Best Z97 motherboard in 130-160$ range?

overco

the sli krait is excelent quality. anyway the motherboard really doesnot effect your overclocking potential on haswell that much. 

CPU: I7 8700k @ 5ghz | Motherboard: Asus Z370-Prime | RAM: White Crucial balistix DDR4 2133mhz | GPU: GTX 1080TI | Storage: ssd HyperX 240gig, 2x2tb seagate Firecuda 1tb, BPX 480 gig nvme, 1tb sandisk ssd  | Cooling: Custom loop | PSU: Evga supernova 850w G2 | Case: Phanteks enthoo evolv atx black White modded | system theme: White/RGB/Weiss

the sli krait is excelent quality. anyway the motherboard really doesnot effect your overclocking potential on haswell that much. 

Yep, considering I can get my 4790K to hit its limit (without sub zero cooling on a Z97 motherboard) of 4.8GHz on an Asus H87M Pro (and that's only because of the FIVR in Haswell/Broadwell).. 

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Yep, considering I can get my 4790K to hit its limit (without sub zero cooling on a Z97 motherboard) of 4.8GHz on an Asus H87M Pro (and that's only because of the FIVR in Haswell/Broadwell).. 

So it isn't worth upgrading my motherboard just for extra features and stuff?

So it isn't worth upgrading my motherboard just for extra features and stuff?

nope. ur cpu is already pretty decent to be stabe at 4.7 ghz at 1.24v. your not nearly pushing the potential of your motherboard already. you might find more use by spending your money on some sort of AIO cooler and pushing ur cpu a little harder instead of buying a mobo.

CPU: I7 8700k @ 5ghz | Motherboard: Asus Z370-Prime | RAM: White Crucial balistix DDR4 2133mhz | GPU: GTX 1080TI | Storage: ssd HyperX 240gig, 2x2tb seagate Firecuda 1tb, BPX 480 gig nvme, 1tb sandisk ssd  | Cooling: Custom loop | PSU: Evga supernova 850w G2 | Case: Phanteks enthoo evolv atx black White modded | system theme: White/RGB/Weiss

nope. ur cpu is already pretty decent to be stabe at 4.7 ghz at 1.24v. your not nearly pushing the potential of your motherboard already. you might find more use by spending your money on some sort of AIO cooler and pushing ur cpu a little harder instead of buying a mobo.

I was planning to buy an Enthoo Pro with a Noctua NH-D15

MSI Z97-GAMING 7 or if you can afford a few extra bucks Asus MAXIMUS VII HERO

But they wont make much difference on the overclock, just more feature packed that's all. And aesthetics of course.

7800x3d - RTX 4090 FE - 64GB-6000C30 - 2x2TB 990 Pro - 4K 144HZ

PCPP: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mdRcqR

I was planning to buy an Enthoo Pro with a Noctua NH-D15

go for it. that cooler preforms almost as well as an AIO and i love phanteks.

MSI Z97-GAMING 7 or if you can afford a few extra bucks Asus MAXIMUS VII HERO

But they wont make much difference on the overclock, just more feature packed that's all. And aesthetics of course.

sli krait is a pretty baller looking mobo already. its hard to find white mobo's

go for it. that cooler preforms almost as well as an AIO and i love phanteks.

Where would you put my limit at, like what voltage I should stop at because believe me, I've gone farther than you are supposed to as in 1.365v. Where should I realistically stop?

sli krait is a pretty baller looking mobo already. its hard to find white mobo's

Racism.....reported.

Jk, yeah it does look good, depends what theme he is going for really. Most motherboard choices today come down to looks and features, as almost all overclock just fine.

7800x3d - RTX 4090 FE - 64GB-6000C30 - 2x2TB 990 Pro - 4K 144HZ

PCPP: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mdRcqR

Racism.....reported.

Jk, yeah it does look good, depends what theme he is going for really. Most motherboard choices today come down to looks and features, as almost all overclock just fine.

agreed. honnestly if they made a matx krait mobo i would trade in my msi z97m gaming 5 mobo in a heart beat. i dont use half the features and i have never even seen a sata express cable let alone ssd.