Predator X34 vs Predator XB270HU

KRVYZIE

Recently re-doing my whole setup. I'm not sure which monitor I want. I've heard the XB270HU comes with a lot of problems but the X34 doesnt really. Although I feel as if X34 is to big.

I usually play CS:GO, Gary's Mod, SAMP, Fallout 4, and Battlefield.

I also want this monitor for console gaming also.

I need some help comming up with a decision.

link doesnt work ^^ there's a space a the end :P

Gigabyte X570 UD

Ryzen 5 5600x

16GB 3200mhz ram

Asus TUF Rx5700XT

600w PSU

256GB NVME boot drive

1tb sata ssd game drive

2tb mechanical storage drive

Logitech G815 Tactile

Logitech G502

AudioTechnica ATH-G1WL

LG B9 OLED

link doesnt work ^^ there's a space a the end :P

edited

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

why not the BenQ XL series? 

Theres only one that's gsync and it's a TN 1080p, it also has inversed pixels.

I would not buy the ACER Predator X34, same with the ACER 1440p

Just do not buy ACER, the ACER Predator X34 has so many issues at the moment. The ACER 1440p has terrible QC on it, most people have to buy lots of them to get a good one, due to IPS glow and backlight bleed.

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

I would not buy the ACER Predator X34, same with the ACER 1440p

Just do not buy ACER, the ACER Predator X34 has so many issues at the moment. The ACER 1440p has terrible QC on it, most people have to buy lots of them to get a good one, due to IPS glow and backlight bleed.

Theres only one that's gsync and it's a TN 1080p, it also has inversed pixels.

OKAY

Please avoid listening to Metro.  He only posts on this forum to bash Acer.  He never actually has any constructive information.

I'll put a little disclaimer on this post before I continue.  A lot of new monitors that are on the bleeding edge of monitor technology are facing quality control issues.  Even Metro's beloved Asus.  Their brand new ROG Swift pg279q for example is suffering from a few issues itself.

Source:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/3q1wuf/asus_rog_swift_pg279q_review_gsync_165hz/

http://www.overclock.net/t/1558309/various-asus-debuts-rog-swift-pg279q-144hz-ips-and-g-sync/4630

Now then for the question itself.  Either monitor is an excellent choice.  I personally would recommend the X34 because ultrawide is awesome; or if you prefer Asus, they have their version of the X34 the PG348q coming out soon as well.  Fallout 4 will require a few modifications to make it compatible with ultrawide.  I've been told they were working on an official fix for it however.  A lot of newer games do support ultrawide resolutions.  If you are playing any games competitively, I'd recommend the Acer XB270HU or the Asus PG279Q for that wonderful 144hz.  If you're not playing competitively, ultrawide is the way to go.  More real estate and it's very immersive.  Plus, if you have nvidia card, gsync is amazing.

Any just released monitor that you pick up you will be playing the monitor lottery.  A lot of people have had no problem with the Asus or the Acer monitors you spoke of.  What I would recommend is that wherever you buy it from, make sure they have a good return or exchange policy (Newegg/Microcenter) and avoid taking advice from doomsayers like Metro.

Please avoid listening to Metro.  He only posts on this forum to bash Acer.  He never actually has any constructive information.

I'll put a little disclaimer on this post before I continue.  A lot of new monitors that are on the bleeding edge of monitor technology are facing quality control issues.  Even Metro's beloved Asus.  Their brand new ROG Swift pg279q for example is suffering from a few issues itself.

Source:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/3q1wuf/asus_rog_swift_pg279q_review_gsync_165hz/

http://www.overclock.net/t/1558309/various-asus-debuts-rog-swift-pg279q-144hz-ips-and-g-sync/4630

Now then for the question itself.  Either monitor is an excellent choice.  I personally would recommend the X34 because ultrawide is awesome; or if you prefer Asus, they have their version of the X34 the PG348q coming out soon as well.  Fallout 4 will require a few modifications to make it compatible with ultrawide.  I've been told they were working on an official fix for it however.  A lot of newer games do support ultrawide resolutions.  If you are playing any games competitively, I'd recommend the Acer XB270HU or the Asus PG279Q for that wonderful 144hz.  If you're not playing competitively, ultrawide is the way to go.  More real estate and it's very immersive.  Plus, if you have nvidia card, gsync is amazing.

Any just released monitor that you pick up you will be playing the monitor lottery.  A lot of people have had no problem with the Asus or the Acer monitors you spoke of.  What I would recommend is that wherever you buy it from, make sure they have a good return or exchange policy (Newegg/Microcenter) and avoid taking advice from doomsayers like Metro.

