NVIDIA has EVGA, what does AMD have ?

nskceaj

Blue screens on the Vapor-x 290. But Sapphire RMA all of them.

And yet sapphire has a higher rma rate even than gigabyte (as does evga), with msi having the lowest rma percentage in the business (according to the most recent data we have aka late 2014- early 2015).

Honestly for amd... Msi for single card, sapphire for cf setups and nothing else matters.

Msi has the best overclocking this generation of cards, sapphire has the best temps (not that the temps matter all that much when both are perfectly sufficient cooling).

Btw outside of the ultra premium evga is pretty terrible this gen.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Sapphire has really good AMD cards but yea I've heard of 390 cards not even booting up. Saw some videos.

My 7850 though really put up a good, long fight until I got the 970. Sadly... the 970 puts that thing to shame.

I was getting around 35-40 fps with mixed settings on The Witcher 3, but 970 everything pretty much maxed 58 fps locked.

I don't max certain distance foliage and hairworks is indeed left on. Game looks SO much better using ultra detail and maxed out textures.

Sapphire has really good AMD cards but yea I've heard of 390 cards not even booting up. Saw some videos.

DOA can happen with any card of any brand. The risk can vary, but I'd say the more important variable is how the RMA process works.

My 7850 though really put up a good, long fight until I got the 970. Sadly... the 970 puts that thing to shame.

I was getting around 35-40 fps with mixed settings on The Witcher 3, but 970 everything pretty much maxed 58 fps locked.

I don't max certain distance foliage and hairworks is indeed left on. Game looks SO much better using ultra detail and maxed out textures.

DOA can happen with any card of any brand. The risk can vary, but I'd say the more important variable is how the RMA process works.

Have to update mobo bios with usb stick if you mean just having black screen, no signal.

For some damn reason my rig did this after I tried to raise CPU voltage, so I remembered Wendell mention manually flashing bios for CPU support which fixed it.

I've always just used ASUS flash from Windows so there is something whats not being said out loud. In any case as test I went straight to 4.7GHz, pulled back to 4.6 and left it like that.  :)

Have to update mobo bios with usb stick if you mean just having black screen, no signal.

No, that's only if the problem is caused by the BIOS not supporting the CPU. There are other things that can cause the same issue, like a dead graphics card.

No, that's only if the problem is caused by the BIOS not supporting the CPU. There are other things that can cause the same issue, like a dead graphics card.

I tested with another GPU and PC worked just fine, but newer GPU just lost signal like that and so on.

I tested with another GPU and PC worked just fine, but newer GPU just lost signal like that and so on.

Okay, but a dead GPU will give no signal, and updating BIOS will not fix that.

Sapphire and MSI

MSI is more prominent nVidia side really

Sapphire, XFX, PowerColour etc

Powercolor*

unfortunately, Americans can't fucking spell correctly.

MSI is more prominent nVidia side really

Powercolor*

unfortunately, Americans can't fucking spell correctly.

"Colour" is the alternative spelling of "color." Though the use of it is still incorrect because it's a brand.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

"Colour" is the alternative spelling of "color." Though the use of it is still incorrect because it's a brand.

I know it is, I'm british. I was making a joke that American English is stupid

I know it is, I'm british. I was making a joke that American English is stupid

When you can say aluminum correctly, let us know. ;)

If anyone asks you never saw me.

When you can say aluminum correctly, let us know. ;)

Historically both were used in the discovery so no one is more correct, although I personally prefer aluminium.

Pronoucing Americium is a more amusing for more people.

Historically the distinction between yttrium, terbium and erbium is even more confusing.

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Historically both were used in the discovery so no one is more correct, although I personally prefer aluminium.

Pronoucing Americium is a more amusing for more people.

Historically the distinction between yttrium, terbium and erbium is even more confusing.

I was being facetious . I'm a science major so can speak German and use the metric system. So I get the struggle of dealing with Americans :lol: . Even though I am one :ph34r:

If anyone asks you never saw me.

I was being facetious . I'm a science major so can speak German and use the metric system. So I get the struggle of dealing with Americans :lol: . Even though I am one :ph34r:

Haha. Likewise. Although I'm a NE who speaks French.

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS