Help please my parents won't let me get a gaming tower

I ordered a motherboard with my money on Saturday and it arrived today my mum and dad where furious telling me it's to much money and is not worth it please could you help me purwade them to let me get a gaming PC. Thanks

been lloking through this topic trying to see why your parents were furious, there reaction seemed unreasionable until I saw this

To order stuff on Amazon instead of asking my mum every 5mins

bingo man that never ever works it only succeeds in doing the exact opposite and going behind your parents back and having an amazon acount, yeah  man not cool.

I would give it a break for a while and the bring it up latter on maybe in december, and instead of nagging politly discuss it with your parents ask them why they dont want you to own a computer and give them reasions OTHER (and this is big man) why having a desktop would be useful, like for homework and such.

during the break start learning about computers parts and such and how to build one and then when you bring it up again in a mature way, show them that you know what you are doing and that it wont be a waste of money.

but remember the biggies thing is to act mature and talk to them both and not get angry if they say no.

on a side note it looks like I am the oldest one to reply on this topic, heh feels weird xD

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

;)

looks like I am the oldest one to reply on this topic, heh feels weird xD

Your not,..you'd be VERY surprised at how old some of us are... (Even if we type like children)

:)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Your not,..you'd be VERY surprised at how old some of us are... (Even if we type like children)

Very true ;)

TX10 Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/456229-tx10-build-log/

Case: TX10-D   Proccessor: i7-5820k   MotherBoard: Asrockx99 Extreme4   Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (DDR4-2400)   GPU: Asus Strix OC 980ti   Storage: 850pro 500gb, 850pro 500gb, 850pro 256gb, WD black 16tb total, Silicon Power S60 120GB   PSU: Seasonic snow silent 1050   Monitors: Three of Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0"

eh, I'm not old just old enough to tell a kid that nagging is not really a productive choice, even if the parents are not being reasonable, if only I knew at the age of 12....probably wouldnt  have worked in getting that newly released ps2 but I digress

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

There is 1 12 year old at the college I go to. The dude is the smartest kid in the Physical Science 153 lol. Had to pass our college entrance test which I can't even pass the math part... Gaming tower does not mean i7-4790ks and 980Tis. He may be looking for like a i3-4170 and a R9 270x or R9 285. Maybe a locked i5.

For streaming he's better off with a FX processor over an i3. x264 encoding is something AMD's CPU's have over intel's lower end cpu's (i3's and Pentiums). Not that I would advise him to stream, he will get raided by 4chan or some shit and everyone will call him a squeaker or something.

But yeah, he obviously has no planning out done at all. He just buys without thinking from the looks of it. If anything he might just be following the "INTEL/NVIDIA MASTER RACE" bandwagon or whatever and throwing any other options out of the question (Even if it might even be a good idea)

Honestly if you can't plan out a proper build and do a lot of research, then you don't deserve to spend money putting one together. No offence, but I don't think you have the skills and mindset to build your own PC right now. Honestly you are better off with an Xbox or something based on what you are doing. Because if you do end up making mistakes, you just wasted a lot of money. And at your age it's hard to get.

If you don't mind being patient and learning for a while, then ask lots of questions here and do lots and lots of research before you even think about assembling or picking parts for a PC. The last thing I would like to hear from you is that the build is crap or it isn't near as good as you wanted it to be. That or you end up messing something up and killing the build. As much as people say it's super easy to build a PC, it does require a fair share of knowledge and patience to do it properly and get the best build for your budget and what you want to do. But first I think you should really study English, I would hate to see you fail once you reach high school.

If you are really impatient and don't feel like waiting months to a year to learn lots of different information about hardware and PC builds, then here's my opinion (I actually spent a year saving money, learning lots and making sure I was picking the best stuff that suited what I wanted to do and fit my budget):

I think for now you should just get a console to just play games, since that's probably all you will be doing based on how mature you are to be honest. And then maybe in a few years once you learn more about building PC's and PC hardware you should definitely go for it.

Yes, but when you were 12 could you just spend over $400 without your parents knowing and without blinking an eye? Mine sure didn't they would beat me with a belt if I did that.

As long as I told them and it was my money. They say my money, my problems and mistakes.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

As long as I told them and it was my money. They say my money, my problems and mistakes.

Wow I wish I had your parents as a kid, sometimes, if I did that I would probably be broke. It's just hard to believe that they would let you spend THAT MUCH. He is planning to spend like $600 I think. 

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600 Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: 32Gb DDR4  GPU(s): MSI 6800-XT Case: NZXT H440 Storage: 4x 250gb SSD + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM850x with CableMod Displays: 1 x Asus ROG Swift And 3 x 24" 1080p Cooling: H100i Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Sound: AKG 553 Operating System: Windows 10

Current PC: 

http://i.imgur.com/ubYSO3f.jpg          http://i.imgur.com/xhpDcqd.jpg

Wow I wish I had your parents as a kid, sometimes, if I did that I would probably be broke. It's just hard to believe that they would let you spend THAT MUCH. He is planning to spend like $600 I think.

My mother trust me, I would think/say I am pretty mature for my age. Being 14 and taking college classes expect math, which I take Honors Geometey, I can usually stop myself from doing stupid stuff. The PC I plan on getting is $2,000. Because I need it? No, Well.. Maybe the i7. One of the degrees I plan on going into is Video editing and some photoshop. Just the point that my mother says I will never lesrn anything if I make no mistakes.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Definitely do not order something without your parent's permission. Even if it is your own money. And even if your parents have let you know you can order what you want, at least let them know that large box may arrive on the doorstep in a week's time.

Now as far as your parents saying that it is a waste of money and that you should either buy a Mac or Xbox, tell them that Windows will let you get more done, and that it will play the games you want it to play. Maybe add in that you can get a better windows computer for the same price as an iMac or Macbook Pro.

I can't guarantee it will work, my mom thought i'd break the computer trying to build it. I've been living on used and broken laptops for the past four years. And the only way I was able to get her to agree to it was after I repaired and rebuilt about four computers.

My procrastination is the bane of my existence.

I make games and stuff in my spare time.

Definitely do not order something without your parent's permission. Even if it is your own money. And even if your parents have let you know you can order what you want, at least let them know that large box may arrive on the doorstep in a week's time.

Now as far as your parents saying that it is a waste of money and that you should either buy a Mac or Xbox, tell them that Windows will let you get more done, and that it will play the games you want it to play. Maybe add in that you can get a better windows computer for the same price as an iMac or Macbook Pro.

I can't guarantee it will work, my mom thought i'd break the computer trying to build it. I've been living on used and broken laptops for the past four years. And the only way I was able to get her to agree to it was after I repaired and rebuilt about four computers.

Exactly. I don't understand why people think its okay to not let them know. It might be "his" money, but he is 12. When I order something I tell my parents. They don't always agree but I tell them why I need or want it and explain how it will benefit from what I already have. They always explain that they don't WANT me to do it but if I think it's worth the money and I'm willing to pay for it and I have at least $2,000 saved for college, yes I know that's not much but my parents are going to pay for most of it, then they are usually fine with it. My dad usually asks me multiple times if I think that the extra money is really worth the small upgrade I would get. My mom still thinks that when I work on my computer I will break it. I didn't even tell her I was painting my graphics cards until she got home from vacation because she would disapprove thinking I would break them. You need to keep in mind paint is only like $8 which is pretty much a McDonalds meal so why not. Anyway, show them that they can trust you. Start small, older parts maybe, hit me up with a message, I might have something he might want, if he reads this. After time they will let you buy more and more. I was only allowed to buy a case and motherbord and PSU first because they wanted to show I knew what I was doing and that I really had a passion for it.

Edit: Anyone know how hard it is to type this much on a damn phone. If they made full size keyboards for phones I would buy one..

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600 Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: 32Gb DDR4  GPU(s): MSI 6800-XT Case: NZXT H440 Storage: 4x 250gb SSD + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM850x with CableMod Displays: 1 x Asus ROG Swift And 3 x 24" 1080p Cooling: H100i Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Sound: AKG 553 Operating System: Windows 10

Current PC: 

http://i.imgur.com/ubYSO3f.jpg          http://i.imgur.com/xhpDcqd.jpg