PC build For fallout 4

Arcanekitten

Hi !

so if you remember i made a post a bit back and ive updated a couple things so just to be sure i want to check everything if it would work.

this pc is designed to play fallout 4 heavily modded also the extreme high psu wattage is because of "future proofing " so i can just add another GPU if needed a little boost.

The cpu i chose since i am building a PC for a friend which doesn't overclock so why spent more for something you don't use (it would cost 50 euro more to switch cpu to 4690k and Z97).

Oh forgot there is a HDD that he will switch from his old pc :)

PCPartPicker part list: http://de.pcpartpicker.com/p/YpY7xr
Price breakdown by merchant: http://de.pcpartpicker.com/p/YpY7xr/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-4590 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor  (€192.90) 
Motherboard: MSI H97 GAMING 3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (€104.90) 
Memory: Kingston Savage 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600* Memory  (€47.90) 
Storage: Crucial BX100 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€66.00) 
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 390 8GB Video Card  (€358.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define S w/Window ATX Mid Tower Case  (€94.90) 
Power Supply: EVGA 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (€150.00) 
Total: €1014.60
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-01 17:56 CET+0100

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

for 1080p that looks more than enough for a heavily modded fo4

GPU - 2x GTX 970 g1 gaming (sli) CPU - I5 4690k 4.6Ghz Cooler - Kraken x61 PSU - Corsair ax760 RAM - 32gb Corsair vengeance pro 2400mhz Storage - 730 Series SSD 240gb Case - Phantek enthoo pro

Pretty good but I'd get a 250GB SSD and a mass storage HDD.  120 fills up way too fast these days

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

Im In Night Theme and I can't read that. But getting an overkill PSU Is not good.

Im In Night Theme and I can't read that. But getting an overkill PSU Is not good.

Why? he can get another gpu or better cpu in the future without changing psu

Overclocked fallout 4? what kind of sorcery is that

It is the future!

GPU - 2x GTX 970 g1 gaming (sli) CPU - I5 4690k 4.6Ghz Cooler - Kraken x61 PSU - Corsair ax760 RAM - 32gb Corsair vengeance pro 2400mhz Storage - 730 Series SSD 240gb Case - Phantek enthoo pro

its just that he doesn't have to spend 150 euro's on a psu down the road and can just without worrying add another r9 390 if needed.

You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

Hi !

so if you remember i made a post a bit back and ive updated a couple things so just to be sure i want to check everything if it would work.

this pc is designed to play fallout 4 heavily modded also the extreme high psu wattage is because of "future proofing " so i can just add another GPU if needed a little boost.

The cpu i chose since i am building a PC for a friend which doesn't overclock so why spent more for something you don't use (it would cost 50 euro more to switch cpu to 4690k and Z97).

Oh forgot there is a HDD that he will switch from his old pc  :)

PCPartPicker part list: http://de.pcpartpicker.com/p/YpY7xr

Price breakdown by merchant: http://de.pcpartpicker.com/p/YpY7xr/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-4590 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor  (€192.90) 

Motherboard: MSI H97 GAMING 3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (€104.90) 

Memory: Kingston Savage 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600* Memory  (€47.90) 

Storage: Crucial BX100 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€66.00) 

Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 390 8GB Video Card  (€358.00) 

Case: Fractal Design Define S w/Window ATX Mid Tower Case  (€94.90) 

Power Supply: EVGA 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (€150.00) 

Total: €1014.60

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-01 17:56 CET+01

solid build very solid build. i like that extra juice on psu who knows maybe crossfire in future you dont wanna change the psu again in the future.

CPU:  i7 4770k @ overclocked to 4.4ghz             GPU: Intel HD4600                                                                SSD: Kingston V300 120GB (OS)                   Cooler:  Corsair H100i GTX
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolve (Black)                RAM: 2x4gb Corsair Dominator Platinium 2133mhz  HDD: 1TB Seagate                                            Mouse: Logitech G502
OS:     Windows 10                                                      PSU: Corsair RM850i 80+ Gold                                          Motherboard:  AsusZ97 Pro Gamer              Keyboard: Vortex Pok3r 3

Why? he can get another gpu or better cpu in the future without changing psu

Watt consistency can be bad If the system Is using very little of the PSU's Watt supply.

its just that he doesn't have to spend 150 euro's on a psu down the road and can just without worrying add another r9 390 if needed.

Watt consistency can be bad If the system Is using very little of the PSU's Watt supply. Not 100% sure If this applies to your PSU though, but Id suggest doing some research first.

Watt consistency can be bad If the system Is using very little of the PSU's Watt supply.

Can you give me a link to learn about that? Im really interested.I have always thought that having a beefier psu is better because it would work less harder and be more efficient

Watt consistency can be bad If the system Is using very little of the PSU's Watt supply. Not 100% sure If this applies to your PSU though, but Id suggest doing some research first.

It will be fine. It might run slightly less efficient, but in real world terms you won't notice any difference on your Elec bill.

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231 V3 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($232.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($71.98 @ Newegg) 

Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 390 8GB PCS+ Video Card  ($279.99 @ Newegg) 

Total: $932.58

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-01 12:49 EST-0500

100% suits your needs 70 BUCKS left to spend on all your NICE software games whatever you wanne use of that last bit of budget...

The MOBO & RAM PRICE tho :D 0.01 dff

Thats like the BEST case you can get EVER for the PRICE check this.... WOW...

cbb6f3aba89c9dd5dec4e5f1b4cbffdd.1600.jp

Can you give me a link to learn about that? Im really interested.I have always thought that having a beefier psu is better because it would work less harder and be more efficient

Linus has usually done a video for stuff like this, for more In depth guess Google :)

Thanks !

Went with a CM V1000 instead :)