Who here a actually had first hand experience with a case they recommend?

KarateHottie93

Just curious. I have a feeling most wouldn't admit to it though. I've done it; If I research everything about a case I haven't used or built in, but feel it looks like a viable option I will invite others to research and look into it as an option. With that being said, I never just declare it best based off reviews and word of mouth from others.

Have you ever blatantly stated that "X" case was better than "Y" case as if it was a fact without first hand user experience? I ask this cause I seen a bunch of people recommend an Enthoo Pro over a Storm Stryker here earlier as if it was the only reasonable option. They stated no points other than aesthetics though. What leads you to justify giving advice like that? Especially when both cases have five star "expert" reviews but "Y" case has generally better verified consumer reviews...

I just feel as if somebody is about to blow $150+ on a component and ask for advice, people should be a bit more responsible about what they say or not even reply.

Edit: So the Luxe is better cause the Storm Trooper has high end plastic used aesthetically that's coating steel? I find that pretty funny. It's likely also used so the lan case won't weight 40 pounds. The actual steel frame of the case is thicker than that of the Luxe. Once again, people stating things based off nothing as if they are facts.

Galax/Sapphire fanboy for life!

Hall Of Fame ♕ Owner's Club

Always supporting Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida!

Mine. Minimal cable management, it's a bitch to work in, but I love it anyway. 

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

Just curious. I have a feeling most wouldn't admit to it though. I've done it; If I research everything about a case I haven't used or built in, but feel it looks like a viable option I will invite others to research and look into it as an option. With that being said, I never just declare it best based off reviews and word of mouth from others.

Have you ever blatantly stated that "X" case was better than "Y" case as if it was a fact without first hand user experience? I ask this cause I seen a bunch of people recommend an Enthoo Pro over a Storm Stryker here earlier as if it was the only reasonable option. They stated no points other than aesthetics though. What leads you to justify giving advice like that? Especially when both cases have five star "expert" reviews but "Y" case has generally better verified consumer reviews...

I just feel as if somebody is about to blow $150+ on a component and ask for advice, people should be a bit more responsible about what they say or not even reply.

Don't start another topic. It's against rules. A lot of us are rocking Phanteks gear, it's top notch, and every reviewer on YouTube drools over them.

Fractal Design Define R4. Lots of cable management space. Poor rad compatibility though. And it weighs about 30 pounds just by itself. Seriously, the steel on this thing... I would have burned out more cutting wheels if that dampening material wasn't there. If your house burns down and this is lost in the blaze, your components will roast, but the R4 will probably survive. Because it's a freaking truck.

You don't necessarily need first hand experience to express an opinion on something. Which is what people do on an internet forum, where they got that opinion from is kinda up to you to determine.

If you are looking for recommendations, factor in the quality of the reply in your decision. Somebody with first hand experience of a product will usually say so in their reply.

NZXT cases are pretty much all the same, at least their newest ones. 

I'd highly recommend the Noctis 450, its the best case i've heard of and have used.

It has cable management, awesome drive bays, awesome SSD trays on top of the basement, it has LEDs if you're into that. It has a lot of airflow and it has the looks.

It's a great case, with the second runner up being the H440 along with the S340

NZXT cases are pretty much all the same, at least their newest ones. 

I'd highly recommend the Noctis 450, its the best case i've heard of and have used.

It has cable management, awesome drive bays, awesome SSD trays on top of the basement, it has LEDs if you're into that. It has a lot of airflow and it has the looks.

It's a great case, with the second runner up being the H440 along with the S340

I was looking at the Noctis, how bright is the underglow please?

My build : http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/Ck8VkL

[spoiler spoiler=Crimson Skyline]  My build: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/Ck8VkL | I5-6600K | Hyper 212 Evo | Asus Z170 Pro Gaming + ROG Front Base | Axevir Core Series Red 2X8 2400 | Sandisk SSD Plus 240 GB | Western Digital 1TB Blue | MSI R9 390 | Corsair 760T | Corsair 850 RMI | Dell U2515H IPS | Hyper X II Cloud Red | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech G602 |

[spoiler spoiler=Laptop] I7 3232QM | Nvidia GT635M | 17.6" TN | 1TB HD | 6GB RAM

Don't start another topic. It's against rules. A lot of us are rocking Phanteks gear, it's top notch, and every reviewer on YouTube drools over them.

How am I doing anything against the rules? It's not a spinoff topic, it was just used as an example.

You can't state opinions based off word of mouth like they are facts, especially when both cases are extremely viable and beat each other in certain areas.

How am I doing anything against the rules? It's not a spinoff topic, it was just used as an example.

You can't state opinions based off word of mouth like they are facts, especially when both cases are extremely viable and beat each other in certain areas.

Im currently in an Enthoo primo, Phanteks cases are the same but get smaller, all of the Coolaermaster gaming series cases suck, (not talking about master case 5). They're plastic, and laid out horridly. I've built in the storm trooper and I told my sisters friend to sell it or I'll never do any upgrades to it

You don't necessarily need first hand experience to express an opinion on something. Which is what people do on an internet forum, where they got that opinion from is kinda up to you to determine.

