What games would you consider 'Classic'?

magicbennie

First of all, I'm new here, so hello :)

When I hear 'classic game' I think KotOR, as well as Fallout 3 & NV w/ DLC.

What about you guys?

CPU: Intel Core i5 2450M @ 2.5Ghz RAM: 8GB GPU: HD Radeon 7470M (Potato) Mobo: No idea, probably a pumpkin.

My computer is a laptop.

BF3 on minimum settings = 25fps @ 720p

I think of games i spent loads of time on because it was the only game i had probably Old N64 Snes games cant list all of them tho

Jak and Daxter, Spyro, Ratchet and clank, Rayman. Most of my favorite games/ classic games are ps1 and ps2 titles.

PC: Doom 1 and 2, Warcraft 1 and 2, Hocus Pocus.
Handheld : First two generations of Pokemon (possibly 3rd gen)
Console : Ratchet and Clank, First three Spyro's and Crash Bandicoot's 

Also welcome to another New Zealander.

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

No I take that back, some of my other all time favorite games where for my gameboy color and my gameboy advance SP + backlight :P I remember all of the Mario games, the crapy razing games i had as well as the dexters lab platformer game.

No I take that back, some of my other all time favorite games where for my gameboy color and my gameboy advance SP + backlight :P I remember all of the Mario games, the crapy razing games i had as well as the dexters lab platformer game.

I loved the SP so much (largely because it was the last Gameboy to natively support the older games)

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

PC: Doom 1 and 2, Warcraft 1 and 2, Hocus Pocus.

Handheld : First two generations of Pokemon (possibly 3rd gen)

Console : Ratchet and Clank, First three Spyro's and Crash Bandicoot's 

Also welcome to another New Zealander.

Indeed :)

I liked lots of games from PS1 and would consider them classics:

Spyro, MGS, Silent Hill and Lara Croft.

I never actually played final fantasy or Crash Bandicoot.

I only ever played on game on gameboy and that was Pokemon Silver on GBC. It was pretty good :P

CPU: Intel Core i5 2450M @ 2.5Ghz RAM: 8GB GPU: HD Radeon 7470M (Potato) Mobo: No idea, probably a pumpkin.

My computer is a laptop.

Indeed :)

I liked lots of games from PS1 and would consider them classics:

Spyro, MGS, Silent Hill and Lara Croft.

I never actually played final fantasy or Crash Bandicoot.

I only ever played on game on gameboy and that was Pokemon Silver on GBC. It was pretty good :P

Yea, the second Gen was my favourite largely because you can travel between Kanto and Johto.

now that i think about it, allot of the games i would consider classics are from nintendo...how i miss nintendo.

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

The first Deus Ex, Final Fantasy VII, Goldeneye on the N64 are what comes to mind.

But the list is probably a lot longer. ;)

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Halo 1, Quake, Unreal tournament 99 maybe even 2004.

Undeniable classics.

I have only played Halo 1 out of those games. It was pretty fun :)

Hmm... Jedi Outcast was pretty good, and i think that was based on the quake engine

My computer is a laptop.

Zelda Ocarina of Time for N64 I still love that gam3 to this day

Pretty much every mario/zelda game on the SNES and N64 were my favorites back in the day... Nintendo was definitely the king back then.

I'll just leave out games others have mentioned. 

Two that come to mind for me are secret of mana and starcraft. 

Age of Empires, Resident Evil 4, Rome Total War

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

Contra III: Alien Wars, Chrono Trigger and Star Ocean: Till the End of Time

"Classic" games for me is made before 2005(Over 8 years old), but the Classics as in Best memory with and still being played frequently on my PC is:

Mafia, The City of Lost Heaven

Age Of Empire 2

Half Life

Half Life: Opposing Force

Battlefield 1942

Duke Nukem 3D

Wolfenstein 3D

SimCity 2000

Fallout 1+2

GTA

Need For Speed: Underground 2

And then there are the Instant-Classics, those games that made so big an impact, that the will never be forgotten:

BioShock

BioShock Infinite

Half Life 2

Portal 1+2

Fallout: New Vegas

Sniper Elite V2

Saints Row the Third

GTA 4

The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion

The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim

Need For Speed: Most Wanted (The 2005 version)

Need For Speed: Carbon

Just my 5-cents.

Current Specs: CPU: Intel I5 4690K, Motherboard: ASUS Z97-AR, RAM: 8GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz, GPU: Sapphire Nitro Radeon R9 390, SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, HDD: 3x Seagate Constellation ES 500GB in RAID 5, PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2, Case: Antec LanBoy Air Blue/Black. Mouse: Corsair M65 Pro, Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate(2012), Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud 1.

I think of the games I grew up with, Donkey Kong Country, The Legend of Zelda, Super Mario Bros, Duck Hunt, Star Fox, Doom, Quake, Wolfenstein, Thief, Unreal Tournament, Monkey Island, Kings Quest, Space Quest. Really anything from the NES, SNES, Genesis, Windows 95, 98 era. 

final fantasy 1-3

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link 

Diablo, Baldur's Gate, Doom, Super Mario Bros, Half Life, Contra, Street Fighter, Command & Conquer, Prince of Persia, Need For Speed, Ninja Gaiden, Tetris... probably a lot more.