Zotac ZBOX MAGNUS EN970 Giveaway

Just wanna say to my console-addicted friends

"hey guys...Lookt at this. This is a tiny pc and yet more powerfull than your ps4/x1" LOL

I want a Zotac ZBOX for a kick ass HTPC.  Nobody wants a big bulky case for that!

So I can have a decent PC to use, and one that's portable to carry around aswell

this little guy would be awesome running along side another compy, set it up as a media rig/arcade gaming box hooked to television and have some drunk competition madness xD

Though this thing would still be better then my old ass ROG laptop which is all i have to work with : /

The Zbox interests me greatly as an HTPC and for streaming games to the big screen. Even then, it could probably play most games locally and not even need to stream them.

I own the EN760 by Zotac and take it to work with me where I hook it up to the break room tv. With a 2TB Samsung hard drive full of movies and games, this little machine is a wonderful entertainment powerhouse that fits in my backpack without any fuss. We're a bunch of aircraft maintenance guys that usually have alot of break room time. My coworkers love the form factor, the near silence, and the storage options that it has, and a few have commented on the fact that it was cheaper and actually more powerful than their home desktop gaming computers. At around $400USD this machine is the perfect gaming/media machine for just about everyone.

But why do I want an EN970? Well I broke the EN760. Someone's drink got spilled into it and it stopped booting

Regardless of this contest I will eventually buy a EN970 to replace it once the price drops to somewhere in the $400-$600 range. I've owned several Gigabyte brix machines, and the gaming ones are just awful in comparison to the Zotac machine. You power on the Brix and it sounds like a hair dryer. Power on the Zotac and it sounds like... nothing. The Gigabyte engineers dropped the ball so hard when it comes to cooling. I took apart the Brix Gaming machine and just set a blower style fan next to the heatsink, similar to the one found in the Zotac, and guess what? No more throttling! No loud noise!

The Zotac machine is small but doesn't compromise on the things that really matter, like quiet operation, little to no thermal throttling (you get ALL the performance you PAID FOR) in a package that is just as easy to throw in a bag and take wherever.

If I could suggest any change, and if there's anyone from Zotac reading these comments, then I would ask for a better CPU. From what I'm reading the CPU in this EN970 is essentially the same as the one inside the EN760 which is sufficient for most games, but is very easily pushed to its limit in CPU heavy games like GTAV. For $800 I would expect a desktop class performer, not something I could find in a Surface Pro 3...

1. Have a spare HDD and 4 Gb's of RAM lying around as well as windows 8.1. 2. a PC that can game in the loungeroom would be great. :) thanks for the chance guys!

I really love the compactness of the design and would absolutely love playing all my pc games on a tv with my family.

I want it because its a great pc on the go(everyware i go there is a monitor so...). Its powerfull enough to game and do video work and small enough to fit in my back pack.

I've been planning for a really compact PC build but I'm not even close to having the money to buy one. This would be nice to have to play with friends and family coming over or to give to my cousins who are into gaming but basicly don't know anything about PC's or know anyone except for me and my brother who do. It would really help me out to have this anyways keep up the good work hope you do more of these smaller giveaways.

Bringing my huge traditional desktop is too much of a hassle it would be nice to have a high end compact pc to bring around for me to utilize it. ^^

I love this cute beast, hope it will replace my amd 6 years old pc :(

Im more of a desktop user, so having "Zotac Zbox" instead Xbox or Playstation as my entertainment system makes more sence.

Also its compact compare to regular desktops making it a excelent choise for casual gaming, browsing, watching vedios and tons of other stuff with my TV.

I want it because of its size, i can go to a friends house and play good games with no fuzz

On the weekends, my friends and I get together at one of their houses and have LAN parties.  It really sucks lugging my 40+ pound PC around, so having a small PC that is decently powerful would be a godsend.

My brother has been asking for advice about getting a machine that can perform decently well, but his job requires him to move around a lot so a full size PC just isn't viable for him. This would be a great gift that would both fulfil his desired while not being a large and unwieldly hassle when he has to move.

I really like the portability of all the ''micro machines''. I wanted to buy a CI520 nano PLUS recently.

It may be small but it definitely packs a punch. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

That pint-sized powerhouse will definitely help me out with light-editting and portable gaming :)
I could even kick up jokes to my friends like "Hey, I got a desktop with a full-fledged GPU in my bag" :'^)
Well, good luck to everyone! :D

Desktop grade performance in a fraction of the size, who wouldn't want one

Well this PC looks boss with the orange accent and it would make a great birthday present.

Its soooo small! and the colour scheme looks great, totally like it!