4770k @ 4.4 Ghz at 1190 Volts.

So i managed to overclock my 4770k to 4.4 Ghz stable(4.5 just doesnt wanna work) and use a voltage lower than the stock voltage(1.190volts). 

My temps dropped from around 75 to 65 under load with the aida64 stress test ( i am using a dark rock pro 3)

Is this safe to use full time or should i use stock voltage or a little bit more? eventough it passed the aida64 stress test.

I don't think you mean 1190V.......

If you're going higher with the clock rate, voltage should scale with it. If you can run stable with a lower voltage, hell yeah! I'd give it some real-world tests before actually confirming it valid. Play some intensive games, render a video, something hard.

Green With Envy

A build based on a children's cartoon

1.19v is perfectly fine, go ahead and use that.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I don't think you mean 1190V.......

If you're going higher with the clock rate, voltage should scale with it. If you can run stable with a lower voltage, hell yeah! I'd give it some real-world tests before actually confirming it valid. Play some intensive games, render a video, something hard.

I meant 1.190 haha :P And il beat the shit out of it with some intesive test and see if holds up. I really hope so since i really like the fact that i dropped my temps with 10 degrees.

Dang... 1190 volts. That's a lot. What kind of cooler are you using? The wind farms of Holland?

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

Jup i build a custom rig around 100 meters high so that the airflow goes directly into my case :D

Nice. Do you live near any airports? That could cause issues with the air traffic control tower visibility. I know a guy who had a PC cooled by the icy vacuum of space, but it got hit by the shuttle on reentry. 

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

Nice. Do you live near any airports? That could cause issues with the air traffic control tower visibility. I know a guy who had a PC cooled by the icy vacuum of space, but it got hit by the shuttle on reentry. 

Luckily i do not so no problems there. allthough the authorities didnt like it when i was bulding a PC infront of those windturbines

Luckily i do not so no problems there. allthough the authorities didnt like it when i was bulding a PC infront of those windturbines

Yeah. Do birds sometimes hit your tower? I've heard that bats and other flying creatures sometimes hit the blades of those turbines.

Sure, why not. It only crashes if voltage isn't high enough for task.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Anything is fine , as long as it's stable.

If this is true , you have a very good chip , and you could probably push it farther .

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case