Cannot OC VRAM

Go to solution Solved by rhbvkleef,

This problem appears to be fixed with the newest driver update pushed by GFX. The issue is solved and can be closed.

Hello

Today I started playing GTAV and noticed sluggish performance. It used to run all good. When I checked OC settings I noticed that my VRAM overclock was gone. I tried to put it back but it kept resetting to +0MHz. I tried it both with MSI Afterburner and Asus GPUTweak.

How can I find out what the reason is I cannot overclock my VRAM anymore? I used to be able to do it, and I can still overclock my GPU.

P.S. My GPU is a gtx970 G1. Drivers are updated using GeForce Experience. For further specs, see profile.

Hello

Today I started playing GTAV and noticed sluggish performance. It used to run all good. When I checked OC settings I noticed that my VRAM overclock was gone. I tried to put it back but it kept resetting to +0MHz. I tried it both with MSI Afterburner and Asus GPUTweak.

How can I find out what the reason is I cannot overclock my VRAM anymore? I used to be able to do it, and I can still overclock my GPU.

P.S. My GPU is a gtx970 G1. Drivers are updated using GeForce Experience. For further specs, see profile.

Even though you said drivers are updated with GFE, I'd still do a proper re-install of Nvidia drivers (Diff versions tho) to remove them from the problem-list.

Usually, these problems are fixed by a simple CLEAN-driver-reinstall.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Even though you said drivers are updated with GFE, I'd still do a proper re-install of Nvidia drivers (Diff versions tho) to remove them from the problem-list.

Usually, these problems are fixed by a simple CLEAN-driver-reinstall.

Reinstalled drivers, downloaded from nvidia.com/drivers. Still cannot overclock my VRAM.

Is there a possibility that VRAM OC is disabled in the newest drivers? Shouldn't be. How do I check that?

i am having the same problem with my graphics card, any body figure out what to do yet?

This problem appears to be fixed with the newest driver update pushed by GFX. The issue is solved and can be closed.

Mark YOUR post above this one as BEST answer, so the next person who reads this saves himself the trouble of doing other things first.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz