Is it possible to make a necklace out of a CPU?

asiancorruption

Well, i have this pentium from 10 years ago that was probably not dead when I took it out of my mom's old computer, but is definitely dead now. it was one of the first 64 bit cpus on the market I believe. and it has a 65 nm lithography, a tech fossil. Since it was the first computer that I remember, do you guys think it's possible to make it into a necklace?

If i drill into the thing with the narrowest drill bit I can find and drill in the corner, will the cpu spilt or something?  

You should be fine, people do this all the time.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

no

it wont

do you know what a cpu is made out of?

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

they do???

how do they drill into it?

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

Why don't you attach a loop onto the CPU instead of trying to drill into it?

Maybe... It sounds interesting.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

If it's made from Silicon, you can drill it with no problem. If it's made from Ceramic...that's a different case. You will need to buy a Diamond drill bit and drill it nice and slowly.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.6 GHz

Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus VII Hero

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32 GB @ 1903 MHz

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan X @ 1100 / 7030 MHz
Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D with the Ghetto LED 5000 lighting kit
Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO
PSU: Corsair AX1200i
Display: Dell P2415Q
Cooling: Corsair H100i
Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB (Cherry MX Reds)
Mouse: Sharkk MMO Pro

Spoiler
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550
Gigabyte GA-G41MT-S2PT
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev 2
G.Skill Value 8 GB (1333 MHz)
Cooler Master N200
Seagate Barracuda 1 TB
Insignia 300W
Windows 7 Enterprise

Spoiler
Intel Core i3 3240
Asus P8Z77-V LX
4790K stock cooler with Cooler Master HTK-002 thermal paste
Corsair XMS3 4 GB (1333 MHz)
Cooler Master HAF 912
Seagate Barracuda 1 TB
Thermaltake TR2 430W
Windows 10 Pro

Why don't you attach a loop onto the CPU instead of trying to drill into it?

where tho? theres no hole in it. Unless you have a different approach.

i thought that it was like a bunch of microcompacted diodes put together??

no, tell me, senpai 

its made out of yandere chans love for senpai

<3

so indestructable

If it's made from Silicon, you can drill it with no problem. If it's made from Ceramic...that's a different case. You will need to buy a Diamond drill bit and drill it nice and slowly.

any instant way to tell? the pentium is beside me and it weighs a bit more than what I'd initially thought

where tho? theres no hole in it. Unless you have a different approach.

Get some sort of loop that you can put a string through and superglue/solder it to the CPU.

they do???

how do they drill into it?

It's silicon, arsenic, gallium, and a few other elements that have been heated to an extreme into a solid piece. As a solid, it can be split, but with a fine enough bit it could work well.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

Get some sort of loop that you can put a string through and superglue/solder it to the CPU.

oh, thats actually not a bad idea. I can probably soldier a loop. 

But from ten years ago? It could be a ceramic CPU like my 2001 Celeron. 

It's silicon, arsenic, gallium, and a few other elements that have been heated to an extreme into a solid piece. As a solid, it can be split, but with a fine enough bit it could work well.

will the bits out of a decent electric drill be good enough? If not, I could probably go into wood shop and do it, I know how since I took it in grade 9. 

any instant way to tell? the pentium is beside me and it weighs a bit more than what I'd initially thought

If you have a tiled floor, tap each one and see if it makes the same sound. If not, try tapping it against something and it will most likely sound a bit like glass. I'm not good at describing that sound lol

For Silicon, it should feel kinda rough and smooth. Not sure how else to describe it sorry lol

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.6 GHz

Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus VII Hero

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32 GB @ 1903 MHz

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan X @ 1100 / 7030 MHz
Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D with the Ghetto LED 5000 lighting kit
Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO
PSU: Corsair AX1200i
Display: Dell P2415Q
Cooling: Corsair H100i
Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB (Cherry MX Reds)
Mouse: Sharkk MMO Pro

Spoiler
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550
Gigabyte GA-G41MT-S2PT
Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev 2
G.Skill Value 8 GB (1333 MHz)
Cooler Master N200
Seagate Barracuda 1 TB
Insignia 300W
Windows 7 Enterprise

Spoiler
Intel Core i3 3240
Asus P8Z77-V LX
4790K stock cooler with Cooler Master HTK-002 thermal paste
Corsair XMS3 4 GB (1333 MHz)
Cooler Master HAF 912
Seagate Barracuda 1 TB
Thermaltake TR2 430W
Windows 10 Pro

But from ten years ago? It could be a ceramic CPU like my 2001 Celeron. 

Do they still make cpus out of ceramic nowadays? if not, when did they stop and why?

Do they still make cpus out of ceramic nowadays? if not, when did they stop and why?

Not now. But 10 years ago? They made ceramic Celerons. Can we see a picture for verification?

Well, i have this pentium from 10 years ago that was probably not dead when I took it out of my mom's old computer, but is definitely dead now. it was one of the first 64 bit cpus on the market I believe. and it has a 65 nm lithography, a tech fossil. Since it was the first computer that I remember, do you guys think it's possible to make it into a necklace?

If i drill into the thing with the narrowest drill bit I can find and drill in the corner, will the cpu spilt or something?  

Yep, just drill through the corner as far inwards as you can, use as little pressure as possible, and just take it slow, the smaller the bit the better, you can slowly increase the size as you go if you need it to be larger.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

My old celeron is on a keychain right now. Easiest to drill through the green pcb right beside the heat spreader.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque euismod suscipit est, non placerat turpis vestibulum sed. Phasellus et faucibus odio. Donec a nisi at purus porttitor ullamcorper auctor a nibh. Integer id neque a nisi laoreet ultrices id ac augue. Nulla facilisi. Nullam purus elit, dictum quis euismod vitae, mollis non dui. Morbi vehicula neque eu mattis bibendum. Curabitur sed odio tortor. Sed euismod mi in diam volutpat, vitae convallis ipsum mattis. Praesent eleifend faucibus pulvinar. Interdum et malesuada fames ac ante ipsum primis in faucibus. Vestibulum velit nunc, fermentum a libero a, venenatis tempus lectus.

Not now. But 10 years ago? They made ceramic Celerons. Can we see a picture for verification?

8d09dd16e434ebc6edca0a9c01ce0aaf.jpg

Dont mind the mess of thermal paste on it. My uncle rebuilt the pc for my mom a few years back and holy shit, he must've sqeezed half a tube on it.

Once you are done with the drill bit you should put that on the necklace as well :D

Yep, just drill through the corner as far inwards as you can, use as little pressure as possible, and just take it slow, the smaller the bit the better, you can slowly increase the size as you go if you need it to be larger.

I'll need a really small bit as seen above.