My first x99 build

Predrag

Hello, I was thinking about building an x99 platform with the 5820k for the juicy 6 cores and 12 threads. I don't really need a good graphics card, so please don't correct me there.

Also, I will add an hdd when the time comes, but i can live with an ssd for pretty long as I'm not an editor or any of that sort. I also plan on upgrading the ram if needed. I will copy the OS from my laptop and won't use an optical drive. 

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/m6kxzy

I just want your opinion, since I don't know as much as you do ;3

Hello, I was thinking about building an x99 platform with the 5820k for the juicy 6 cores and 12 threads. I don't really need a good graphics card, so please don't correct me there.

Also, I will add an hdd when the time comes, but i can live with an ssd for pretty long as I'm not an editor or any of that sort. I also plan on upgrading the ram if needed. I will copy the OS from my laptop and won't use an optical drive. 

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/m6kxzy

I just want your opinion, since I don't know as much as you do ;3

Welcome to the Forum.

What do you need the massive amounts of processing power for? And if we're comparing it, going with a 750 Ti and a 5820k  is completely off in my opinion.

Also, please don't go with a Kingston V300. No. Go with a Samsung 850 Evo instead.

Lastly, get the Linus edition NF-F12 if you can (:

Sig under construction.

You don't need a good gpu and you don't edit? You need 6 cores for web surfing?

Spoiler

CPU: i7-5820k @ 4.4GHz Motherboard: Asus X99 Strix  Graphics Card: Gigabyte 980Ti G1 Gaming Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury 24GB (3x 8GB) Hard Drive: 1TB WD Green SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 250GB CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Power Supply: EVGA G2 850W Case: Corsair 400c Mouse: Logitech G502 Keyboard: Asus Strix (mx reds)  Monitor: BenQ XL2730Z 1440p@144hz OS: Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit Laptops: Lenovo Y50-70: i7-4720HQ - 16GB RAM - 256GB SSD - GTX 960m 4GB - MacBook Pro (Early 2016) 2,0GHz i5 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD Phone: iPhone 7+

You don't need a good gpu and you don't edit? You need 6 cores for web surfing?

I'll have you know that redtube have upgraded their video sections and web player, so a 6core will come in handy there....

@Op

As previously suggested, Samsung or Sandisk or Intel SSD, also what are you going to be using this PC for, perhaps we can create a better setup for you?

7800x3d - RTX 4090 FE - 64GB-6000C30 - 2x2TB 990 Pro - 4K 144HZ

PCPP: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mdRcqR

if you dont edit then why do you need that 5820k?

RIG #14670k @4.4 / 1.25v vcore. @ 4.5 / 1.3v vcore/ 1.95v vccin. MSI GAMING 4G GTX 970 @1540/3700 1.275v BIOS MOD. 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage RAM 2400mhz. MSI GAMING 5 Z97 MOBOFractal Design Define S. Dark Rock Pro 3. 850 EVO 250GB Seasonic M12II 620w
RIG #2: 4790k @ 4.6 / 1.25v vcore. EVGA SC ACX 2.0 980 SLI16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz. Asus MAXIMUS VII Hero Z97. Fractal Design Define R5. NH D15. 850 EVO 250GB AX 860

Welcome to the Forum.

What do you need the massive amounts of processing power for? And if we're comparing it, going with a 750 Ti and a 5820k  is completely off in my opinion.

Also, please don't go with a Kingston V300. No. Go with a Samsung 850 Evo instead.

Lastly, get the Linus edition NF-F12 if you can (:

I know. I said I will upgrade the machine as fast as possible.

Thank you, I will. On that note intel vs Samsung?

I tried buut in middle EU they aren't really available :C

that still doesnt explain why you need a 5820k.

RIG #14670k @4.4 / 1.25v vcore. @ 4.5 / 1.3v vcore/ 1.95v vccin. MSI GAMING 4G GTX 970 @1540/3700 1.275v BIOS MOD. 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage RAM 2400mhz. MSI GAMING 5 Z97 MOBOFractal Design Define S. Dark Rock Pro 3. 850 EVO 250GB Seasonic M12II 620w
RIG #2: 4790k @ 4.6 / 1.25v vcore. EVGA SC ACX 2.0 980 SLI16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz. Asus MAXIMUS VII Hero Z97. Fractal Design Define R5. NH D15. 850 EVO 250GB AX 860

Samsung 850 EVO will be the answer, it is cheaper than the Intel SSDs in europe, and also performs just as well as the Samsung Pro and the Sandisk Extreme in most cases.

Alright, Samsung it is.

For those asking why, I need to get a lot of engineering work done, like 3d modeling, multitasking, browsing huge files of excel but i dont want to go over 1100€. I know that seems a little out of place but trust me after some upgrading this will be a perfect workstation for everything.

I just wanted to ask if there were any odd bits and parts like that ssd.

Ooh, also, have you guys had trouble with valueRam before? Linus uses it all the time.

Ooh, also, have you guys had trouble with valueRam before? Linus uses it all the time.

Couldn't say, I usually use Corsair or G.Skill ram.

The Corsair Vengeance is pretty cheap and a good line of RAM

Alright, Samsung it is.

For those asking why, I need to get a lot of engineering work done, like 3d modeling, multitasking, browsing huge files of excel but i dont want to go over 1100€. I know that seems a little out of place but trust me after some upgrading this will be a perfect workstation for everything.

I just wanted to ask if there were any odd bits and parts like that ssd.

I would suggest upping the Ram to 16GB. Go with a 4 x 4GB Kit.

Also swap the psu for the better G2 or GS version. A 550W will be enough.

And as mentioned above, change that SSD to something better. The Crucial BX100 is usually pretty cheap.

I would suggest upping the Ram to 16GB. Go with a 4 x 4GB Kit.

Also swap the psu for the better G2 or GS version. A 550W will be enough.

And as mentioned above, change that SSD to something better. The Crucial BX100 is usually pretty cheap.

I did think about upping the ram, storage, gpu and ssd.

Thank you, I will probably go with a g2 then.

I did think about upping the ram, storage, gpu and ssd.

Thank you, I will probably go with a g2 then.

The extra Ram will be useful when you are doing 3D modelling.

The extra Ram will be useful when you are doing 3D modelling.

I planned on later adding 64gb for the best performance.

I planned on later adding 64gb for the best performance.

That ASRock board only has 4 Ram slots. I would go for one with 8 slots if you want 64GB Ram.