iPad Pro or iPad Air 2 for gaming and productivity for next 3 years?

asim1999

I want my iPad to last aat least though to final year of college. My iPad 3 now needs upgrading because it is 3 years old, slow and the screen is literally peeling off. My dad can get 20% off due to getting back tax, and i can get it for 10% off on Black Friday (typical Aplle offer here in the UK). 

Most of my friends bring in a laptop to school now, so i want to do the same (my laptop is crap, so i gave it to my mom cos it crashes when i write essays). 

This will come out of my pocket, so i have to decide on either one as my parents (cos their cheap Asians) will not pay for it,despite most of my friends getting free iPhone 6S's and iPads, and their siblings do not get away with breaking their screens and still being allowed to use their damn devices (thats how my iPad broke as my irresponsible 7 year old sister broke it and is still allowed to use it without my consent even though i am the one of payed the full $800+ dollars for it.

Rant over

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

If you're using it for productivity I would go with the Pro because small screens are really annoying to work on and you can get the keyboard thingy which is good for writing essays & stuff. Then again, for the price of an ipad pro you could buy a laptop which I would do, but if you want an ipad I would go with the pro.

Pro Tip: don't use flash when taking pictures of your build; use a longer exposure instead. Prop up your camera with something (preferably a tripod) if necessary.

if you use retarded/autistic/etc to mean stupid please gtfo

I would get a surface if you want productivity. Making a tablet bigger but still putting a limited mobile os isn't going to make it more useful. Is the ipad pro powerful? yes, but since it's running IOS, can you really justify paying more for the same experience, but bigger?

If you're using it for productivity I would go with the Pro because small screens are really annoying to work on and you can get the keyboard thingy which is good for writing essays & stuff. Then again, for the price of an ipad pro you could buy a laptop which I would do, but if you want an ipad I would go with the pro.

Sure. i just feel jealous of the kids that get their stuff for free. 

Also, my parents are refusing to replace my phone due to being forced to upgrade by EE. My phone overheats and i almost burnt myself once (reached 81 celcius internally and was about to pick it up. Luckily checked internal temps using CPU-Z. Waited 5 minutes to cool down, the table and phone still felt hot and there was condensation). This was in school BTW 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

I would get a surface if you want productivity. Making a tablet bigger but still putting a limited mobile os isn't going to make it more useful. Is the ipad pro powerful? yes, but since it's running IOS, can you really justify paying more for the same experience, but bigger?

Either that or wait for the Air 3, which i cant do due to their dilemma i am in. 

When it is supposed to get released anyway?

"iPad for gaming"

Yes that dude does exist. My phone is crap and i cant take my massive £1500 tower to school....

Yes that dude does exist. My phone is crap and i cant take my massive £1500 tower to school....

Ever consider an ipad mini? they're probably fine for what you want to do.

Ever consider an ipad mini? they're probably fine for what you want to do.

But the GPU isnt that great or future-proof. It has iPhone hardware powering a near 1440p screen 

I assume you are not open to products outside of Apple? If you are, a surface pro 3 or 4 would suit your needs perfectly.

Between the 2 ipads... If you need a full size keyboard (I assume you do for school) or want to handwrite notes then the ipad pro fits better. But having said that, I do not recommend the ipad pro to anyone unless they have money to throw away. For university my surface pros got me through it. I was always helping people who brought ipads or other tablets because they couldn't connect to a projector, USB drive or print etc

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |