best brand r9 390?

danstark1243

im building a new machine and am looking at the r9 390 for the graphics card, and i was wondering if any one had advice as to which brand ie. msi, sapphire or what not i should get and for what reason. thanks in advance. 

im building a new machine and am looking at the r9 390 for the graphics card, and i was wondering if any one had advice as to which brand ie. msi, sapphire or what not i should get and for what reason. thanks in advance. 

MSI they are quiet, have decent customer service and run cool and decently fast

<p>Wish I could have this already!! : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qTLRjX

Sapphire makes the best 390 IMO

Hello there, fellow dark theme users

"Be excellent to each other and party on dudes." - Abraham Lincoln    #wiiumasterrace

MSI 390 Gaming 8GB is the best 390 card out there for OC.

The Sapphire is longer than the MSI Gaming card and has no blackplate.

MSI 390 Gaming 8GB is the best 390 card out there for OC.

The Sapphire is longer than the MSI Gaming card and has no blackplate.

Really? check this out. Nitro 390 OC with the stock backplate.

IMG_0194_zpsnuhxnjx3.jpg

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Really? check this out. Nitro 390 OC with the stock backplate.

IMG_0194_zpsnuhxnjx3.jpg

whats the bottom card? Im trying to back a black/blue build. This would be perfect!

whats the bottom card? Im trying to back a black/blue build. This would be perfect!

Vapor-X 290, bad ass card. I wanted to run 2 of them but couldn't find one under 350us. So I got the Nitro 390.

The Vapor-X has a sexier back plate, and load LEDs built in. And the temp LEDs.

hey, I have a possible build that includes one Nitro r9 390. I love the looks of that vapor card, but would I be better off to stick with the r9 390? =/

hey, I have a possible build that includes one Nitro r9 390. I love the looks of that vapor card, but would I be better off to stick with the r9 390? =/

The difference in performance is there, but negligible. There's the obvious memory difference but I've honestly not see a situation where I needed it, and have no concerns in crossfire limited to the 4g because of the 290. As you can see in the picture a 750w PSU is fine, and temperatures are kept in check with 10 very carefully placed fans. I wouldn't shed a tear only running the 290, I spend 99% of my time with just the 390 as it can max any game, including Witcher 3 using ultra settings and some Hairworks. Fallout 4 is a total mess but I'm waiting for a driver before I judge that any further.

In conclusion, I don't regret ether purchase and I'm glad I have them both. Great cards on their own and in crossfire. You can't go wrong with ether or both.

I think I may just stick with the 390, to keep it more current.. but that is a great looking card!

Does the r9 have any LEDs by chance? :)

I think I may just stick with the 390, to keep it more current.. but that is a great looking card!

Does the r9 have any LEDs by chance? :)

Only LED on the Nitro is the bios button, just one bright blue LED towards the back. The Nitro is very understated. The Vapor X definitely has more bling.