HELP, Building a new desktop for gaming purposes.

First and foremost, I don't know which motherboard to buy I have a budget of 100usd and below. I have already decided to buy intel i5-4690K for my cpu and XFX radeon R9 390 for my gpu. Secondly which PSU should I need to buy? Lastly I am using a cardboard as a case, the reason is using a cardboard have more customizability and it is cheap as I do not want to spend money on cases. But I have a major problem, how do I create a power button so that I can click to start up the system as cardboard do not come with a power button. Second reason I am using a cardboard because I want to laser cut my own design and how cool would that be? Please help as this is my first time building. Thank you in advance!

So here's what you should do for motherboard, PSU and case.

First get this, it's Z97 supports overclocking, and supports your CPU and RAM. Secondly, for the PSU you should look at either the EVGA 500B or 600B as they both have outstanding reviews and a relatively cheap for what you get. Then finally skip the cardboard and get the cheapest case you can, I recently took a look at the Xion Performance MATX tower and it's pretty great and I'd definitely consider it- it's 23$ has USB 2.0, 3.0 and can handle a long GPU.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

But I really want to produced in to the cardboard project which is quite easy to make but I only encounter the power button problem.

I would simply find and I identify the two pins on the front panel header that are for the power switch. Then I would go to any remaining radio shack and get yourself a small button or spring switch and simply wire them up.