentary CPU bottlenecks than GPU load. I heard it got better with patches though.

It became available to play at 11PM my time, so I spent the last 50ish minutes playing. I'd play more but I need to sleep soon.

I'm very satisfied with my computer's performance. Its specifications are in my profile.

CPU max temp was a low 58C.  But it's also idling at 24-25C right now. 

GPU max temp was 73C.

At the maximum setting, my 60Hz TV was getting a fair amount of screen tearing, so I used v-sync which capped it at 60 for maybe 80% of the time. (My own estimation.)

With it off, it was between 60-70 a majority of the time. 

Lowest frame rate was low 50s. 

I used Fraps to count it.  I turned on recording in case some one needed proof, but recording killed the frame rate quite a bit... down to 20s and 30s, so I stopped it after a couple minutes. 

The graphics are beautiful and face animations are smooth. Lip syncing is nice. Next time I play I'll turn it down to the second highest graphics settings (whatever it's called) to see if my eyes notice any graphics differences and to count the frame rate again. 

At any rate. I like it the game. It's fun and not terribly hard yet. Which is good for me because I like a story and to have fun instead of a major challenge and rage quit.  But then again, I've only played for an hour. haha. It might get difficult.