Just look online, it has so many issues, do not buy ACER products. I do provide constructive information.

Not sure how you can recommend the ACER 1440p when so many people sent them back, due to blacklight bleed and IPS glow. The ACER Predator X34 has so many issues and people are sending them back, just look on Overclock.net and the ACER Forum. Also ACER are not covering RMA for the scan line issue. They also recalled the ACER Predator X34, however they are only fixing one issue (of about six)

So just get a monitor from another company (not ACER) Dell has just released a 1440p TN 144hz monitor with Gsync, that is quite good. If you want 21.9 100hz, wait for the ASUS PG348Q.

BertrandH, just look online about the ACER Predator X34 issues. You will find there are so many of them.

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

Source:

Hey Drez did you pick up an Acer X34 or are you still shopping around?

Just look online, it has so many issues, do not buy ACER products. I do provide constructive information.

Not sure how you can recommend the ACER 1440p when so many people sent them back, due to blacklight bleed and IPS glow. The ACER Predator X34 has so many issues and people are sending them back, just look on Overclock.net and the ACER Forum. Also ACER are not covering RMA for the scan line issue. They also recalled the ACER Predator X34, however they are only fixing one issue (of about six)

So just get a monitor from another company (not ACER) Dell has just released a 1440p TN 144hz monitor with Gsync, that is quite good. If you want 21.9 100hz, wait for the ASUS PG348Q.

BertrandH, just look online about the ACER Predator X34 issues. You will find there are so many of them.

Thank you for only proving my point further.  Acer, Acer, Acer.  You sound like Jan from the Brady Bunch.  That entire post was about Acer this or Acer that.  Not only that, but you completely ignored the fact that your beloved Asus is having quality control issues of their own with the new ROG Swift; which the first gen of the monitor had issues as well.  I can almost guarantee that the PG348Q will have it's own issues.  ALL monitors that are pushing the bleeding edge are going to have issues Metro.  Get over it.  If you're not prepared to be an early adopter than go buy a monitor like the original ROG Swift and go about your business.  Your posts are not helpful in the slightest.  The only thing they do is bash Acer.  I follow this forum daily and I see a lot of people posting and making suggestions and actually helping others.  The only time I EVER see you post is when someone even utters the word Acer.

I do however agree with on how terrible Acer is handling this.  I've followed the post on Acer's boards and listen to people saying they're deleting posts.  I don't work for Acer so I'm not sure what they're doing, but obviously they're not going to be able to fix everything at once.  They fixed the blue banding issue week one and now they're working on the WFS issue (which isn't as big of an issue as coil whine or it not overclocking to 100hz for some people), so they are working on it.  These things take time.  It's just not possible to fix everything at one time.  I'm not sure what field you work in, but as someone in the IT industry, you have to break problems down to smaller problems and fix from there.  There is no magic one time corrective action that will fix everything.  I wish they were more verbal about what they were doing but as soon as one of their people post about what they're currently doing, they get attacked by others saying "OMG!@# @!# Well what are you doing about this issue!??!?!?!".  Again, it takes time.  If you can't be patient while they work on it, avoid buying new tech.

Hey Drez did you pick up an Acer X34 or are you still shopping around?

9RPPbeF.jpg

:D I did! The first one suffered from the WFS issue which to me wasn't a huge deal cause I don't ever put my monitors to sleep and it only takes 2 seconds to turn the monitor off and on again, but also it would only overclock to 90hz. Which again, isn't a huge deal, but I want that 100hz :)

I have my new one in route and will be able to pick it up from Micro Center here late this week or early next week. I know the monitor has it's issues, but this is the monitor I've decided on. It has everything I need.

If this one doesn't work out then I'll return it and hold off for the Asus and see how that one fares.

Thank you for only proving my point further.  Acer, Acer, Acer.  You sound like Jan from the Brady Bunch.  That entire post was about Acer this or Acer that.  Not only that, but you completely ignored the fact that your beloved Asus is having quality control issues of their own with the new ROG Swift; which the first gen of the monitor had issues as well.  I can almost guarantee that the PG348Q will have it's own issues.  ALL monitors that are pushing the bleeding edge are going to have issues Metro.  Get over it.  If you're not prepared to be an early adopter than go buy a monitor like the original ROG Swift and go about your business.  Your posts are not helpful in the slightest.  The only thing they do is bash Acer.  I follow this forum daily and I see a lot of people posting and making suggestions and actually helping others.  The only time I EVER see you post is when someone even utters the word Acer.

I do however agree with on how terrible Acer is handling this.  I've followed the post on Acer's boards and listen to people saying they're deleting posts.  I don't work for Acer so I'm not sure what they're doing, but obviously they're not going to be able to fix everything at once.  They fixed the blue banding issue week one and now they're working on the WFS issue (which isn't as big of an issue as coil whine or it not overclocking to 100hz for some people), so they are working on it.  These things take time.  It's just not possible to fix everything at one time.  I'm not sure what field you work in, but as someone in the IT industry, you have to break problems down to smaller problems and fix from there.  There is no magic one time corrective action that will fix everything.  I wish they were more verbal about what they were doing but as soon as one of their people post about what they're currently doing, they get attacked by others saying "OMG!@# @!# Well what are you doing about this issue!??!?!?!".  Again, it takes time.  If you can't be patient while they work on it, avoid buying new tech.

1.  ACER should have fixed these issues before release

2. Where did I say ASUS were so good at making everything

3. I am just backing up my point with links, to provide evidence based on facts

4. People looking at this monitor seems to not know about these issues, so I tell them about it, so they know, unlike all the reviewers, like TFT central who just ignore them

5. I do help many people, you should look at other topics and other forums

6. One of the reasons for the ASUS PG348Q launching later is better QC (not sure how you can get worse than ACER though) if you notice, RoG monitors take longer to design (look at the IFA Press conference) also as it is launching later, they know about all these issues, so they can provide a fix for them

7. I like being an early adopter but not for bad products

I wouldn't buy that Dell unless they fixed the problems with the monitors that ASUS hasn't yet Dell/Asus/same guts. right now the asus are very troublesome.

1.  ACER should have fixed these issues before release

2. Where did I say ASUS were so good at making everything

3. I am just backing up my point with links, to provide evidence based on facts

4. People looking at this monitor seems to not know about these issues, so I tell them about it, so they know, unlike all the reviewers, like TFT central who just ignore them

5. I do help many people, you should look at other topics and other forums

6. One of the reasons for the ASUS PG348Q launching later is better QC (not sure how you can get worse than ACER though) if you notice, RoG monitors take longer to design (look at the IFA Press conference) also as it is launching later, they know about all these issues, so they can provide a fix for them

7. I like being an early adopter but not for bad products

Acer sure had a shitload of issues with the XB270HU panel when it first came out, the amount of issues were too abundant to ignore, however.... Since their refresh the XB270HU issues have been less prevalent in units. But of course, unlike ASUS.... Acer is far easier to get ahold of, including for RMA and they will cross ship as well as next day you a new panel, ASUS... Don't expect a speedy process, much less ease of getting ahold of them.

Keep in mind the 279Q is suffering the same issues as Acer originally had as well as issues such as with the 278Q.

Of course saying this, if I was buying right now for a 27" panel, I'd try my luck at getting a good 279Q, lol. I have to say though the X34 does look nice despite the qc issues, but then again, no different from ASUS, panel lottery is fun no matter what brand you go with -_- .

MSI Z97M Gaming | i7-4790k | NZXT Kraken X61 | 16GB Kingston Savage DDR3 2400
EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 | EVGA G2 750 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | 1TB 850 Evo | 2TB 860 Evo | 22TB DS918+

Scarlett 2i2 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Fostex TR-X00 | Beyer DT990 | MrSpeaker Alpha Dog | V-Moda M-100 | JBL LSR305 MK2

9RPPbeF.jpg

:D I did! The first one suffered from the WFS issue which to me wasn't a huge deal cause I don't ever put my monitors to sleep and it only takes 2 seconds to turn the monitor off and on again, but also it would only overclock to 90hz. Which again, isn't a huge deal, but I want that 100hz :)

I have my new one in route and will be able to pick it up from Micro Center here late this week or early next week. I know the monitor has it's issues, but this is the monitor I've decided on. It has everything I need.

If this one doesn't work out then I'll return it and hold off for the Asus and see how that one fares.

I'm just so tired of waiting for the "perfect" monitor. I've been using my Dell u2411 forever, and I really wanted a step up in refresh rate, but it seems like whatever monitor I choose, QC is going to be a real gamble.

All of the parts are en route for my new rig, and I really wanted a shiny new panel to challenge the hardware.

I'm just so tired of waiting for the "perfect" monitor. I've been using my Dell u2411 forever, and I really wanted a step up in refresh rate, but it seems like whatever monitor I choose, QC is going to be a real gamble.

All of the parts are en route for my new rig, and I really wanted a shiny new panel to challenge the hardware.

I'm in the same boat.  My new build is completed, I just have to wait for the side panel to come back from the printers and I'll be good to go.  Thankfully, that bought me some time.  I'm hoping the new one will be in before I get it back.  My current monitors aren't bad, but I wanted to have my new build in it's entirety.