What is the best GTX 980 TI Version avalible ?

doktornpro

Well this is a simple question, i didn't know that there were many gtx 980 ti versions and now that i found out about it i am confused as to which to get.

Some have different specs like a higher or lower clock speed but i am still confused as to which version of the GTX 980 TI will perform the best in general.

Thanks for your time !

The MSI gaming one

Whaaaat? What about EVGA Kingpin? MSI Lightning? The MSI Gaming one is great from the mainstream ones, but it's by far not the best.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

Kingpin edition

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

The MSI gaming one

Whaaaat? What about EVGA Kingpin? MSI Lightning? The MSI Gaming one is great from the mainstream ones, but it's by far not the best.

One of EVGA's card.

Most likely the Kingpin edition.

Agreed.

Kingpin edition

Okay so the Kingpin seems to be the best, does it have any downsides ? also what about noise ? to me it looks like it might be a bit louder than the original one , and yea where does the origianl GTX 980 TI go in this ranking ? is it conisidered the worst ?

eather Gigabyte G1 gaming, EVGA Hybrid (best cooler if not going to costum waterloop), EVGA Kingpin if going for some stable high oc's. but any aftermarket cooled 980ti does maginaly the same if not oc'd. (note that higher native clock will ofc make a differance)

CPU: i7 8700k, 4.9ghz 1.29v llc1  Motherboard: Asus Z370-i G  Ram: Trident-Z 3200mhz->3866 cl17,17,37
GPU: Strix Oc 1080ti 2075mhz  Case: aNcase M1
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 500gb, x2 Raid 0 PSU: Corsair SF600 SFX
Display: Acer Predator x34 100hz 1440p  
Cooling: Celsius C24  Operating System: W10   

Okay so the Kingpin seems to be the best, does it have any downsides ? also what about noise ? to me it looks like it might be a bit louder than the original one , and yea where does the origianl GTX 980 TI go in this ranking ? is it conisidered the worst ?

The MSI Lightning one would be the best performer imo. It might be too expensive for you though, I don't know your budget. Here's comparison the Lightning vs Kingpin, skip to the benchmarking part (video in the spoiler)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

eather Gigabyte G1 gaming, EVGA Hybrid (best cooler if not going to costum waterloop), EVGA Kingpin if going for some stable high oc's. but any aftermarket cooled 980ti does maginaly the same if not oc'd. (note that higher native clock will ofc make a differance)

I do indeed plan to overclock it but do not plan to add custom cooling, Between the EVGA Kingpin and the EVGA Hybrid , which would you say is better ?

down side would only be that it is a internal blower card and air cooled. they noise lvl will be different coming down to what oc's you do. as the higer clock, you need more airflow to keep cool = more noise. but if u use a headset its not that bad tbh. even at higher fan usage %.

CPU: i7 8700k, 4.9ghz 1.29v llc1  Motherboard: Asus Z370-i G  Ram: Trident-Z 3200mhz->3866 cl17,17,37

I do indeed plan to overclock it but do not plan to add custom cooling, Between the EVGA Kingpin and the EVGA Hybrid , which would you say is better ?

Im sure the difference is minimal between those two... in the end, you are getting a 980 ti! best of the best 

definetively the kingpin. it will do alot better at oc's. and since ur built as far as i can tell is single card. so the temps whont be scary high even if air cooled. altho what the guy abov posted. i have not looked at cards since i got mine so idk if the Msi lightning is better. it might be

The MSI Lightning one would be the best performer imo. It might be too expensive for you though, I don't know your budget. Here's comparison the Lightning vs Kingpin, skip to the benchmarking part (video in the spoiler)

Wow its just amazing xD the msi lightning does look more appealing.

What about the EVGA Hybrid tho ? is that better when compared to the MSI Lightning or is the MSI Lightning the best gtx 980 ti there is

down side would only be that it is a internal blower card and air cooled. they noise lvl will be different coming down to what oc's you do. as the higer clock, you need more airflow to keep cool = more noise. but if u use a headset its not that bad tbh. even at higher fan usage %.

Why is being  an internal blower and air cooled a down side ?

What about the EVGA Hybrid tho ? is that better when compared to the MSI Lightning or is the MSI Lightning the best gtx 980 ti there is

as far as i gathered info from the video the Lightning is the best one. the hybrid has one but only one advantage. watercooled. so its max gna hit 50c. 

but the oc capability is way lower on the hybrid compered to the Kingpin and the Lightning. so if it at all is possible (wich im pritty sure it is) the lightning with eather a costum water loop or a integrated water cooler as the likes of a Hybrid would be optimal

I would recommend MSI SeaHawk over the EVGA Hybrid. They're basically the same type of a card, however the MSI teamed up with Corsair to make it, it might be worth a look.

Im sure the difference is minimal between those two... in the end, you are getting a 980 ti! best of the best 

Yea the difference isn't that huge but i still would like to make sure not to waste my money at a crappier version when i can get a slightly better for the same or near same ammount of money xD

as far as i gathered info from the video the Lightning is the best one. the hybrid has one but only one advantage. watercooled. so its max gna hit 50c. 

but the oc capability is way lower on the hybrid compered to the Kingpin and the Lightning. so if it at all is possible (wich im pritty sure it is) the lightning with eather a costum water loop or a integrated water cooler as the likes of a Hybrid would be optimal

Why do you prefer water cooling instead of air cooling ? Is there a big difference ?

Why is being  an internal blower and air cooled a down side ?

it will blow its heat around the case and heat other components like the cpu. atm im using 2 g1'ns that do push up to 65 on the lower and 82c on the higer card. and i use the Corsair 110i hydro gt to cool it in the top. so the cpu will get some hot air frome the cards. but as for now the temps have never been an issue. not seeing the cpu go past 50c at full load with a 4.5ghz oc

Why do you prefer water cooling instead of air cooling ? Is there a big difference ?

mainly because of temperature and air temps not having to interfear with other components. lets imagine i use one Hybrid card and put its radiator as the exaust at the back of the case. it will then only get fresh cold air and push that right out of the case. and also not have any of that hot air put into the case like an internal blower card would

*get fresh cold air and push the heat the radiator gathers out of the case. so all heat is dumped out :)
and also. colder card meens higher oc's. 

it will blow its heat around the case and heat other components like the cpu. atm im using 2 g1'ns that do push up to 65 on the lower and 82c on the higer card. and i use the Corsair 110i hydro gt to cool it in the top. so the cpu will get some hot air frome the cards. but as for now the temps have never been an issue. not seeing the cpu go past 50c at full load with a 4.5ghz oc

I would recommend MSI SeaHawk over the EVGA Hybrid. They're basically the same type of a card, however the MSI teamed up with Corsair to make it, it might be worth a look.

Okay guys what about this one : zotac gtx 980 ti amp extreme

To me it looks like its even more powerfull than the MSI Lightning.

Okay guys what about this one : zotac gtx 980 ti amp extreme

To me it looks like its even more powerfull than the MSI Lightning.

Nope, Zotac ain't as good as EVGA and MSI :)

i secound this. its stats are flashy but in tests it cries. the g1 i have is better (as for what tests say atleast) 

and EVGA is alot nicer to deal with when it comes to costumer service

i secound this. its stats are flashy but in tests it cries. the g1 i have is better (as for what tests say atleast) 

and EVGA is alot nicer to deal with when it comes to costumer service

but it does reach higher frames than the other versions ( When they are all not overclocked atleast )

but it does reach higher frames than the other versions ( When they are all not overclocked atleast )

I doubt that. Just trust us and go MSI or EVGA if you want the best :) You can't go wrong with those.