Maximus VIII Extreme in Master Case Pro 5?

Tithonius

So very recently I have wanted to upgrade to an extreme board for a skylake upgrade. What i want to be able to do is put a Maximus VIII Extreme in my MasterCase Pro 5. The mounting holes for the Maximus VIII Extreme look the same as a regular ATX board in the manual, but I just want to make sure that it will fit. I also plan to keep using my ROG Front Base, and I just want to make sure that the Front base wont interfere with the board.

I know that I will most likely block a bit of the rubber grommets to the right of the motherboard tray, but they should still be very usable. Is there anything else i should worry about? Thanks so much.

Collecting every single CPU in existence? Is it possible? I have no idea, but i'm sure gonna try! http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/341848-dont-throw-away-old-cpus-im-collecting/

the Extreme is EATX. What will happen is probably the same as what happened to slick during the folding @ home and boinc build

"God created war so that Americans would learn geography"

the Extreme is EATX. What will happen is probably the same as what happened to slick during the folding @ home and boinc build

yes, but in that video the board is actually up against the case, as in that build, the case has a angled up edge on the side of the motherboard that is longer.. the mastercase pro 5 doesnt have that issue.

I guess i know that it Will fit, but I just want to make sure that if i went ahead and went for it, i would still be able to use the grommets in the MasterCase.

Collecting every single CPU in existence? Is it possible? I have no idea, but i'm sure gonna try! http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/341848-dont-throw-away-old-cpus-im-collecting/

yes, but in that video the board is actually up against the case, as in that build, the case has a angled up edge on the side of the motherboard that is longer.. the mastercase pro 5 doesnt have that issue.

I guess i know that it Will fit, but I just want to make sure that if i went ahead and went for it, i would still be able to use the grommets in the MasterCase.

The motherboard is not true EATX as that standard is 12"x13" (305mm x 330mm). It is 12" x 10.7" (305mm x 272mm). Regardless, based on CM pictures the motherboard will overhang the grommets as they butt up to the edge of ATX mounting points. Still there should be a bit of space open.

Why not measure 10.7" from the rear edge of the current motherboard to see just how much of an overhang would exist?

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

The motherboard is not true EATX as that standard is 12"x13" (305mm x 330mm). It is 12" x 10.7" (305mm x 272mm). Regardless, based on CM pictures the motherboard will overhang the grommets as they butt up to the edge of ATX mounting points. Still there should be a bit of space open.

Why not measure 10.7" from the rear edge of the current motherboard to see just how much of an overhang would exist?

yeah, all of the measurements and stuff seem to fit and all the measurements fit.. hopefully when it gets here there isnt somthing funky that keeps me from using it.. they are not cheap..

yeah, all of the measurements and stuff seem to fit and all the measurements fit.. hopefully when it gets here there isnt somthing funky that keeps me from using it.. they are not cheap..

Not cheap but sure is pretty. Nice features too.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Not cheap but sure is pretty. Nice features too.

Yep :) It will work for me far into the future, and im proud to say that I own one, for sure