Minecraft on PS4

Lamb

It was just announced at gamescom that Minecraft will be available on PS4!

What are your thoughts?

CPU: RYZEN 5 2600   Motherboard: MSI B450I GAMING PLUS AC   Memory: CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 16GB 3200MHZ   Storage: TEAM GROUP MP33 1TB

GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW   Case: COOLER MASTER NR200P   PSU: CORSAIR SF600   Mouse: G PRO WIRELESS   Keyboard: ANNE PRO 2

Just saw that

But i cant get MC on other things They just cant have all the fun items

I am a happy wuffy

My thoughts are that there will be many ports. :) Both ways. Thats good.

I tried playing minecraft on a console once and it was just really awkward and not fun and this was when I was a console gamer but I played minecraft on a laptop, I really don't think a controller work well with minecraft and I don't really care for the new consoles, I guess its nice for anyway who gets a ps4 to be able to play minecraft with there friends

| 3570k @ 4.4.ghz | Hyper 212 evo | 8GB (2x4GB) 1600mhz Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte Z77X UD3H | Corsair CX750M | Corsair 300R | OCZ 240GB SSD | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD | Asus DCUII 7950 @1150mhz core 1600mhz mem

| BenQ XL2411T | Corsair Vengeance K60 | Logitech G700 | steelseries Qck+ | Fiio E10 | Zalman clip on mic | HD 598 | ATH-M50 |

Not a suprise. Still better to play on pc though.

Definitely. It will not be as good as PC. (No mods, etc.)

CPU: RYZEN 5 2600   Motherboard: MSI B450I GAMING PLUS AC   Memory: CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 16GB 3200MHZ   Storage: TEAM GROUP MP33 1TB

GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW   Case: COOLER MASTER NR200P   PSU: CORSAIR SF600   Mouse: G PRO WIRELESS   Keyboard: ANNE PRO 2

My thoughts are that I do NOT care. PC is still the ultimate platform...

PS4 tottaly burned xbox on the forum but i forgot the quote they said.

I am a happy wuffy

People who play minecraft one the Xbox 360 now seem to think that no one plays minecraft one pc anymore, its annoying, good to see PS4 getting good things to 1up xbox with, Twitch etc.

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

Definitely. It will not be as good as PC. (No mods, etc.)

It would be cool for them to try to implement mods, custom maps and those types of things. I think minecraft is a big enough game that it would be worth it just because it has such a huge fan base.

Well, MinecRift is the thing we should be happy about :P 

In my opinion this is great news for me since all of my friends are too terrified to "bite the bullet" and actually try PC gaming.... -_- So we can mess around on PS4 Minecraft.

That would be genuinely fantastic.

I just think it's very silly that the console version is so behind the PC version. I'm primarily a PC gamer but there is no excuse at this point to have other platforms of the same game so far behind.

I just think it's very silly that the console version is so behind the PC version. I'm primarily a PC gamer but there is no excuse at this point to have other platforms of the same game so far behind.

The reason is simple.

Microsoft.

Every update that 4J Studios makes needs to go through a lengthy period of testing by Microsoft. So it takes absolutely forever for them to actually update the game whatsoever.

Hopefully the update process will be expedited on the PlayStation versions of the game. That would be quite nice.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

The reason is simple.

Microsoft.

Every update that 4J Studios makes needs to go through a lengthy period of testing by Microsoft. So it takes absolutely forever for them to actually update the game whatsoever.

Hopefully the update process will be expedited on the PlayStation versions of the game. That would be quite nice.

Then if Sony can allow companies to update their games on the fly thus allowing people on PC and PS4 to play together, then Microsoft will have to man up otherwise people will switch platforms. I know many people who'd love to have this and would easily switch over to a different console to have this experience.

Then if Sony can allow companies to update their games on the fly thus allowing people on PC and PS4 to play together, then Microsoft will have to man up otherwise people will switch platforms. I know many people who'd love to have this and would easily switch over to a different console to have this experience.

Indeed.

Did you hear of a game called Defiance? It was a sci-fi shooter MMO type game on PS3, Xbox 360 and PC developed by Trion games and set in the same world as SyFy's Defiance show. Anyway, the developers reportedly had it set up to support cross-platform play between each of the platforms. Problem is Microsoft then apparently told them it was not allowed and went on to force them into even region locking the game.

Meanwhile Sony apparently had no qualms with the cross platform compatibility, and the PS3 and PC versions of the game were region-fee. I think that speaks a lot about Microsoft's attitude, really.

Indeed.

Did you hear of a game called Defiance? It was a sci-fi shooter MMO type game on PS3, Xbox 360 and PC developed by Trion games and set in the same world as SyFy's Defiance show. Anyway, the developers reportedly had it set up to support cross-platform play between each of the platforms. Problem is Microsoft then apparently told them it was not allowed and went on to force them into even region locking the game.

Meanwhile Sony apparently had no qualms with the cross platform compatibility, and the PS3 and PC versions of the game were region-fee. I think that speaks a lot about Microsoft's attitude, really.

I have heard of the game Defiance. I'm not into MMO's myself, but it looked like a decent game. Well it appears that we have a perfect example. I wouldn't be surprised at this point if Microsoft said no to this in the future, just another reason to go Sony this time around.

I have heard of the game Defiance. I'm not into MMO's myself, but it looked like a decent game. Well it appears that we have a perfect example. I wouldn't be surprised at this point if Microsoft said no to this in the future, just another reason to go Sony this time around.

I entirely agree.

With Steve Balmer going soon and Don Mattrick having jumped ship to Zynga, I'm hopeful that Microsoft can bring in some new people who can steer the company in the right direction. They need a product-focused visionary akin to Steve Jobs and not another businessman obsessed with paperwork. Microsoft is a massive company with some of the most intelligent, passionate and creative individuals on this planet working for them. But I've felt for years that the employees and the company itself has been held back by a CEO without a vision or plan.

Maybe I'm just being optimistic and nothing will change. But I'm hopeful a lot will. :)

I thought that it was confirmed before Gamescom. It maybe a rumor is what I remember not an official announcement.

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."