Zotac ZBOX MAGNUS EN970 Giveaway

I have two ideas on how I could use the Zotac Magnus EN970. I would either build a small and quiet NAS to store data on, but also to stream to videos to my Samsung Smart TV and mobile devices in my network, or I'd use it as a small portable PC for when I travel (for games and audio creation).

The NAS idea is quite nice, seeing as it is visually appealing and therefore could be placed beside the TV without looking bad, while being easily accessible. I would probably be using two Laptop HDDs with 500GB each (RAID 1 Configuration, to not be easily affected by HDD failures), which I still have left from replacements, and buy a small M.2 SATA SSD for an embedded install of NAS4Free. Seeing as the PC has USB and Wifi, I could make my printer air-print compatible too. The USB 3 connections would also enable simple expansion.

Alternatively, the mini-PC would also be great as a mobile production computer, as nearly every Hotel has a HDMI-compatible flat screen TV nowadays, so I would only need to bring along an additional keyboard and mouse. Even though the CPU isn't the most powerful, that can be made up for with a clever hard drive configuration.  If I would store the OS on an M.2 SSD, Samples on a 2.5" SSD and project files on a 2.5" HDD, I could freeze tracks in Ableton onto the HDD and equally distribute the disk read amongst the various hard drives. Therefore, the CPU would only have to deal with simple audio processing. I could even expand that configuration by using a Focusrite Saffire 6 USB, to lower latency and use higher ohm headphones.

I hope you enjoyed reading my ideas, and if I don't win, I hope this may have inspired some of your guys future projects.

Cheers,

Josh

2 days ago my mother complained the PC i made her a few years ago was to big, Zotac you lifesavers you.

I want a casual meeting with an Elephant, Orangutan, Crow and a Bottlenose Dolphin. 

The Zotac ZBOX has ticked all boxes as it is powerful and small at the same time. This would be very useful to me as an on the go pc and would be easier to take and use at lan parties. Zotac has done a great job with the ZBOX and I can't wait to see what they do next.

This little box is awesome for its size and beats my pc. it would be great for league of legends :D

what makes the ZBOX so interesting is its size, its awesome that such package would be possible in such a small form-factor.  :)

I just bought a 4K monitor and I realize......... I don't have a mini display port! I need this to drive my monitor. It's excellent as i only have a small space for laptop/minibox.

I already have the big gaming rig, now I need the traveling rig

This is very interesting to have my house. I did not know we could get small computers like this. Would love to have it and do work with it.

Have a nice day

I have 3 little nephews who would just go crazy over a machine like that in their home.
I would love the chance of building them a game center + htpc .
the Zotac EN970 looks perfect for the job!

I want a zotac gaming box because I want to join the hype of gaming from the couch. That's an amazing quality time with me and my Steam games.  :)  :)

I want this because it will be a perfect living room companion for the new 4K TV that I just bought which will help me view 4k contents seamlessly and play a lot of games smoothly on a bigger screen with above-decent graphics.

Well that's all I would like to say. Hope I make my Christmas more pleasant with this

Keep up the good work LMG 

I don't need to worry as much about dust getting clogged inside of this. Also much easier to transport to places as opposed to a mid sized tower.

Its size and yet overall great specs is what makes the ZBOX so interesting. I could easily take it with me to my sisters house and enjoy some gaming together. Plus it just looks kickass.

I have a really old destop about 10 years old so it would be great to get as im also a huge zotac fan but lack the money to buy zotac products :C

sounds like it would beat my desktop even with being a bare-bones machine

I want this coputer because i think it is cool that you can make powerfull pc with such a small design.

Well!!! This will be a good machine for study and work!! :P