If you are looking for recommendations, factor in the quality of the reply in your decision. Somebody with first hand experience of a product will usually say so in their reply.

Nothing wrong with that. My problem is people stating word of mouth opinions as facts. It's not like it was Enthoo Pro vs Raidmaxx Vampire. It was two extremely high end cases in a similar price bracket that both go great expert reviews. If you're gonna state something as fact, at least give a reason.

Im currently in an Enthoo primo, Phanteks cases are the same but get smaller, all of the Coolaermaster gaming series cases suck, (not talking about master case 5). They're plastic, and laid out horridly. I've built in the storm trooper and I told my sisters friend to sell it or I'll never do any upgrades to it

They are plastic on the outside. The internal frame is actually thicker. They aren't gonna put extra weight on a hugh full tower lan case. It's not cheap plastic either. It's very high quality and every bit of it used is coating steel.

Ordering a master case 5 because I can always add something if I need it instead of getting a new case. So I like that. :D 

01101100 01110110 01101100 00100000 00110101 00100000 01101101 01100001 01100111 01101001 01101011 01100001 01110010 01110000 

I was looking at the Noctis, how bright is the underglow please?

Fairly bright, bright enough that you can definitely see it in a lit room.

That's how mine looks like.with the light on

22899044296_072caac42d_z.jpg

They are plastic on the outside. The internal frame is actually thicker. They aren't gonna put extra weight on a hugh full tower lan case. It's not cheap plastic either. It's very high quality and every bit of it used is coating steel.

It's still Plastic [emoji23]. Phanteks has the case game down right now

Fairly bright, bright enough that you can definitely see it in a lit room.

That's how mine looks like.with the light on

22899044296_072caac42d_z.jpg

Nice, thanks for taking the time to snap a photo!

[spoiler spoiler=Crimson Skyline]  My build: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/Ck8VkL | I5-6600K | Hyper 212 Evo | Asus Z170 Pro Gaming + ROG Front Base | Axevir Core Series Red 2X8 2400 | Sandisk SSD Plus 240 GB | Western Digital 1TB Blue | MSI R9 390 | Corsair 760T | Corsair 850 RMI | Dell U2515H IPS | Hyper X II Cloud Red | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech G602 |

[spoiler spoiler=Laptop] I7 3232QM | Nvidia GT635M | 17.6" TN | 1TB HD | 6GB RAM

Nice, thanks for taking the time to snap a photo!

no problem! only issues i have with the case is that the front and top panel removal is a little...  Tricky, they're supposed to pop out but they get stuck... on something, that something is yet to be discovered.

no problem! only issues i have with the case is that the front and top panel removal is a little...  Tricky, they're supposed to pop out but they get stuck... on something, that something is yet to be discovered.

Would that only affect a modder?

Would that only affect a modder?

It's only going to affect you if you need to install extra fans. As far as i remember the only tricky one is the front one. The top one is a bit more sturdy so it's easier to remove.

It's only going to affect you if you need to install extra fans. As far as i remember the only tricky one is the front one. The top one is a bit more sturdy so it's easier to remove.

Thanks!

The only retail case I've ever built anything in was the Antec Three Hundred Two. Good times. Good case.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

I almost always recommend the Air 540, and I own it so......theres that.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Fractal Design Define R4. Lots of cable management space. Poor rad compatibility though. And it weighs about 30 pounds just by itself. Seriously, the steel on this thing... I would have burned out more cutting wheels if that dampening material wasn't there. If your house burns down and this is lost in the blaze, your components will roast, but the R4 will probably survive. Because it's a freaking truck.

Still wouldn't beat a nokia 3310.

It's still Plastic [emoji23]. Phanteks has the case game down right now

They don't just have the "case game down right now". They literally changed it and the make amazing cases. I love the Enthoo Pro and think it's the best case to recommend to anyone whether on a budget or not. A case of that quality and size for $100 was unheard of until they came along. That thread reallly bothered me a lot though, as do many that turn out like that. The Storm Stryker is a perfectly viable alternative to the Luxe and there is no reason to say either is a for sure better buy.

Edit: So the Luxe is better cause the Storm Trooper has high end plastic used aesthetically that's coating steel? I find that pretty funny. It's likely also used so the lan case won't weight 40 pounds. The actual steel frame of the case is thicker than that of the Luxe. Once again, people stating things based off nothing as if they are facts.

You just indirectly expressed the stryker as the better choice without first hand experience!

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.8ghz  Motherboard: Gigabyte G1.SNIPER 5 Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Storage: Kingston V300 Series 240GB Storage: Western Digital Red Pro 3TB Video Card: 2x(SLI) Asus GeForce GTX 780 3GB DirectCU II @ 1410mhz / 1600mhz Case: Corsair 760T White Power Supply:  AX1200i  Buildlog: [ Build Log ] Black and Green build