Why is best buy out of this battery?

d3sl91

This is a strange one. I need to pick up a second EN-EL15 for my D750. I plan on getting from BestBuy using in-store credit, after pricematching Amazon or B&H. 

BUT. They... don't seem to have any...anywhere. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nikon-en-el15-rechargeable-lithium-ion-battery-black/2053563.p?id=1218307911367&skuId=2053563

I was just in store, and it's gone, and look online and theres none in stock in any stores for 250 miles. Also, it's not shipped from online either. 

Is there some form of shortage? A recall? Something I missed? Or is BestBuy just being stupid? 

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

How old is that product? Best Buy can't ship you anything that has been discontinued unless they have some in stock somewhere.

It's the battery used on their newest cameras, but the product is quite old in general - they just use the same battery for lots of cameras. 

It's the battery used on their newest cameras, but the product is quite old in general - they just use the same battery for lots of cameras. 

Want me to inquire as to where/how you can get one tomorrow?

Want me to inquire as to where/how you can get one tomorrow?

Thanks for the offer :)

But, I have a couple shops that I can get one from tomorrow if needed. What's happening is: I'm waiting for my BB points to get rewarded in about a week so I don't have to spend the money out-of-pocket. (I'm getting enough in rewards to buy a 50mm lens + the battery). 

I'm more concerned that If I wait, and theres another shortage (apparently it's happened before on these batteries), I may be waiting for much longer than I want. And instead should buy now and use the rewards for something else. 

So I was in Portland 2 weeks ago, and I was in downtown, there's these 2 camera stores almost next to each other, when I went into there, they didn't seem to know what they were doing, and lack alot of items. I was so sad :|

Back to the Batteries EN-EL15 , you are better off buying third party brands, since they are easily accessible, and made. But if it was a EN-EL14 alot of the third parties may not work, due to a chip problem. :(

So I was in Portland 2 weeks ago, and I was in downtown, there's these 2 camera stores almost next to each other, when I went into there, they didn't seem to know what they were doing, and lack alot of items. I was so sad :|

Back to the Batteries EN-EL15 , you are better off buying third party brands, since they are easily accessible, and made. But if it was a EN-EL14 alot of the third parties may not work, due to a chip problem. :(

Odd part, is they are out of 3rd party as well.

I spoke to one of the folks in the camera portion of the store yesterday. "Looks like either best buy as a whole failed to order any from Nikon, or Nikon is not shipping us any. Either way, somebody somewhere made a mistake."

Yaaay.

The only store in Portland I like, is ProPhoto Supply.