Seriously Messed up my PC when daul booting Linux

Gary7
Go to solution Solved by Goodman2265,

DELETE EVRYTHING CLEAN INSTALL AND USE OLD WINDOWS KEY

that simple lol

Ok heres what happened

Phase 1: The Derp

1. Deleted recovery partition on my windows 10 machine in compliance with Linux partition limit (i had 5)
  2. Installed Linux mint on my Windows 10 machine (dual boot) and created a bootloader with EasyBCD
  3. Deleted my boot files with EasyBCD by accident
  4. Black screen "windows cannot find boot file etc" so i couldnt use the PC

Phase 2: The fix

1. Created a recovery drive from my brothers toshiba windows 10 laptop (used to have 8.1)
  2. Recovered windows on my own machine
  3. For some reason I now have windows 8.1 on this machine

Phase 3: The problem

1. The windows recovery installed Windows 8.1 on my custom built PC with some Toshiba bloatware I cant remove (password utility, KeNotify, toshiba system settings)
  2. There is no option to upgrade to windows 10 after applying the updates

At this point im not sure if I've just messed everything up beyond fixing and will be stuck with toshiba shitware everytime i upgrade my OS.

that simple lol

CPU: A8-5600K GPU: MSI RX 480 GAMING X 4GB MOBO: ASUS A55BM-PLUS 

RAM: 2x 4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 1.25V PSU: Corsair CX430 CASE: Enermax Ostrog Windowed STORAGE: PNY CS1111 120GB / Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM OS: Windows 10 Pro & macOS Sierra 10.12.3

that simple lol

Dont even have the OEM key that came on the machine T_T I know...

is there a sticker on PC saying key

CPU: A8-5600K GPU: MSI RX 480 GAMING X 4GB MOBO: ASUS A55BM-PLUS 

RAM: 2x 4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 1.25V PSU: Corsair CX430 CASE: Enermax Ostrog Windowed STORAGE: PNY CS1111 120GB / Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM OS: Windows 10 Pro & macOS Sierra 10.12.3

If you had successfully activated Windows 10 (Legit Copy) then you only need to clean install. You don't even need a product key. Microsoft already knows your machine and will automatically link it to their database as soon as you get online. I have done a few clean installs on my various machines and never had a problem.

Im downloading 10 using the media creation tool. It hasnt asked me for a key though. Im afraid even if I do a clean install Ill still get all the toshiba bloatware..

Im downloading 10 using the media creation tool. It hasnt asked me for a key though. Im afraid even if I do a clean install Ill still get all the toshiba bloatware..

if you had windows 10 on the pc

you don't need a key anymore

just put 10 on it and it will auto activate 

It is a legit copy that I reserved and installed on this machine. Is there somewhere I can download another copy of win10 using the win7 key i activated it on?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/software-download/windows10

Everything you need is there. Just make sure you download the correct edtition through the media creation tool. If you previously had Windows 10 Home, you can't download Pro it won't work. Besides that. everything is straightforward. When it asks you for a key, simply skip that step. It will automatically link your machine to Microsoft's database.

Thanks guys ill let you know how I get on after installation

Hey Guys, 

Just installed a fresh windows 10. No bloat ware and working perfectly thanks so much for all the help!

Dont even have the OEM key that came on the machine T_T I know...

Yes but, do you have the CD install disk because you can sort out partitions and boot problems and stuff from booting into that.

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz