Hamachi for minecraft??

mr moose

My son is a mad minecraft player and has multiple mod packs and add-ons installed for it.  He also plays halflife 2 and wants me to get him gary's mod.

Now the problem I have is that I do not want to put my credit card details into the steam account on his computer to purchase games while all this other minecraft stuff that I don't understand is on there.  The one that concerns me the most is Hamachi, it seems to have created it's own network connection. Is this program secure and/or safe or should I uninstall it before I update the steam account? Am I being paranoid?

Any information on this is greatly appreciated.

cheers

Moose

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Hamachi is secure to an extent, it's ok to have it one there. Minecraft and his mods have nothing to do with steam.

hello

Uh hamachi im not a big fan of , if i were you i would buy him a 10$/month sub to a minecraft server host , many good host out there.If you use paypal with your credit card and want to check out though steam it will ALWAYS ask you for your paypal password so he cannot buy games freely, but i always do recommend checking your credit card atleast weekly and make sure he isnt "steeling" 

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

My son is a mad minecraft player and has multiple mod packs and add-ons installed for it.  He also plays halflife 2 and wants me to get him gary's mod.

Now the problem I have is that I do not want to put my credit card details into the steam account on his computer to purchase games while all this other minecraft stuff that I don't understand is on there.  The one that concerns me the most is Hamachi, it seems to have created it's own network connection. Is this program secure and/or safe or should I uninstall it before I update the steam account? Am I being paranoid?

cheers

Moose

My friend uses it when we play minecraft on his server. It's a workaround if you cannot get access to your router's settings to fiddle with portforwarding and stuff. It should be fine.

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

cheers

Moose

Hamachi has nothing to do with steam, also. to stop card payments, try getting the Steam cards 

steam-wallet-cards.jpg

Minecraft and it's mods also have nothing to do with steam

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

Thanks guys, I knew it had nothing todo with steam, but I didn't know if it was a security risk or not. I thought it might have been a hacked up or poorly coded minecraft mod that could be compromised with malware.

Steam card is a great Idea, can they be bodged if he screws up at the check out?

P.S I am not worried about him stealing or anything like that, he is Autistic and follows the rules to the letter. <Literally to the letter B)

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Thanks guys, I knew it had nothing todo with steam, but I didn't know if it was a security risk or not. I thought it might have been a hacked up or poorly coded minecraft mod that could be compromised with malware.

Steam card is a great Idea, can they be bodged if he screws up at the check out?

P.S I am not worried about him stealing or anything like that, he is Autistic and follows the rules to the letter. <Literally to the letter B)

Steam wallet cards are pretty much gift codes, you redeem the code in steam, and you've got that set amount. You can purchase a game for that price or lower and the cash will stay associated with the steam account the code was redeemed on. 

It's pretty handy if you're trading in console games :D

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

Thanks guys, been a great help. 

you can make a purchase and not save the details of the card on steam.

that's what I do, it forces me to enter my data and card info everytime I buy a game through steam.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

you can make a purchase and not save the details of the card on steam.

that's what I do, it forces me to enter my data and card info everytime I buy a game through steam.

but then it makes you think about what your going to buy. Where is the fun in that. :lol: